Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I know I'm a pest......

I know I'm a pest......

Old Dec 16th 2005, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

JoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant future
Default I know I'm a pest......

I know I keep on asking questions, but do I need to bring a copy of my medical file to NZ with me???? I took a look at the wallet in the Doctors. It looked a little full Even though my other half hasn't really been much to the docs, his looked the same!!!

Joanna
Old Dec 16th 2005, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I know I'm a pest......

Originally Posted by JoannaD
I know I keep on asking questions, but do I need to bring a copy of my medical file to NZ with me???? I took a look at the wallet in the Doctors. It looked a little full Even though my other half hasn't really been much to the docs, his looked the same!!!

Joanna
we brought ours with us and the GP's seemed quite surprised - it costs to get them - I had a fairly average size file for a woman who's had 2 kids - cost me £50 and mine was the most expensive. With hindisght I would have definately bought the kids still but not sure about ours.
Vicki
Old Dec 16th 2005, 9:36 pm
livewire

Certainly a print out of any immunisations you or the kids have had would be useful. If you can get medical records bring them with you, easier than trying to get them sent over if you should need them

Old Dec 17th 2005, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Ask as many questions as you need to!! Plenty of us around to answer them for you.

I just went to the receptionist at the Doctors Surgery/Medical Centre in UK and said I was emigrating and needed a medical summary for my partner and myself. She was able to print them straight off from the computer, she did need to get them signed by a GP thought to say that they were correct. I never had to pay for them and they were 2 pages of A4 each. Easy as!! or should I say "Sweet as" now I'm here

My toddler hadnt been ill in UK so I never bothered doing that for him but I did bring over his medical book and the Plunket nurse here has copied all the important information in it over to his new NZ Health Record book.
Old Dec 19th 2005, 11:15 am
Devonport Duffers

Bodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SarahB
Ask as many questions as you need to!! Plenty of us around to answer them for you.
Is there anyway we can use the medicals provided to the NZIS as a baseline for health companies in NZ?