Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I need some help please

I need some help please

Old May 22nd 2005, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Dave the Rave will become famous soon enoughDave the Rave will become famous soon enough
Default I need some help please

Hi, I'm Dave and this is my first time here. There's so many messages it's hard to know where to start.
I'm into extreme sports and it's been my dream to emigrate to NZ for a long time. I've looked at the immigration website and I think I qualify but I'm going to delay a bit till I've visited. Is there anywhere you'd recommend for Zorbing & Blowing other than Q'stown?

Nice one
Dave
Old May 22nd 2005, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all
Default Re: I need some help please

Originally Posted by Dave the Rave
Hi, I'm Dave and this is my first time here. There's so many messages it's hard to know where to start.
I'm into extreme sports and it's been my dream to emigrate to NZ for a long time. I've looked at the immigration website and I think I qualify but I'm going to delay a bit till I've visited. Is there anywhere you'd recommend for Zorbing & Blowing other than Q'stown?

Nice one
Dave
Hi Dave

WELCOME too. Rotorua and the Bay of Plenty has heaps to do. We have a Zorb. Havea look at www.agrodome.co.nz and you'll see all they have to offer. Taupo also has river jetboats - they take you up to the beautiful Huka Falls, and there is also Bungy etc there too.

Hope this helps - look forward to seeing you in other threads.
Old May 22nd 2005, 10:54 pm
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one
Dave

Is 'blowing' the one where there is a huge fan and you sort of fly (like a freefall skydiver) in the updraught?? Or is it that odd toy football game with straws and a pithball?

Regards
Old May 23rd 2005, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Dave the Rave will become famous soon enoughDave the Rave will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sunshine_and_rain
Hi Dave

WELCOME too. Rotorua and the Bay of Plenty has heaps to do. We have a Zorb. Havea look at www.agrodome.co.nz and you'll see all they have to offer. Taupo also has river jetboats - they take you up to the beautiful Huka Falls, and there is also Bungy etc there too.

Hope this helps - look forward to seeing you in other threads.
Rotorua looks cool - plenty going on!
Nice one S&R
Old May 23rd 2005, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sega Mad
Is 'blowing' the one where there is a huge fan and you sort of fly (like a freefall skydiver) in the updraught?? Or is it that odd toy football game with straws and a pithball?

Regards
Blowing is so cool and it's new - basically it's like bungee but with a power pack on your back for extra speed - Awesome!
Old May 23rd 2005, 2:34 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Blowing is so cool and it's new - basically it's like bungee but with a power pack on your back for extra speed - Awesome!
Might just give that one a miss methinks!!!
Old May 23rd 2005, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Are you quite sane!!
I get vertigo coming down the open starcase at Waterstone's, I have to use the lift.
:scared: KAZ
Old May 23rd 2005, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kaz Hen
Are you quite sane!!
I get vertigo coming down the open starcase at Waterstone's, I have to use the lift.
:scared: KAZ
You realy should try it mind blowing - hence the name! You have special goggles to keep your eyes in place & most people are sick and can't stand up right for about an hour. Wicked!
Old May 23rd 2005, 4:37 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

You realy should try it mind blowing - hence the name! You have special goggles to keep your eyes in place & most people are sick and can't stand up right for about an hour. Wicked!
Obviously mad as a brush! :scared:
Old May 23rd 2005, 4:46 pm
Life begins...

80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Might just give that one a miss methinks!!!
I'll give it a miss too, although I do occasionally like a dose of white knuckle. Dying to give zorbing a go though. I'll put it on the list of one of the things to do before I'm 40. Good to see you Pinkie.
Old May 23rd 2005, 6:09 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 80s Chick
I do occasionally like a dose of white knuckle.
Too much info in a family forum?
Old May 23rd 2005, 6:17 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Don
:scared:
Instant Karma!
Old May 23rd 2005, 8:12 pm
Life begins...

80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Don

Don, please,behave yourself
Old May 23rd 2005, 9:46 pm
enilorac

think I'd probably need a change of underwear to go with those goggles Dave...I'm with Pinkie and 80s chick on this one...

you're mad you are.... but we like you I think....