Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

If you could meet anybody from the site who would it be and why?

If you could meet anybody from the site who would it be and why?

Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: If you could meet anybody from the site who would it be and why?

Now I've had more time to think there are tons of people who I would like to meet who I haven't mentioned - suffice to say I would like to meet anyone who has made this journey or are planning to - if we had nothing else in common to talk about this would be enough to chat about over a glass of Shiraz / Pinot Gris - Reserve if you're buying, please
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:50 am
duckfoot

ceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud of

i'd like to meet up with all of you atleast once! & put face to names.
doesnt seem right somehow to name but these ones i'd love to meet.... kato33, AMloolah, JTL, michelle & carl, littletoe, paladin, trigod, poppets, dicknlyn,Rob Clubley, dazal, leighlou...... so many to name so will stop now... just everyone really whos up for a crack & doesnt take themselves & life too seriously & has fun.
&&&&&&&&&&&& danny & donna cos they crack me up...

Last edited by ceri75; Jun 27th 2007 at 10:51 am. Reason: missed one of the funniest
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:33 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
Hey thanks everyone who said they would like to meet me.... am sitting here wondering "Why? They must be insane!!":eek

Id like to meet so many people off here.... Poppets, Karonious, Am Loolah, Danny and Donna.... Jude J... Littletoe... Nice Guy... Michelle and Carl.... Wiz N Ton, JTL ....AnnieNell.... Boopy... Batty.... Sunshine n Rain.... garryhg and clan... kwprwn... lardyl... Genesis..... and many more I just cant think of at the moment as Im slowly but surely freezing to death..... once you start you just cant stop... apologies to anyone I have missed out.

We are planning a trip to Auckland on Sunday in our usual half-arsed way (ie :not planned at all). Anyone up for a coffee? It would have to be at some easily recognisable landmark as I would have to navigate. Steve wants some gravy granules so Sylvia Park is a must!!

Last edited by karonious; Jun 27th 2007 at 11:35 am.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:44 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
We are planning a trip to Auckland on Sunday in our usual half-arsed way (ie :not planned at all). Anyone up for a coffee? It would have to be at some easily recognisable landmark as I would have to navigate. Steve wants some gravy granules so Sylvia Park is a must!!
its pretty close to Mt Wellington..............what time are you due? Might get MrsL interested but it would have to be after our weekly visit to the local chapel in the morning, we were thinking of visiting one or other museum in AKL on Sunday so a coffee/chat could be fitted in, any other takers?
BTW this site is really good for finding Points of Interest - came out of GPS entheusiasts sharing these POIs online:
http://www.zenbu.co.nz/search?q=pak%2C+sylvia+park
you can then look for nearby stuff.............
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:47 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: If you could meet anybody from the site who would it be and why?

for example:
http://www.zenbu.co.nz/search/findne...&l=sylvia+park
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:49 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
its pretty close to Mt Wellington..............what time are you due? Might get MrsL interested but it would have to be after our weekly visit to the local chapel in the morning, we were thinking of visiting one or other museum in AKL on Sunday so a coffee/chat could be fitted in, any other takers?
BTW this site is really good for finding Points of Interest - came out of GPS entheusiasts sharing these POIs online:
http://www.zenbu.co.nz/search?q=pak%2C+sylvia+park
you can then look for nearby stuff.............
Like I said, not really planned at all so we can probably fit in with whatever else is going on. Where would you suggest? Museum sounds good, wouldn't mind going there myself
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:56 am
you dewty owld maan!

Have you been to any in AKL?
We have been too busy to see anything in the city.......
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donnaf
Now I've had more time to think there are tons of people who I would like to meet who I haven't mentioned - suffice to say I would like to meet anyone who has made this journey or are planning to - if we had nothing else in common to talk about this would be enough to chat about over a glass of Shiraz / Pinot Gris - Reserve if you're buying, please
the moment we hit NZ soil I will get the drink flowing for you all.
Big, Big party & BBq for you lot on here.

Seriously though, we are leaving sooooo many good friends behind in the UK who we regularly meet for dinner or takeaways or drinks, usually I do the cooking and I want to keep this up when we get over to NZ. I am slightly crazy, the kids are mad enough and the OH, well.......say no more about him

Can't wait to meet you all.

Now go and throw up in your buckets please
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:58 am
you dewty owld maan!

Sorry but I must go to bed now as I have another 0530h start......thats 5 1/2 hrs away......oopps
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but I must go to bed now as I have another 0530h start......thats 5 1/2 hrs away......oopps
Was going to give you sleepy karma but they wont let me.
Damn
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:01 pm
conquering the world!

Have you been to any in AKL?
We have been too busy to see anything in the city.......
I have been to Auckland 3 times. Well, twice really as the first was driving away from the airport. Second time, we went to visit Jac & Adie and I was there last week for a Parole Board hearing. It reminded me of Aberdeen a wee bit. So really, no sightseeing as such
Old Jun 27th 2007, 2:57 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Avid (intelligent, sensible man after my own heart), Karonious (lovely lady), Genesis (pizza) and DannyF (for a real-life fight).
Old Jun 27th 2007, 2:58 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

And not forgetting my forum first love, SecretSquirrel.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Elsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really nice

Originally Posted by phil01
Where to start...pretty much everyone...the truckers families of course Rubini he owes me a guinness! Kato 33, Jill 1420, Gazzer15 & Elsie 03 then moving on Jack from Happyville...he's just sooo nice, really helpful and funny, donnaf, happyNZ, Mandie H, karonious and Maz...because they all seem genuine, cheery and reassuring, wiz n ton and cherry because they make me laugh and reecefam and the simonmarkellis clan because they seem like fab families! But those are only the ones I can remember off the top of my head!
Thanks Phil; fingers crossed and a fair wind blowing, we’ll be there!!

It goes without saying that once we cross the hemisphere, we’d be more than happy to meet up with any Expat for a drink although Im sure some of them may require a little more alcohol on our part …. Seriously, we’ll certainly be arranging a “Cant Believe We Made It" BBQ to which those locally and those willing to travel will be more than welcome. But in particular, we’d like to make a special mention to Mr and Mrs PHIL01, Booby and Kato33. Phil03 – goes without saying, you are the gurus of this relocation lark for the trucking community and a big thanks for your support and help so far. Boopy…you sound great fun and any rock chick who drinks Vodka goes a fair way in my book and Kato33, Im sure we’ll have loads in common once we’re in NZ....what will we do with all that spare time..
Old Jun 27th 2007, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Leighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant future

Just to add my two pennies worth - I have to say some of the older names that I've not seen for a while that have not yet had a mention would be Sky and Campbells (where are they now?). Always good for a smart reply and a good laugh. Rob and his skoda seems a reply good bloke and well really anyone and everyone whose given me the time of dayGreat site!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.