Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

If not New Zealand then where?

If not New Zealand then where?

Old Nov 11th 2006, 7:03 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If not New Zealand then where?

Originally Posted by Rascal
Kids eh?
I have 2 of them.

But my problem is my parents. Who'd have 'em

Old Nov 11th 2006, 3:53 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Rascal, why would you go to Oz if your kiddo is in NZ?
Old Nov 11th 2006, 4:19 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and Jack, followed that link. Yes, just go ahead and buy a chateau in southern France.
Old Nov 11th 2006, 4:31 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Oh, and Jack, followed that link. Yes, just go ahead and buy a chateau in southern France.
A bit of work and I reckon it would scrub up well
Old Nov 11th 2006, 4:46 pm
Maz

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
A bit of work and I reckon it would scrub up well
LOL! I used to live in SW France - in the Aveyron and then in Lot-et-Garonne - feel free to ask me questions about it if you're serious about moving to froggyland. I also lived up near Paris when I was working (EuroDismal ).
Old Nov 11th 2006, 5:02 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Maz
LOL! I used to live in SW France - in the Aveyron and then in Lot-et-Garonne - feel free to ask me questions about it if you're serious about moving to froggyland. I also lived up near Paris when I was working (EuroDismal ).
OK

Tell me everything you know about Lot-et-Garonne

I have been trying to get my folks to buy a place there for a couple of years. But no they wont listen to me.

The climate looks similar to NZ. Is it?

Cheers love
Old Nov 11th 2006, 5:14 pm
Maz

OK

Tell me everything you know about Lot-et-Garonne

I have been trying to get my folks to buy a place there for a couple of years. But no they wont listen to me.

The climate looks similar to NZ. Is it?

Cheers love
Everything I know might take a while, love.

I lived in a small village called Monflanquin. It's a bastide village, very very beautiful, and on a small hill. Quite chilly in winter due to elevation, but absolutely gorgeous. The countryside is lovely, green rolling hills, though none of them very big at all. It's 16km into the nearest 'big' town, Villeneuve-sur-Lot, where I also lived after Monflanquin. Villeneuve's population is about 25,000. Monflanquin was just a couple of thousand. It's often billed as one of the most beautiful villages in France, and with good reason: Link to Google iimages.

I lived on the main square, and if I'd had the money to remain there, would have done so. I didn't think I had it in me to live in a small village, being a suburban girl at heart, but I could have done there. Just enough small cafes and bars, and a couple of nice restaurants, and I was set. The village also organised many a social evening, cooking chickens in a big fire pit in the main square, holding social evenings in the art gallery, and putting on plays in the storey above the main square, accessible by pull-down ladders from street-level only.

Can you tell I rather fell in love with this place?

I'll have to add more later - please do remind me otherwise I *will* forget (brain like a sieve, I swear). I have a lunch date with my daughter right now, then am going out with hubby to see Borat thisi afternoon. Catch you later, and don't let me forget.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Rascal, why would you go to Oz if your kiddo is in NZ?
Coz he is a big kiddo now.
All of us (inc big boy) want to be in OZ but eldest wants to sit his degree here first, he is happy to remain in NZ and hop over to OZ in hols for time being.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 1:03 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

No not desperate but I have used to have a farely interesting life. Full of danger, fun and wild parties (well not really but it sounds good ).

I think I just want a change and some adventure. Looked at the Caribean, Bermuda, Fiji, Oz, Canada, US but they wouldnt have me, I have no skills just the gift of the gab and a sense of fun.

Sounds like a mid life crisis to me
Old Nov 12th 2006, 1:50 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Everything I know might take a while, love.

I lived in a small village called Monflanquin. It's a bastide village, very very beautiful, and on a small hill. )
OOoo Maz one of my Dh closest friends lives very near there - Montagnac Sur Lede. It is stunning around there - we've been laods of times to stay with him.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 2:03 am
Maz

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
OOoo Maz one of my Dh closest friends lives very near there - Montagnac Sur Lede. It is stunning around there - we've been laods of times to stay with him.
I'm racking my brain... I know I've been there. Never came across an ugly village there. It's just SUCH a beautiful area! Helps to be bilingual, too.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 2:30 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
I'm racking my brain... I know I've been there. Never came across an ugly village there. It's just SUCH a beautiful area! Helps to be bilingual, too.
Its tiny! It's where the locals think Rupert Murdoch lives cos his wife is there! Our friend lives outside the village in the middle of the country - you're right - one of the mist lovely places.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by islandmom
dont need skills - its not like qualifying for a visa in Oz or NZ. you can start up a business out here, thats what gets you in,

click on this:
http://www.svgnipi.com/

it costs £1200 EC$ to set up your bsuiness here on any of the islands and where you go depends on what you do. Bequia is very busy and has lots of little businesses for example. You wouldnt want to live on the mainland of St Vincent though!
My sister was married on Bequia - apparently the first European couple to do so - back in the early 90's.

I went on holiday to St Vincent in the late 80's - found the 200acre tourist resort surrounded by double lines of security fencing and a security checkpoint somewhat disturbing, especially when there were families living in converted shipping containers in the port - and how do they manage to send their bare-footed children to church on Sunday in brilliant white dresses, etc !!!
Old Nov 12th 2006, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
My sister was married on Bequia - apparently the first European couple to do so - back in the early 90's.

I went on holiday to St Vincent in the late 80's - found the 200acre tourist resort surrounded by double lines of security fencing and a security checkpoint somewhat disturbing, especially when there were families living in converted shipping containers in the port - and how do they manage to send their bare-footed children to church on Sunday in brilliant white dresses, etc !!!
Sorry... for St Vincent, read St Lucia ....
Old Nov 12th 2006, 7:42 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Kate2112
Sounds like a mid life crisis to me
Does doesnt it?

But its not. I hope

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.