Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

If not New Zealand then where?

If not New Zealand then where?

Old Nov 12th 2006, 7:43 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If not New Zealand then where?

Originally Posted by Maz
I'll have to add more later - please do remind me otherwise I *will* forget (brain like a sieve, I swear). I have a lunch date with my daughter right now, then am going out with hubby to see Borat thisi afternoon. Catch you later, and don't let me forget.
How did it go?
Old Nov 12th 2006, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
Does doesnt it?

But its not. I hope
Ditto!!!!

Maybe the two of us could go into therapy together!

Old Nov 12th 2006, 11:49 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paladin
Ditto!!!!

Maybe the two of us could go into therapy together!

Wibble

Old Nov 12th 2006, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Wibble

Just the thought of it is scary LOLOL!

:scared:
Old Nov 12th 2006, 12:48 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

How did it go?
I'm still chuckling over it! Not gut-wrenchingly funny, but I was laughing every minute or so. A good time.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 12:50 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Maz
I'm still chuckling over it! Not gut-wrenchingly funny, but I was laughing every minute or so. A good time.
Im going this evening

Anyway back to Lot
Old Nov 12th 2006, 1:10 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Im going this evening

Anyway back to Lot
Excellent! Enjoy it, and get ready to cringe and nearly puke during the hotel fight scene. LOL

Yes, OK back to the Lot-et-Garonne. It's easy to see why this part of France used to belong to the Brits. It's very reminiscent of south-west England, I think, with the rolling countryside. In winter you might get a sharp frost, but that's it. When I lived there , the locals were saying the last time they remembered having snow was 9 years previously. Not bad!

In summer, though, be prepared... in Villeneuve-sur-Lot the roads would start melting. Dump trucks full of gravel would just start going slowly along the back roads, in the middle, gradually emptying their loads onto the soft road. Then cars would go over the gravel and push it into the road. But at least it's easily bearable. There's NO humidity, it's wonderful!

As you might know, there's a sizeable Algerian population in France. In Villeneuve our next-door neighbours were from Algeria, and one day we were awoken to them running around our garden, very agitated indeed. Their goat that they were about to slaughter had got free and bolted for our house. LOL!! Fun times.

More later. Let me know if there are specifics... still recommend Monflanquin. Or Pujols. We had a view of Pujols castle (built by the Brits, naturally) from our balcony. Quite stunning!

Have to run out now... remind me again later, OK?
Old Nov 12th 2006, 2:07 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Maz
Excellent! Enjoy it, and get ready to cringe and nearly puke during the hotel fight scene. LOL

Yes, OK back to the Lot-et-Garonne. It's easy to see why this part of France used to belong to the Brits. It's very reminiscent of south-west England, I think, with the rolling countryside. In winter you might get a sharp frost, but that's it. When I lived there , the locals were saying the last time they remembered having snow was 9 years previously. Not bad!

In summer, though, be prepared... in Villeneuve-sur-Lot the roads would start melting. Dump trucks full of gravel would just start going slowly along the back roads, in the middle, gradually emptying their loads onto the soft road. Then cars would go over the gravel and push it into the road. But at least it's easily bearable. There's NO humidity, it's wonderful!

As you might know, there's a sizeable Algerian population in France. In Villeneuve our next-door neighbours were from Algeria, and one day we were awoken to them running around our garden, very agitated indeed. Their goat that they were about to slaughter had got free and bolted for our house. LOL!! Fun times.

More later. Let me know if there are specifics... still recommend Monflanquin. Or Pujols. We had a view of Pujols castle (built by the Brits, naturally) from our balcony. Quite stunning!

Have to run out now... remind me again later, OK?
Cheers Maz