Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

If you could meet anybody from the site who would it be and why?

If you could meet anybody from the site who would it be and why?

Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

bro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud of
Default If you could meet anybody from the site who would it be and why?

I would say Wiz, I like his motorbike Avatar, is it yours Wiz?
Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:51 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you could meet anybody from the site who would it be and why?

Originally Posted by bro69

1) Wilf
2) Pommie Bastard
their repartee was absolutely priceless, long may they enjoy their cyber retirements.....
Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:25 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet-as bro! Not my bike tho - a genius chappy called John Britten built that baby. Still up for that pint if you want...?

As for me, well I'd say Bert Badger just so's I could see if he was in the flesh what I though he was from his posts - i.e. a dweeby geek with loads of opinion but no cojones, and if it WAS the case then I'd kick sand in his face
Old Jun 26th 2007, 7:02 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Done it
I wanted to meet Danny F to see if he was as funny in the flesh as he seemed to be in his posts.
He was exactly as I thought he would be - he was just so funny
We spent a long weekend in Porirua and he and Donna took time out to show us around and make us feel welcome.
It was an absolute pleasure to meet him and Donna and he is a really nice chap - when you can understand him that is
Karen B
Old Jun 26th 2007, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

That's nice K
Well, we are lucky enough to have met a few people from the forum and we look forward to meeting more over time.
It would be great to meet Nice Guy just to see if he's as miserable as he would have us believe (even though he doesn't post anymore, we know you pop in though sir)and SarahB and her bub because I enjoyed reading about her pregnancy while we were still in the UK (among other reasons) althouh there are a few others I would also like to meet - but where to stop once you start????
(Naming people I mean - not meeting people)
Avid would be interesting to meet, just to hear his posh accent if for no other reason

Last edited by donnaf; Jun 26th 2007 at 8:08 am.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Karonious - as she seems like a good egg - and could correct me on ma Doric!
Old Jun 26th 2007, 11:46 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodlea
Karonious - as she seems like a good egg - and could correct me on ma Doric!
Thanks for that, I would load you with Karma but as I dished it out the other day, none with your name on at the moment
And I certainly look egg-shaped at the moment with all my winter padding on. Wait for the spring though - surely I will get to the Gym when this dreadful winter looses it's icy, snowy grip on the country
Old Jun 26th 2007, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
Thanks for that, I would load you with Karma but as I dished it out the other day, none with your name on at the moment
And I certainly look egg-shaped at the moment with all my winter padding on. Wait for the spring though - surely I will get to the Gym when this dreadful winter looses it's icy, snowy grip on the country
Come on now girl its nae as bad as a Scottish winter, and the last few days have been better than a Scottish summer. They're gripped by the harr in Aberdeenshire havna seen the sun in weeks, I'm still working on ma tan!!

Last edited by Woodlea; Jun 26th 2007 at 11:56 am. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 26th 2007, 11:58 am
conquering the world!

Originally Posted by Woodlea
Come on now girl its nae as bad as a Scottish winter, and the last few days have been better than a Scottish summer. They're gripped by the harr in Aberdeenshire havna seen the sun in weeks, I'm still working on ma tan!!
I've done two stints in the Bloo Toon - this is heaven compared with Peterhead! It was warmer here today in the middle of winter than most summer days in Peterhead {insert shivery smilie}
Old Jun 26th 2007, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

In no particular order......

AmLoolah, WiznTon, Karonious, Marika 38, Maz, PaulGent, Sirplug, Ash1, ceri75, jill1420, and of course Phil01.

I have met Nickyw over the weekend, and she is great so hopefully we will live not far from each other when we both get there.

jill1420 - get your backside down here so we can go for that drink LOL

Last edited by kato33; Jun 26th 2007 at 12:04 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 26th 2007, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Happy to say I've already met some my BE friends:am loolah, paulgent, Danny and donna, cottageinthesky,Sarahb, talked to Karonious and met many on the 'OZ' forum because I visited there twice and went to their meet ups in Melbourne and became moderator on the Britvics forum (when we thought we were going to move to OZ.)
I'm looking forward to meeting more people at the grand meet up in Taupo next yr. Love to meet up with the rest of the people who hang out in kiwi bar with me and have helped me through the last 11 months of visa trail
cheers
Helen
Old Jun 26th 2007, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

I would like to meet Avid to see if he can be that sarky in real life. HappyNZ seems like a real cool dude.

Mark and Kim and Wiz'n'Ton seem like really good, helpful kind of people, and Kimi-Deacon is a fellow Norfolk dumpling.

Old Jun 26th 2007, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kato33
In no particular order......

AmLoolah, WiznTon, Karonious, Marika 38, Maz, PaulGent, Sirplug, Ash1, ceri75, jill1420, and of course Phil01.

I have met Nickyw over the weekend, and she is great so hopefully we will live not far from each other when we both get there.

jill1420 - get your backside down here so we can go for that drink LOL
Thanks Kato.........................might take you up on that offer as I finish up on Friday for the whole summer.............Yahoo!.....Do you think they sussed that I was spending all day on BE?.....................lolx
Need to get down to London to see We will Rock You! before NZ. How far on train to you?
Also looking forward to meeting Phil01(cheers Debs for all your patience and advice) Spacecake and mpg................who are updating me on Auckland living........Ta guys.
Happy to meet up with any of you once we are in NZ especially if you luv a laugh ,80s music, singstar, music quizes and general partying.........and dont take yourself or life to seriously....................cheers!

Last edited by jill1420; Jun 26th 2007 at 6:03 pm. Reason: xtra sentence
Old Jun 26th 2007, 8:38 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littleal
I would like to meet Avid to see if he can be that sarky in real life. HappyNZ seems like a real cool dude.
How does 'HappyNZ' get 'cool' and I get 'sarky'?

Anyway, Welligton is a very small city so we've all passed each other in the streets countless times by now.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Where to start...pretty much everyone...the truckers families of course Rubini he owes me a guinness! Kato 33, Jill 1420, Gazzer15 & Elsie 03 then moving on Jack from Happyville...he's just sooo nice, really helpful and funny, donnaf, happyNZ, Mandie H, karonious and Maz...because they all seem genuine, cheery and reassuring, wiz n ton and cherry because they make me laugh and reecefam and the simonmarkellis clan because they seem like fab families! But those are only the ones I can remember off the top of my head!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.