Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I wonder who I'll see at The Roundabout in Tawa tonight?

I wonder who I'll see at The Roundabout in Tawa tonight?

Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:44 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I wonder who I'll see at The Roundabout in Tawa tonight?

Originally Posted by Maz
Just musing to myself, is all.
Before I read all the replies, I had visions of you passing a roundabout in your car on your way home and various BE members performing odd tricks or waving as you went by, almost royally so ...

I get it now ...
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:13 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Before I read all the replies, I had visions of you passing a roundabout in your car on your way home and various BE members performing odd tricks or waving as you went by, almost royally so ...

I get it now ...
You crack me up, C!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:20 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ted Logan
shame it's in Tawa.

Well I suppose thats two good things about Tawa than besides the piddling pool
Oi! It also has a scout club!! (again with the Lynn of Tawa jokes...)

Actually the food at the Roundabout is quite yummy. I had nice fish there recently. The only funny thing was that they ran out of diet coke and had to nip over to BP across the road.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:11 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

shame it's in Tawa.

Well I suppose thats two good things about Tawa than besides the piddling pool

Oi! Tawa's ace.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 2:09 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Phil had a good ole steak when we ate there. Lauren had fish & chips. I had potato wedges.

Sounds promising. I'll try and drag Melanie away from her work for an hour or two tomorrow.
8:30ish?
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:02 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobClubley
Sounds promising. I'll try and drag Melanie away from her work for an hour or two tomorrow.
8:30ish?
Excellent! They start at 8. I might break down and go after all. It's such a nice relaxing evening. Watch out... dinner seems to be well and truly over and done with before 9.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:04 am
Happy in Wellington

Typical NZ eating establishment then! Thanks for the warning!

Did I tell you about the curry house we went to on a Friday night in Rotorua?

It was 8:30 and they were closing because they'd had four customers and had run out of food!!!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:14 am
Maz

Typical NZ eating establishment then! Thanks for the warning!

Did I tell you about the curry house we went to on a Friday night in Rotorua?

It was 8:30 and they were closing because they'd had four customers and had run out of food!!!
Now why does that not surprise me?

A couple of months ago I went to the Crow's Nest with karonious for a drink. It was a Friday or Saturday evening. They shut the main bar at, what, 9 pm, I think? There was no-one else there. There was a very tiny handful of people in the restaurant part. Brits outnumbered Kiwis...

It was a beautiful weekend evening, lovely to sit outside, couldn't fathom it.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:23 am
Happy in Wellington

Maybe they wanted to get home and have a beer.

We stayed at a great little motel in Cape Foulwind, and the pub next door was ace.
The landlord introduced himself when we walked in, shook our hands and asked our names.
Despite getting more and more plastered on his own whisky throughout the night he never failed to get our names right.

They stayed open late, but we had to get to bed 'cos of a super-early start for the ferry.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:49 am
Maz

Maybe they wanted to get home and have a beer.

We stayed at a great little motel in Cape Foulwind, and the pub next door was ace.
The landlord introduced himself when we walked in, shook our hands and asked our names.
Despite getting more and more plastered on his own whisky throughout the night he never failed to get our names right.

They stayed open late, but we had to get to bed 'cos of a super-early start for the ferry.
Brilliant!

Love the name of the place, Cape Foulwind. Did it live up to its name?
Old Mar 26th 2008, 4:25 am
Happy in Wellington

Originally Posted by Maz
Brilliant!

Love the name of the place, Cape Foulwind. Did it live up to its name?
Well I think I let one go under the duvet but I wouldn't describe it as foul
Old Mar 26th 2008, 5:38 am
Maz

Well I think I let one go under the duvet but I wouldn't describe it as foul
TMI! TMI! TMI!

ewwwwww
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:46 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Oi! Tawa's ace.
No offence Rob, just Tawa is a bit far out for us to have a quiet drink. Too many chances of being pulled over on the way back.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 5:32 pm
Happy in Wellington

No offence Rob, just Tawa is a bit far out for us to have a quiet drink. Too many chances of being pulled over on the way back.
None taken
Old Mar 27th 2008, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

No problem if you don't drink Ted You can be the designated driver and me and Kerry can get drunk ... on second thoughts:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.