Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I say sack the stylist ...

I say sack the stylist ...

Old Apr 2nd 2014, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default I say sack the stylist ...

Just browsing around looking for somewhere to go shopping for some new Autumn / Winter threads and I give up - FFS I could cry, look what we're faced with:

http://www.jeanjones.co.nz/

I really don't wanna pay $189 for a stretchy 'spandex' psychadelic tunic and I am totally bit over it with regards hit and miss sizing of shopping online from M&S and the likes, so any ideas please where do you ladies go to shop.
Attached Thumbnails I say sack the stylist ...-wembley_dress_model__20074_1395010609_1000_1280.jpg  
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 11:24 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I say sack the stylist ...

I hate the materials clothes are often made from here - nasty stuff that looks just a lurid pattern away from sport gear.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 4:36 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

that's a bit nasty Bo! I'm not even going to click on that link after seeing that. My eyes might explode, who wears stuff like that

Must admit I buy very few clothes ever and even fewer in NZ. Just stocked up on shoes and clothing during my 3month stint working in the UK.
Sorry, that's not really the answer you were looking for.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

It can be hard to replace the old favourites - in fact it can be blooming hard and take a years before you settle into a style that suits and where you can actually get it from. I know that for years, Mrs B wouldn't touch Farmers clothing section with a bargepole, but has said recently that it has changed for the better markedly in the last few years? We're fortune to have a megamall within 10mins drive and it has a few shops that she likes - even if the prices aren't exactly at the lower end - Max & Country Rd for example, but also a reasonable K-Mart for on-trend stuff that will probably only be worn for a year or two.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 7:37 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Must admit, Farmers do do good work trousers. I need smart but extremely hard wearing-capable of being washed often, being climbed up and put up with me kneeling and crawling on the floor a lot! They seem to last for about two years of that which is good going given my job.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

I've occasionally been lucky with Ezybuy (non-flammable materials!) and they also sell NEXT clothes. If you don't have a store near you, they do mail order/online.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

Christmas2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hahahaha! I know exactly what you mean!
I know ordering online isn't great but next would be my favorite, not expensive and the sizing isn't too bad, order lager rather than smaller.
It's free delivery too but not sure about returns.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
My eyes might explode, who wears stuff like that
There's a heck of a lot of it about and sadly it doesn't seem to be a fad that is going away. I went to have a look in Ballentynes 'Fashion Central' today - all the racks of lurid nylon made my skin crawl and my eyes they were hurting.