Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

If not NZ, then where would you settle????

If not NZ, then where would you settle????

Old Oct 31st 2009, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Tranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If not NZ, then where would you settle????

I was watching that "Beachcomber Cottage" series on the telly box, about the guy with the limitless budget who goes to live in the middle of nowhere in Scotland - looked like Heaven to me! Bloody shame really - would've been a heck of a lot cheaper to have emigrated to Scotland eh? (Note to self: RESEARCH!!!!)
Old Oct 31st 2009, 9:02 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tranmere Rover
I was watching that "Beachcomber Cottage" series on the telly box, about the guy with the limitless budget who goes to live in the middle of nowhere in Scotland - looked like Heaven to me! Bloody shame really - would've been a heck of a lot cheaper to have emigrated to Scotland eh? (Note to self: RESEARCH!!!!)
Agreed lovely country.....but remember the downsides......when the midges decide that the only few months that are not white are fun times to make peoples life so bad that they need to stay indoors...then the reason why Whisky was invented there....it's so cold in the other 8 months that you have to add it to your porridge/tea/coffee and gargle with it after you clean your teeth before you dare open the front door!
Old Oct 31st 2009, 9:57 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Never met the swarms of NZ sandflies then Spring, Summer and Autumn no matter what the weather.
No wonder folks got rat faced from their home made stills.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 10:09 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

If for some reason I had to leave NZ then I'd probably return to the UK. Closer to family and easier and cheaper to travel elsewhere in the world. I'd most likely be looking at returning to the North East I think or maybe the Lakes
Anyway no plans to leave NZ so far, very happy here
Old Oct 31st 2009, 10:47 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Never met the swarms of NZ sandflies then Spring, Summer and Autumn no matter what the weather.
No wonder folks got rat faced from their home made stills.
Suppose Scotland has a plus then it's so cold you usually keep your coat on so the midges do not have it easy!
Old Oct 31st 2009, 9:31 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Trouble with Scotland it's full of Scottish! and no way on earth would I want to live in the middle if nowhere it's too quiet where I live!