Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

ICT Systems Administrator / ICT Support

ICT Systems Administrator / ICT Support

Old Nov 28th 2009, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold
Default ICT Systems Administrator / ICT Support

Anyone work in Auckland in the IT Systems Administrator / IT Support areas at the moment? If so, whats the job market like over there currently?

I've seen a few jobs on seek but I was wondering if there are other IT job sites people use etc?

Thx!

Andy
Old Nov 28th 2009, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really nice
Default Re: ICT Systems Administrator / ICT Support

Seek is about the best IT job seach tool -problem is job agencies will always go for the local candiate as this gives them the best chance of placing someone quickly and scoring the commision.

Try looking at the job postings at IT companies web sites or approach them directly. NZ has most of the blue chip big players plus some NZ only companies.

I'll PM you with a contact.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

I used Seek to ascertain all the IT Recruitment companies, then contacted them directly. For me they were much more helpful when i rang them from the UK a few times and had a chat rather than working via email. I particularly found 'Candle' very good.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Thx guys, much appriciated!

Hows the job market over there at the moment if you don't mind me asking? How long did it take u guys to find your first job and were companies willing to go the work permit route if thats the way you went?

Thx again!
Old Nov 29th 2009, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

ukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really nice

I believe, like everywhere else in the world, its been slow but now showing signs of picking up again.