Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I want this house!

I want this house!

Old Feb 27th 2007, 1:38 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Talking I want this house!

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!!!!

I e-mailed the agent... a mere $650K to $800K. And it's just across the street from a couple of our regulars on here, how bizarre!

*sigh*... maybe I'll win the lottery tonight!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I want this house!

Originally Posted by Maz
Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!!!!

I e-mailed the agent... a mere $650K to $800K. And it's just across the street from a couple of our regulars on here, how bizarre!

*sigh*... maybe I'll win the lottery tonight!
Blimey - I recognise that house!!!!!!
Before anyone thinks we're loaded - it's opposite our rental - but you can see by the views why we've decided to stay in the area
I hope they're not moving because of us - we've been really well behaved since we arrived!

Last edited by donnaf; Feb 27th 2007 at 2:03 am. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:11 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donnaf
Blimey - I recognise that house!!!!!!
Before anyone thinks we're loaded - it's opposite our rental - but you can see by the views why we've decided to stay in the area
I hope they're not moving because of us - we've been really well behaved since we arrived!
Thought you might recognise it. I showed it to hubby and he nearly had a fit when I told him how much it is. I'm sure you've been absolute angels.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Danny said he had his first hangover yesterday (I think he forgot about the one after the bbq) so we've definitely been good!
It is a fab house, bigger than this one which has 4 bedrooms and it has better views than ours because it is slightly further down the street so doesn't have another section next to it. This is a nice little estate which seems to be developing rapidly but everytime we tell anyone we live in Aotea they say "oh, very nice" and words to that effect so I think most of the houses must be quite pricey here! The only downside is that it is a very new estate so no "community" feel to it yet but I'm sure that will change.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:29 am
Maz

Danny said he had his first hangover yesterday (I think he forgot about the one after the bbq) so we've definitely been good!
It is a fab house, bigger than this one which has 4 bedrooms and it has better views than ours because it is slightly further down the street so doesn't have another section next to it. This is a nice little estate which seems to be developing rapidly but everytime we tell anyone we live in Aotea they say "oh, very nice" and words to that effect so I think most of the houses must be quite pricey here! The only downside is that it is a very new estate so no "community" feel to it yet but I'm sure that will change.
Know how much a similar house would be with a similar view on the California coast? US$2M+. Minimum. Crazy huh? That's about NZ$3M and over. NZ$800K seems like a drop in the ocean.

Hang on, he's only had 2 hangovers since moving? He's definitely not trying hard enough... I'll give him a run for his money in April.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maz
Know how much a similar house would be with a similar view on the California coast? US$2M+. Minimum. Crazy huh? That's about NZ$3M and over. NZ$800K seems like a drop in the ocean.

Hang on, he's only had 2 hangovers since moving? He's definitely not trying hard enough... I'll give him a run for his money in April.
That is crazy!!!! I feel very lucky

Danny definitely needs a drinking buddy, he will be counting the days until April
How are your plans going - is everything booked and sorted out?
Old Feb 27th 2007, 3:04 am
Maz

That is crazy!!!! I feel very lucky

Danny definitely needs a drinking buddy, he will be counting the days until April
How are your plans going - is everything booked and sorted out?
Drinking buddy? Uh oh! I need to drink less... she says, quietly polishing off a bottle of white wine.

Everything's booked and sorted and mostly paid for. We arrive in Welly on 4th April, after 2 nights in AKL and the 12-hour train journey down the NI, and stay overnight there (Welly). Then hire a car and we're out to the Kapiti Coast for 4 nights, then back in Welly for the 9th to the 12th. Then we head up via my mate's house at a vineyard outside Masterton on to AKL for our return on the 20th.

Last edited by Maz; Feb 27th 2007 at 3:05 am. Reason: can't spell "car"...
Old Feb 27th 2007, 4:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Sounds lovely, we look forward to seeing you at the Easter egg hunt and if you have time while in Welly you could maybe come for dinner / drinks / coffee or a combination of the above?
Old Feb 27th 2007, 4:49 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

It looks fantastic Maz . It does look a bit leaky building style except that it has a nice top hat on and is brand new so can't be can it.

I don't like the windows
They also look a bit bare on the outside to me, like they need some nice feature sills or something.

The kitchen is absolutely to die for!

And five bedrooms!

I like a nice wood burner with a wetback I must admit so the heat pumps just would put me off. And the can lights in the ceilings are supposed to be very environmentally unfriendly and I like a nice friendly light shade anyways to make a house more homely.

Now I've picked it to pieces ........

........I can't afford it anyways

Last edited by sky; Feb 27th 2007 at 4:52 am.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 6:55 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Get two of them. Mere snip at that price
Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

get 32 of these!!

http://www.realestate.co.nz/453393?max_price=50000
Old Feb 27th 2007, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

DiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mickey_d
Hilarious!

Cant believe the agent actually says "Worst house we have seen in a long time." Brilliant!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 1:07 pm
Maz

Sounds lovely, we look forward to seeing you at the Easter egg hunt and if you have time while in Welly you could maybe come for dinner / drinks / coffee or a combination of the above?
We would love to! Thanks so much for the invitation! I need to start collecting names, addresses and phone numbers. We're going to rent a mobile at AKL to keep in touch, not bringing the laptop with us.

@ Sky - yep it looks a little bare doesn't it?

Mickey_d, that's brilliant! I particularly liked this quote from the short write-up: "two minutes walk or stagger"
Old Feb 27th 2007, 7:47 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it'd be nice as a bach?
Old Feb 28th 2007, 5:54 pm
within Touching distance

GowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to all

This is my current favourite...not sure how much it is though. I am sure that it is way out of my price range though!

http://www.open2view.com/Property/146581

Apart from the lack of garden (with the beach that close, I could cope) it is just fantastic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.