British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   I won't miss football (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/i-wont-miss-football-392396/)

waynepfry Aug 23rd 2006 11:24 pm

I won't miss football

Wrexham 4 - 1 Sheffield Wednesday. What a reason to move to a country where football isn't a major sport. I love my team but living at the other side of the world isn't such a bad thing when you see scores like that. I'm going to buy a reversable All Blacks/Lions rugger top and I'll never watch a game where my team loses again! Last two days at work now and then I've got two whole weeks off befoe I start again. I've got loads of stuff to do but feeling incredibly lazy and even turning up to work feels like a chore at the moment. Anyhow flying out on Sunday and managed to get an apartment with a balcony complete with see-through panels. A real bonus for a bloke with vertigo! In Central Auckland for four weeks then moving to the suburbs. Can't wait to get out there out now and will be looking for a place close to the beach ASAP. We've got the flights booked, insurance etc- just hope there isn't anything we've overlooked. By the way we booked our flights with a guy called Chris Harrioson from the Flight Centre in London and apparantly (they are on Ozzie copmany) all their staff fly Singapore. Best airline for customer service and not expensive compared to the rest. Bloody hell war and peace sized post! Glad I didn't write it on paper or else I'd have killed a rainforest, a tide of indigenous inidands and a roaming family of tamarin monkeys. Time for bed I think and another glorius day at work (only two to go!)

StevieB Aug 23rd 2006 11:34 pm

Re: I won't miss football

Originally Posted by waynepfry
Wrexham 4 - 1 Sheffield Wednesday. What a reason to move to a country where football isn't a major sport. I love my team but living at the other side of the world isn't such a bad thing when you see scores like that. I'm going to buy a reversable All Blacks/Lions rugger top and I'll never watch a game where my team loses again! Last two days at work now and then I've got two whole weeks off befoe I start again. I've got loads of stuff to do but feeling incredibly lazy and even turning up to work feels like a chore at the moment. Anyhow flying out on Sunday and managed to get an apartment with a balcony complete with see-through panels. A real bonus for a bloke with vertigo! In Central Auckland for four weeks then moving to the suburbs. Can't wait to get out there out now and will be looking for a place close to the beach ASAP. We've got the flights booked, insurance etc- just hope there isn't anything we've overlooked. By the way we booked our flights with a guy called Chris Harrioson from the Flight Centre in London and apparantly (they are on Ozzie copmany) all their staff fly Singapore. Best airline for customer service and not expensive compared to the rest. Bloody hell war and peace sized post! Glad I didn't write it on paper or else I'd have killed a rainforest, a tide of indigenous inidands and a roaming family of tamarin monkeys. Time for bed I think and another glorius day at work (only two to go!)

Can't wait to be in the same position as you mate, have a great trip. You stopping over anywhere?

danny.f Aug 23rd 2006 11:39 pm

No way-once a footy fan-always a footy fan. The fire will never die,it may dim from time to time-a bit like my brain-but it will never die.Sheff Wed fans have had it worse than most,but you'll still look out for the scores.
We will always have something to talk about. Yes we can pick up other sports,but for Gods sake-we've known nothing different for 30 odd years man!!
You're going soon,first thing I'll be doind every Sunday morning is asking you how you feel,bloody Rotherham etc.
Even people who hate the game have a club to hate-it's religion. Nothing less.
No I'm not busy. All kids are asleep-we've just had chinese during NHS time-screw em. Couple of my meds are a little late-but they'll get them soon enough. Can't help them if we're not fed. Ungrateful little bastards.
Anyway-footy rules-Sheff Wed will never die. Hopefully Danny Wilson will though!!!

waynepfry Aug 23rd 2006 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by StevieB
Can't wait to be in the same position as you mate, have a great trip. You stopping over anywhere?

Singapore...couldn't face a day's trip with three kids. Meant to be a fantastic place to go - got a zoo, cheap shopping and exquisite food. Bit like Blackpool really!

waynepfry Aug 23rd 2006 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by danny.f
No way-once a footy fan-always a footy fan. The fire will never die,it may dim from time to time-a bit like my brain-but it will never die.Sheff Wed fans have had it worse than most,but you'll still look out for the scores.
We will always have something to talk about. Yes we can pick up other sports,but for Gods sake-we've known nothing different for 30 odd years man!!
You're going soon,first thing I'll be doind every Sunday morning is asking you how you feel,bloody Rotherham etc.
Even people who hate the game have a club to hate-it's religion. Nothing less.
No I'm not busy. All kids are asleep-we've just had chinese during NHS time-screw em. Couple of my meds are a little late-but they'll get them soon enough. Can't help them if we're not fed. Ungrateful little bastards.
Anyway-footy rules-Sheff Wed will never die. Hopefully Danny Wilson will though!!!

