Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I Miss the clubs and festivals

I Miss the clubs and festivals

Old Apr 22nd 2017, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of
Default I Miss the clubs and festivals

I'm loving life in New Zealand and to be honest theres not much more one could ask for in terms of lifestyle but as a 28 year old man i feel like i'm missing out on the exciting nightlife that is happening in pretty much every city around the world apart from the South Island. I miss the house music scene which seems pretty non existant here and sick of going to so called clubs that play a dance track, then a rnb track, then dub step etc. Playing all mixed up music like that to people who go to a club primarily for the music doesn't work as by trying to appeal to everyone they end up appealing to noone as they have no specific style. Back home different clubs have different styles and different types of crowds who it appeals to. Anyway this is just a bit of a rant as i had a mate going to see Carl Cox last night in Auckalnd and a few other big acts and i'm just getting frustrated on missing out down here, like seeing all these festivals, clubs and events all over the world pumping and having none of that here lol
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 11:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I Miss the clubs and festivals

If you think of UK as "back home" you will eventually go back there !
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Clappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddy234
I'm loving life in New Zealand and to be honest theres not much more one could ask for in terms of lifestyle but as a 28 year old man i feel like i'm missing out on the exciting nightlife that is happening in pretty much every city around the world apart from the South Island. I miss the house music scene which seems pretty non existant here and sick of going to so called clubs that play a dance track, then a rnb track, then dub step etc. Playing all mixed up music like that to people who go to a club primarily for the music doesn't work as by trying to appeal to everyone they end up appealing to noone as they have no specific style. Back home different clubs have different styles and different types of crowds who it appeals to. Anyway this is just a bit of a rant as i had a mate going to see Carl Cox last night in Auckalnd and a few other big acts and i'm just getting frustrated on missing out down here, like seeing all these festivals, clubs and events all over the world pumping and having none of that here lol
I wouldn't worry about it.

You are 28 now so will very soon be too old to go to that type of club.

(It happens to all of us )
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Clappy
I wouldn't worry about it.

You are 28 now so will very soon be too old to go to that type of club.

(It happens to all of us )
Haha a good few years in me yet.... Well until the kids come where the money goes in one hand and out the other into a sinkhole lol
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

NZ does get to you after a while, it starts to feel like life in a nursing home where nothing much happens.

Now we're back in the UK I've loved having access again to busy cities, bustling nightlife, packed pubs, noisy football grounds, gigs and music but still having easy access to mile after mile of empty countyside, hills and forests.

58 days until Glastonbury, I'll be thinking about you!!!!
Old May 1st 2017, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

Or maybe have your own event. My sons are constantly going to some music fest of another out here in rural south island NZ, there is always some big party or another going on around here. You may be onto a winner if you manage your own event ... just get in touch with someone with a big field, hire the music and away you go.