Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

If You Could Live In Any Area of NZ?

View Poll Results: If You Could Live In Any Area Of NZ?
Northland
9.59%
Outer Auckland inc. Rodney District
10.96%
Auckland Inner
2.74%
Coromandel
2.74%
Waikato
4.11%
Bay of Plenty
20.55%
East Cape/Napier/Hawkes Bay
2.74%
New Plymouth Area
1.37%
Palmerston North
4.11%
Wellington
15.07%
Neslon/Blenheim
20.55%
Christchurch Area
9.59%
Queenstown
8.22%
Dunedin
1.37%
Invercargill
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

If You Could Live In Any Area of NZ?

Old Apr 23rd 2009, 12:48 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Question If You Could Live In Any Area of NZ?

Where would you choose to be if you weren't dictated to by your job? And apologies if I've left your area of choice off, but we have to have a limit to the number of options. Feel free to post an alternative and why!

Last edited by Am Loolah; Apr 23rd 2009 at 12:52 pm.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 1:19 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If You Could Live In Any Area of NZ?

Who voted fro BoP?
Can't gues......

You need lots more categories Loolah..........
Rodney District has more people in it that Palmy does by 15,000......plus its pretty popular in the govt. polls.......

And if I put down Auckland Outer you might think I like eating KFC in Hoi-Sin sauce whilst wearing cowboy boots and riding in a Sooboroo, or that I want to live on the Shore.....no way Jose......
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

Inner and Outer Auckland are confusing. I presume outer Auckland includes the North Shore , which perhaps should have its own category.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 8:09 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

I love where I am, closely followed by Nelson
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 9:28 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

As NZ *surely* stops at the Bombays then please be more specific...........I'll don my safety helmet.....

Didn't say which way...........
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 11:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

On the one hand I'd put Rodney if it was on the list, on the other I don't want to entice too many people here, having previously been 'told off' for singing the areas praises
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 11:14 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
On the one hand I'd put Rodney if it was on the list, on the other I don't want to entice too many people here, having previously been 'told off' for singing the areas praises
yes the Rodney Police are watching you lady.....
BTW the Manly place was good - they have a brand new menu, and we were the very first ever with the Banquet for Two (last night)- but something did not agree with MrsL's IBS.....odd that Thai curry never does it for her........but an Indian can?
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 11:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
yes the Rodney Police are watching you lady.....
BTW the Manly place was good - they have a brand new menu, and we were the first with the Banquet for Two - but something did not agree with MrsL's IBS.....odd that Thai curry never does it for her........but an Indian can?
I'm keeping stum!

Poor Mrs L, have had that happen to me in the past too. Had to give Indian food up for a number of years until IBS disappeared. It could be the ghee in Indian food that does it rather than anything to do with spices. We love the Thai at Manly but usually get a takeaway rather than eat in.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 11:18 pm

That's why I didn't put it due to your earlier ticking off!! It'll be Outer Auckland so there!
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 11:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
That's why I didn't put it due to your earlier ticking off!! It'll be Outer Auckland so there!
I've voted as instructed
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 11:41 pm
you dewty owld maan!

I've voted as instructed
ditto
Old Apr 24th 2009, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Hawkes Bay!
Old Apr 24th 2009, 1:49 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: If You Could Live In Any Area of NZ?

I'd live over in Napier (Hawkes Bay). It's just a really nice place aesthetically, made better by the fact that so many other first generation immigrants live there . The weather is nice due to the sheltering effect of having mountain ranges between it and the west coast.

Someone from Havelock North told me the other day that they won't go shopping in Napier. I can only assume it's because they don't need reminding of the, frankly depressing, inadequacy of their own township?
Old Apr 24th 2009, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I'd live over in Napier (Hawkes Bay). It's just a really nice place aesthetically, made better by the fact that so many other first generation immigrants live there . The weather is nice due to the sheltering effect of having mountain ranges between it and the west coast.

Someone from Havelock North told me the other day that they won't go shopping in Napier. I can only assume it's because they don't need reminding of the, frankly depressing, inadequacy of their own township?
I'm counting Napier/Hastings/Hawkes Bay as East Cape for the record! Like I said I'm limited on the number of options. Beginning to think I should have done a NI and a SI poll separate - jeez, you people ...

Plus as a mere mod I can not edit a poll!!! Sorry!
Old Apr 24th 2009, 2:36 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Excuses, excuses .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.