Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

"I wish I had brought..."

"I wish I had brought..."

Old Jun 22nd 2011, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

florabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond repute
Default "I wish I had brought..."

Hello ~ I'm curious if anyone has really regretted not bringing something from the UK when they made the move? About to start on the clearout before getting removal quotes and would like to learn from your experiences. (Bringing furniture and contents of sheds & workshop!!)
Thanks
Flora
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of
Default Re: "I wish I had brought..."

Originally Posted by florabundi
Hello ~ I'm curious if anyone has really regretted not bringing something from the UK when they made the move? About to start on the clearout before getting removal quotes and would like to learn from your experiences. (Bringing furniture and contents of sheds & workshop!!)
Thanks
Flora
hi when we moved to nz in 07, we had a full 20ft container, with just about every thing, before we came back end of 07 (could not sell house in uk )
we sold a few things but hopefully we are coming back end of this year early next, will only bring tools personnel things and just a few house hold items works out at about 600cuft and then buy the rest in nz with cost of shipping i think it works out about the same but its made for nz
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Flora
All my Lloyd loom stuff as the shipper was talking bollocks about it being not allowed. I also wish I had cleaned my carpet cleaners and bought them. I had 2, they were so dirty I thought I could not get them up to MaF standards. I also wish I had bought a case of my fave Amora French mustard that you buy in Calais for one pound for 1kg!!
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

florabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Have just given away a lovely Lloyd loom chair ~ should have posted this question last week!!!
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Have just given away a lovely Lloyd loom chair ~ should have posted this question last week!!!
BTW I would check out and see what your shippers say. That was over 6 years ago. I am not sure if they were right or wrong. All I know is that others told me at the time that Lloyd loom was okay. Maybe look at the MaF website.

Would you like an argument about something? I have not had a good row for about 14 hours on BE.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

A Sierra Cosworth.. Just found out people pay a fortune for them here!...

Or in general, any old car.... They love them here eh..
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Flora
I really regret not bringing all my tools, I had all my mechanics, joinery ant auto spark tools in the UK and gave them all away before I left and arrived here and realised I had nothing, so had to go out and start buying cheap screwdrivers and such .............

Ohhh and my dog, wish i had brought her with me but was advised by the vet not to fly her over
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Wessa
A Sierra Cosworth.. Just found out people pay a fortune for them here!...

Or in general, any old car.... They love them here eh..
I saw a 4 door one with a boot the other day rather than the 2 door sexy one for a cool $15k on trademe.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

our long sliding ladders, lawn mower, various tools.... i dont know what we were thinking giving them away.
probably that we would be renting for the forseeable future, but now we're home owners, we need all that stuff!
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Debbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud of

Chose not to bring our petrol driven lawnmower. To much heartache getting it clean enough for MAF and it would have been awkward to ship something with a fuel tank. Although I'm sure plenty have & been ok. A higher value vehicle (motor bike/car etc) would have been worth it, but ours wasn't ! Even though we are renting we still have to take care of the garden as part of the lease. Fortunately our landlord agreed to cut the grass for us.

Last edited by Debbie2NZ; Jun 22nd 2011 at 9:59 pm. Reason: Needed to correct what I typed
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

My mum and grandmother
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 2:16 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish I hadn't brought my husband ...
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I wish I hadn't brought my husband ...
Oh but he's funny
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 6:14 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I wish I could have brought over my Bourke's Parakeets coz I loved them so but it wasn't & isn't allowed.
No help, I know.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 6:52 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point

A whole heap of decorative wedding presents, my bakeware, my cake decorating bits and bobs, the pressure cooker, my guitar (hubby went out and bought me a new one when he realised just how much I was missing strumming around and singing my head off ), oh and a return flight ticket rather than one way

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.