What have you got against Danny Wilson?

I love football and I'm sure I'll miss it. Hoping I'll Get citizenship NZ and then I can play for the national team. I used to play in the Unibond League so I must stand a chance surely! Hope so as I've no chance of being a rugger bugger being a scrawny short-ass*d little runt that I am. By the way we've sold our house and staying at some friends up the street. They're from Wellington and here for two years. They swear they're going back even though they like it over here. The keyboard I'm using is from NZ and the @ sign is also no.2 on the keyboard and takes ome finding when you're e-mailing - causes all types of problems I can tell you! Anyhow Dannyf Chelsea lost tonight so some hope for Liverpool and good luck to 'em!

kwprwn Aug 23rd 2006 11:58 pm

Wrexham Lost 4 -1 nnow thats not a surprise...I originate from wrexham and they have had more than their fair ashare of shit the last couple of years....I am in auckland too :D its nice here

danny.f Aug 24th 2006 12:02 am

What have you got against Danny Wilson?

I love football and I'm sure I'll miss it. Hoping I'll Get citizenship NZ and then I can play for the national team. I used to play in the Unibond League so I must stand a chance surely! Hope so as I've no chance of being a rugger bugger being a scrawny short-ass*d little runt that I am. By the way we've sold our house and staying at some friends up the street. They're from Wellington and here for two years. They swear they're going back even though they like it over here. The keyboard I'm using is from NZ and the @ sign is also no.2 on the keyboard and takes ome finding when you're e-mailing - causes all types of problems I can tell you! Anyhow Dannyf Chelsea lost tonight so some hope for Liverpool and good luck to 'em!

Iknow-just seen it-Morinho said it was a fluke,cheeky get.My mate played in the Unibond-Eddie Hussin-capt of Marine-now at Alty.Where d'ya -play? Might've been a player meself if it wasnt for me glands!! Fat tw*t!!

waynepfry Aug 24th 2006 12:05 am

Originally Posted by kwprwn
Wrexham Lost 4 -1 nnow thats not a surprise...I originate from wrexham and they have had more than their fair ashare of shit the last couple of years....I am in auckland too :D its nice here

No - Wrexham won 4-1. That's why I can't wait to get out of here! I live in the midst of Leeds fans and you can't believe the flack I'll get tomorrow. Karma for you if you support Wrexham - you'll get more if you give us a striker!!!!!

Winnie Aug 24th 2006 12:09 am

You can never forget the footie! We got sky just so we wouldn't miss it, nothing else to get sky for though, what a load of c**p!
And aint we glad we got it........we watched our gods Man Utd win 5-1 in their first game, then 3-0 this morning. Go united! Hehe, and Chelsea lost!

danny.f Aug 24th 2006 12:11 am

Originally Posted by Winnie
You can never forget the footie! We got sky just so we wouldn't miss it, nothing else to get sky for though, what a load of c**p!
And aint we glad we got it........we watched our gods Man Utd win 5-1 in their first game, then 3-0 this morning. Go united! Hehe, and Chelsea lost!

Jesus,thought you were normal. Buggered that thought up. Incidentally-where are you from?

waynepfry Aug 24th 2006 12:11 am

Iknow-just seen it-Morinho said it was a fluke,cheeky get.My mate played in the Unibond-Eddie Hussin-capt of Marine-now at Alty.Where d'ya -play? Might've been a player meself if it wasnt for me glands!! Fat tw*t!!

It's always a fluke against Chelsea! (Apparantly). I played for Matlock - not the greatest achievement in the world but no chance of playing now - watcinig the game on telly is good enough for me. (Or bad enough on tonight's performance). Bring on the rugger!

Winnie Aug 24th 2006 12:13 am

Jesus,thought you were normal. Buggered that thought up. Incidentally-where are you from?

Me normal? Where did you get that idea from? I'm from Halifax........nobody's normal there!

danny.f Aug 24th 2006 12:15 am

Originally Posted by Winnie
Me normal? Where did you get that idea from? I'm from Halifax........nobody's normal there!

Being a Man U fan-I knew you were'nt from Manchester-should've known it was Halifax-spoke to Kev today.

danny.f Aug 24th 2006 12:16 am

It's always a fluke against Chelsea! (Apparantly). I played for Matlock - not the greatest achievement in the world but no chance of playing now - watcinig the game on telly is good enough for me. (Or bad enough on tonight's performance). Bring on the rugger!

What about cricket? Bloody love it,if England come out who do we support?

Winnie Aug 24th 2006 12:19 am

Being a Man U fan-I knew you were'nt from Manchester-should've known it was Halifax-spoke to Kev today.

How are Kev and Mel? Had a few txts of her but still waiting for her to get her email sorted. God I miss her, nows she's definately not normal! :rolleyes: