Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I know similar has been posted on here before

I know similar has been posted on here before

Old Nov 13th 2005, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Mark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really nice
Smile I know similar has been posted on here before

BUT YAHOO!!

We got our Visas approved, it's only taken us about 15 bloody painstaking months.
Had to go through hell with health checks and police checks.
Who cares now!
Got the phone call on Friday 11th to say "approved in principle" - wonder how long now then till we get passports back with the Visas? Told me about 4/5 more weeks!! We want to go before Xmas despite flights being very pricey that period.
Also would love to go via Perth to visit family enroute over Xmas. Will this be poss?
Can now actually start thinking about property in earnest, looking to rent for at least 6 months. Look out Napier......

Stand by for lots more naive, simple, boring and plain stupid questions about our plans!!!
Old Nov 13th 2005, 12:58 pm
Citizenships collector...

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I know similar has been posted on here before

Originally Posted by Mark & Sarah
BUT YAHOO!!

We got our Visas approved, it's only taken us about 15 bloody painstaking months.
Who cares now!
Got the phone call on Friday 11th to say "approved in principle" - wonder how long now then till we get passports back with the Visas? Told me about 4/5 more weeks!! We want to go before Xmas despite flights being very pricey that period.
Also would love to go via Perth to visit family enroute over Xmas. Will this be poss?
Can now actually start thinking about property in earnest, looking to rent for at least 6 months. Look out Napier......

Stand by for lots more naive, simple, boring and plain stupid questions about our plans!!!
Hi M&S,

Congrats on the visa, very happy for you (especially cos I know you had a bit of waiting with the meds). No worries bout the questions, thats what most of us do here

For the passports, I had been told 4 weeks but just waited one and picked it up at NZ House.

Enjoy the feeling and all the best,

Jen
Old Nov 13th 2005, 1:39 pm
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point

BUT YAHOO!!

Who cares now!

Congratulation!!!

You must be feeling great.

have a bottle of Champers.......

you deserve it!
Old Nov 13th 2005, 5:16 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Well done
Old Nov 13th 2005, 5:40 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

BUT YAHOO!!

Who cares now!

Brilliant news, well done!
Old Nov 13th 2005, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

BUT YAHOO!!

Who cares now!

Fantastic news, all the best
Old Nov 13th 2005, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

chez is an unknown quantity at this point

BUT YAHOO!!

Who cares now!

it took you that time to do your paperwork!!. It took us 24 MONTHS from the start to the visas in the back of our passports!!
Old Nov 13th 2005, 10:07 pm
K9s
Forum Regular

K9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really nice

Mark and Sarah

Very Well Done

K9
Old Nov 13th 2005, 11:27 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Yes. Total congratulations. Its such a relief when you get that visa in your passport.
Exciting times ahead for you then. Hope it all goes your way.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Mark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really nice
Smile Re: I know similar has been posted on here before

WOW, thanks for the thanks guys. We are really upto our ears now sorting out flights asap,we want to go via Perth before Xmas, staying with family til about 4/01/06. Is this possible? Anyone any idea as who best to go with considering there is this big stop in Perth and noone flys to Auk via Perth, or do they?
Prices are MAD this time of year too!!
Looking at approx £4k for 4 of us one way - please tell me there are less expensive ways.
I have not ruled out putting the kids in with the furniture and having a stress free 2 weeks in Perth. :scared:

Its a great feeling running round trying to sort these flights out.
Given 4 weeks notice at work and just given notice to leave this rented dump.

Off to the big city,Manchester,(I hate seeing those 2 words together, should only be United and Manchester that goes together!!) to see if I can blag some cheaper deals before going to see the worlds best band,New Order, for one last time.
Might be a bit of involved too. Now where did I put those pesky kids......
Old Nov 14th 2005, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

JoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant future

:scared: :scared: just bought my tickets, going via LA. No, I don't really think that your tickets could be any cheaper! We paid £2090 for the pair of us. We are leaving the kids behind but will really miss them, especially our eldest (she really does need a lot of attention at the mo). We are aiming to fly out 9th January with bike in a bike bag! Hope we don't exceed the limit. £90 excess per suitcase!

Still working on the timeline, but not having much success!

Joanna
Old Nov 14th 2005, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

JoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant future

looking forward to seeing Auckland and Hamilton though!
Old Nov 15th 2005, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JoannaD
looking forward to seeing Auckland and Hamilton though!

Good luck!
Think our £600 to Perth and then separate flight to Auk at £270 is looking our best bet.
Might even take the kids now....
Old Nov 15th 2005, 12:41 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Excellent i bet you have butterflys now!
Old Nov 15th 2005, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pompey_Paul
Excellent i bet you have butterflys now!
Absolutely right!!
All along friends have been saying...."ooooooh aren't you scared......??" and I've said no, just excited!!
Now I've actually booked the flights today I am scared witless at the amount of stuff I still need to do!!
20th Dec to Perth
2nd Jan to Auk.....
Drive down to Napier.....no idea where abouts to head for???