Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

If ever a reason to leave the UK...

If ever a reason to leave the UK...

Old Sep 28th 2008, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Angry If ever a reason to leave the UK...

I've been on the phone to my mum, my dad is in hospital

He was at a bonfire, enjoying a drink with some mates when some little ba$tard thought it would be funny to push my dad onto a LIT bonfire!!!!!

Yes you read right, some little 17-18 yr old who had gatecrashed, pushed my dad face first, from behind, into a bonfire - he is in hospital with burns.

He won't press charges for fear of repurcussion - what makes it worse.... this ba$tards parents have been friends of my family since I was a baby!!!!! We KNOW the kid who did it!

WTF does someone do that for? It's attempted murder for god sake!!!!! He knew it wouldn't be pretty before he pushed, it's not like punching him in the face... he could have DIED!!!!

I am heartbroken.. I can't go back! I would do something I would NEVER regret to him but I fear I would have my residency revoked for my actions.

I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy...
Old Sep 28th 2008, 10:59 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: If ever a reason to leave the UK...

Oh my God Michelle, I am so sorry to hear this. What an awful thing to happen. I just can't understand why anyone would do something like that - it beggars belief.

I hope your Dad recovers quickly and your mum - she must have been in immense shock too.

Huge cyber hugs my friend.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

CCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud of

OMG Michelle thats absolutely disgusting. I wish your dad a speedy recovery, you must be absolutely heartbroken. I just dont know what to say about the little sh*t who did that, I'm lost for words. Carol.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

What can I say that is so awful I hope he makes a speedy recovery. I know how you feel you just want to put your arms around him. What is this world coming to.
Just out of curiosity where in the UK do you come from not that it matters because bad things are happening all over. Just wondered.

June

Last edited by Margaret Parkinson; Sep 28th 2008 at 11:06 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold

OMG Michelle, Thats disgusting!! My heart really goes out to you...Its horrible when something happens to the family and you are so far away..

((((((BIGHUGS))))))))
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou. I just keep bursting into tears. I'm supposed to be doing my assignment but I can't concentrate. I don't want my kids to know neither so I'm having to try and put a brave face on for their sakes. They don't need to know things like that happen.

It happened in Blackburn, Lancashire, Margaret. It was bad before we left and it's just getting progressively worse! I have pleaded with my mum to get all my family away from the area.. it's getting so bad now!
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:33 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Michelle - that's awful. Your poor Dad Hope he's better soon.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl View Post
Thankyou. I just keep bursting into tears. I'm supposed to be doing my assignment but I can't concentrate. I don't want my kids to know neither so I'm having to try and put a brave face on for their sakes. They don't need to know things like that happen.

It happened in Blackburn, Lancashire, Margaret. It was bad before we left and it's just getting progressively worse! I have pleaded with my mum to get all my family away from the area.. it's getting so bad now!
I used to love to go to Blackburn they had a good market don't go anymore though.

You must worry about them a lot have they been to visit you?

June
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CCGM.IN.NZ View Post
OMG Michelle thats absolutely disgusting. I wish your dad a speedy recovery, you must be absolutely heartbroken. I just dont know what to say about the little sh*t who did that, I'm lost for words. Carol.

So sorry to hear about your Dad's attack. We wish him well and a speedy recovery. I am sure like me the thought of capital punishment is the second thing you think about after our primary thoughts of best wishes to your Dad.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson View Post
I used to love to go to Blackburn they had a good market don't go anymore though.

June
It did. So you know what it's becoming then...

Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
So sorry to hear about your Dad's attack. We wish him well and a speedy recovery. I am sure like me the thought of capital punishment is the second thing you think about after our primary thoughts of best wishes to your Dad.
It was! And that's why I can't go back.. I don't think I'd be able to stop myself and losing my PR is not worth the revenge on the scumbag. I'm a firm believer that everything comes full circle, I'll have my day
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry, how rude! Thankyou for your kind wishes x
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

Maz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud of

OMG so sorry Michelle, I'll ring you later in week. Loads of hugs coming your way.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Maz. It means a lot x
Old Sep 29th 2008, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

Sorry for your troubles. What makes matters worse, he's probably in the Royal Blackburn Hospital!! It was my previous employer before moving out, the worse NHS trust I worked for. My best wishes for his recovery.

I'm assuming it was alcohol related being a party. Unfortunately, through my expriences at either NHS or ACH here, you will always have humans harm other humans through jaded decisions with alcohol/drugs.

Last edited by owen; Sep 29th 2008 at 12:08 am. Reason: spelling
Old Sep 29th 2008, 12:06 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

This is absolutely appalling. So sorry to hear this & wish your Father a speedy recovery. Bugger the assignment for now, you're obviously in no fit state to do it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.