IELTS in The USA

Old Jun 10th 2009, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

marie22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS in The USA

Hi Folks,
Is anyone about to take or has anyone taken the IELTS in the USA? I know it should be the same but any tips welcome. As a Brit I hope they will accept Brit spelling over US spelling. I am booked to do it in DC.

Many thanks,
Marie
Old Jun 10th 2009, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

lyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nice
Default Re: IELTS in The USA

Hi Marie,

Sorry I can not help with your question about IELTS being the same in USA as Britain but I am a bit confused as to why you would need to do one of these tests if you are British

Maybe I am reading more into your post than I should and if so I apologise
Old Jun 10th 2009, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lyndanchris
Hi Marie,

Sorry I can not help with your question about IELTS being the same in USA as Britain but I am a bit confused as to why you would need to do one of these tests if you are British

Maybe I am reading more into your post than I should and if so I apologise
Hi,
The new rules for nurses to work in NZ require all applying for registration to take IELTS even if you are born in UK and English is your first language.
We live in Virginia at the moment as OH is working here. I go back to UK every 3 months or so to work.

Regards,
Marie
Old Jun 10th 2009, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

lyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nice

Hi Marie,

Sorry I didn't mean to pry. I have not heard of that rule and logically it sounds absurd if you can prove that your first language is english and that you were born in the UK.

It makes you wonder who makes up these rules or is it that they just want more money out of you.

Anyway I wish you Good Luck and hope that someone comes along who will be able to help you.

Regards

Lynda
Old Jun 10th 2009, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lyndanchris
Hi Marie,

Sorry I didn't mean to pry. I have not heard of that rule and logically it sounds absurd if you can prove that your first language is english and that you were born in the UK.

It makes you wonder who makes up these rules or is it that they just want more money out of you.

Anyway I wish you Good Luck and hope that someone comes along who will be able to help you.

Regards

Lynda

Hi Lynda,

I know it sounds mad but I can understand it in a way. Thanks for the support.

Marie