Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

If not New Zealand then where?

If not New Zealand then where?

Old Nov 9th 2006, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of
Default Re: If not New Zealand then where?

Originally Posted by islandmom
sorry Jack - thread totally hijacked but maybe my subtle plan of gettin more people out here might be working....

I'm off to feed my kids - they're pityfully looking at me!
Thx for all the yummy info!!!

Dave
Old Nov 9th 2006, 5:44 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

We thought about the highlands of Scotland or one of the Islands - but we couldnt afford it!
Old Nov 9th 2006, 5:52 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
We thought about the highlands of Scotland or one of the Islands - but we couldnt afford it!
I thought the Scottish Islands were cheap or did you want to buy one?

Old Nov 9th 2006, 6:00 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
I thought the Scottish Islands were cheap or did you want to buy one?

no!! Houses are massively expensive! We wanted to go to Islay and on the rare occasion a house comes up for sale it goes for silly money. Its a victim of the holiday home thing its stunningly beautiful.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 6:02 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

no!! Houses are massively expensive! We wanted to go to Islay and on the rare occasion a house comes up for sale it goes for silly money. Its a victim of the holiday home thing its stunningly beautiful.
I seriously did think it would be cheap. Dont know why I just did
Old Nov 9th 2006, 6:07 pm
A land far far away

I'm sure some are, but not what we looked at - maybe some are cheaper if there arent many jobs around? I dunno!
But when we looked into it it was a real no go. We used to rent a house from a friend who lived on Islay and go there pretty much every summer.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 6:43 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

how about Mull?
me former boss built a bungalow there for reasonable money - bit too out of the way for me but whatever floats your boat.......prices are going up mind --- all that tele-working I suppose
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:11 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

A Canadian friend of mine lived on Grand Cayman for 7 years. She left voluntarily when she got engaged and she and her new fiance started looking for jobs in the US. She worked for the Westin resort and had a whale of a time. She left right before the big hurricane struck...
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:13 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Maz
She left right before the big hurricane struck...
I dont think you should try and blame your friend for the Hurricane. Surely it wasnt her fault

Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:17 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think you should try and blame your friend for the Hurricane. Surely it wasnt her fault

Old Nov 9th 2006, 8:19 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Maz
Love the reply thingy. I want one
Old Nov 9th 2006, 8:23 pm
Maz

Love the reply thingy. I want one
I go to some other forums where they have a few more than 14 emotes... think more along the lines of a few hundred, and no limit on how many you can put in a post.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 8:25 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
I go to some other forums where they have a few more than 14 emotes... think more along the lines of a few hundred, and no limit on how many you can put in a post.
yep we've asked the <<<<<<< MODS >>>>>>>> for more before and our request was met with.......

stony silence
Old Nov 9th 2006, 8:27 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by lardyl
yep we've asked the <<<<<<< MODS >>>>>>>> for more before and our request was met with.......

stony silence
Well get a petition going then

Im going to PM the Admin. Right now

Back soon with an answer
Old Nov 9th 2006, 8:27 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

So if you are too old, too ugly or just plain undesirable for New Zealand then where else would/have you considered?
Possibly anywhere that's not Cornwall?

We can get in to NZ coz sensibly hooked up with Kiwi - don't speak any other languages well enough, and nowhere else would have us?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.