Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

If my neighbours .....

If my neighbours .....

Old Dec 10th 2006, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Default If my neighbours .....

... were mysteriously hurt just as I left the country for a new life, do you think it would seem suspicious ????

ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHH I am sooooo peeved with them!

Sorry just had to get it off my chest ....

Michelle & Carl

PS: I hope no-one has neighbours like mine, and if you do - OMFG how do you cope ?!
Old Dec 10th 2006, 3:27 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If my neighbours .....

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
... were mysteriously hurt just as I left the country for a new life, do you think it would seem suspicious ????

ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHH I am sooooo peeved with them!

Michelle & Carl

PS: I hope no-one has neighbours like mine, and if you do - OMFG how do you cope ?!

What they done hun?

G x
Old Dec 10th 2006, 3:29 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Michelle & Carl

Hee hee... the next-door neighbours we used to have were real prizes. They were 100% trailer trash. Dad was an "odd job man" (read: layabout) and was missing several teeth. Mum was a stripper. LOL! They had 5 teenagers. All in a 3-bedroom house. Unfortunately we were in England when they got evicted for non-payment of rent.

The latest people to own that house are Russian. And the husband is, I kid you not, a nuclear physicist.

It can improve!
Old Dec 10th 2006, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

This will be a long moan sorry!

Well .... they're classed as (by me!) as 40 something wannabe CHAVS !!! They have 4 kids aged 10-18 living at home, and to be honest the 10 yr old is the oldest mentally!

They used to take pi$$ by playing music loud until 11pm, which is when I thought you couldn't report it before .... so for 18 months we put up with this every weekend (Fri & Sat) !! then someone kindly informed us that you can now report them at ANY time night or day, and gave me the number for night noise at our local authority! We had banged every night on their doors to turn music down but they never ever heard us Resulting in my kids waking and not being able to settle them down for a) Beautiful South, b) Joy division, c) Coldplay (like them but not at 11pm) d) Eminem - grrrrrrr

Anyhoo, I reported them in July and they were livid when they got their warning letter of action if I had to report it once more! Peace for 4 months until last night!!!!!!

The 18 year old had his rap crap booming through our walls from 7pm - hubby went round at 7.30pm and politely asked him to turn it down - he did after apologising! 7.35pm it was cranked back up!!! I was livid and was pounding the door down in the bitter winds and freezing winds for nearly 10 mins before giving up and going in! I reported them again this time I still have my nuisance report sheets () so he advised me to fill them in and send them back!!!!

SHE came round this morning asking if there was a party next door while they (40-something CHAVS) were out ..... WTF ?????????? so I politely said 'Disco? are you having a laugh, I've reported it again - oh and your dogs for howling all night to the music!' she stomped off effing ang jeffing on the street saying there was no music on at all blah blah blah .. balls !!!!

So for about 20 mins we were exchanging words and she THREATENED me if they took any stuff out of her house ... I asked if she was threatening me and warned her not to!! Hehe. We offered them a deal, I wouldn't send forms in if they agreed to keep the music down where it wasn't disturbing me and my family ... they told us to F***off !!! Charming lol She was told I was not backing down to her and I wasn't afraid of her like the rest of the street ... her face was a picture !!! 'Bulldog chewing a wasp' comes to mind!

anyway she was taking me round in circles so I just said i wasn't arguing about it and being called a liar, and certainly wasn't explaining myself to them came in and shut (slammed) front door and all i could hear was 'Oh F*** Off in then bitch' !!!!!

Phew, that was loooong !! Oh and she screamed at her 16 & 18 yr old to get their stuff packed and get out of her f***ing house while she was on the street (her 18 yr old is in attic room !!!!) then looked at me and asked if I was satisfied that she'd thrown her kids out over nothing !?!?! WTF again !!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrr - so would it be suspicious in your eyes ??????

Michelle & Carl

PS: LOL at the trailer trash - my neighbours are better dressed trailer trash
Old Dec 10th 2006, 3:49 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey - they sound awful!!!!!!!!! YIKES :scared:
Old Dec 10th 2006, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yeah and I have to sell my house too !!!! I don't envy those thats buying it shall leave them an apologetic letter when we leave and include the number for Night Noise

M xx
Old Dec 10th 2006, 3:58 pm
Banned

Yeah and I have to sell my house too !!!! I don't envy those thats buying it shall leave them an apologetic letter when we leave and include the number for Night Noise

M xx

Hun you may know this - but if you have had disputes with your neighbours you have to put this down on the forms when the conveyancing goes through

Gx
Old Dec 10th 2006, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by andy&georgina
Hun you may know this - but if you have had disputes with your neighbours you have to put this down on the forms when the conveyancing goes through

Gx
This has never been asked nor on the forms before

Oh well I'll just 'tell' them I have sent the forms off as no action can be taken without those hehe they know I've filled them out cause I asked if she would like a copy to show her what her kids get up to when she's out

M xx

PS: I'll ask the officer when he calls me
Old Dec 10th 2006, 4:54 pm
Banned

This has never been asked nor on the forms before

Oh well I'll just 'tell' them I have sent the forms off as no action can be taken without those hehe they know I've filled them out cause I asked if she would like a copy to show her what her kids get up to when she's out

M xx

PS: I'll ask the officer when he calls me

Yes - on the conveyancing forms when we sold our house over a year ago - there is a section to put down any disputes you have with your neighbours!!

Just thought I would let you know hun...

Hopefully they will calm down for you & not keep you up with music !!

G
Old Dec 10th 2006, 7:02 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy&georgina
Yes - on the conveyancing forms when we sold our house over a year ago - there is a section to put down any disputes you have with your neighbours!!

Just thought I would let you know hun...

Hopefully they will calm down for you & not keep you up with music !!

G
Put it down that there was a difference in "Artistic Opinion"
Old Dec 10th 2006, 7:17 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by thebears

Very good!
Old Dec 10th 2006, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by thebears
Nice one Will do !!!

All has been very quiet from next door ... I could hear a gnat farting in here now! Not a single peep Looks like I don't need any action, the threat was enough ... either that or it's the calm before the storm

Michelle & Carl
Old Dec 11th 2006, 2:19 pm
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

Michelle & Carl

Having had a period of living next to some neighbours from hell, I sympathize with you. Hope you get to escape from them soon. It's 14 years since we moved away from ours but I still can remember the full horror of living next door to them. They nearly drove me to murder & I'm normally fairly easy going. Loud music & doing DIY until 3am on a regular basis used to drive me insane.
Hope your peace continues until you've sold & moved out.
Good luck
Annie