I have a dream

Old Nov 25th 2011, 4:03 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have a dream

Originally Posted by sheene
What is is with New Zealand? Your own people are leaving, there is a massive skills gap in your Hospitals, your Schools etc which are filled with people from the UK. If all the UK born residents left tomorrow, New Zealand would be completely screwed! Yet you have the arrogance to tell them to leave?

Australia is a world apart from NZ in the way it appreciates the skills you can bring. We are treated with respect and dignity here, something which was sorely lacking in NZ and was one of the main reasons for leaving.

You had better wise up NZ - you need people from the UK far more than they need you.
LMAO.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15799571

Two fingers to your Australian utopia.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 4:16 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Catchafire
That is out of order mate.
Tend to agree . OTT & out of place for this light-hearted Friday evening thread. Let's not derail the thread to a snarkfest folks.

I'm rather enjoying the idea of a Tam Pom state. I could have my fixes without travelling across the world. Bit like a Centerparcs break. Would the budget stretch to a pier do you think.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by theghostofdustybin
I have just had a what alcoholics refer to as a moment of clarity.

Lets Buy Tasmania.

Bear with me all will become clear.

The Aussies dont want it.
It already has a climate alot like the UK, but a bit warmer. Ideal for your average pom.
It has a city already.
Build a Marks and Sparks, a Tesco and a Next
Build a couple of pubs out of old stone and stick an old pushbike on the wall with a few hand pull pumps and jar of picked eggs at one side of town.
On the other side build lots of things called bars with shiney stainless steel fittings.
Move the British tabloid press there and a Jaffa Cake factory.
Set up a shop for shoes, coats, tea bags, and vacuums.
Make everyone re take a driving test 17 times until we are happy they can deal with roundabouts. (obviously except us, we are all perfect)
Open a Indian Resturant.
Build a big old castle, then kick it over, so we have something to drag the kids round at the weekend.
Employ full time entertainers to pop by daily to ensure that we dont get bored.

We could even get Tom Baker to work on customs and call it little britain.

Not Britain, but with everything there is in Britain. Perfect.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sheene
better still, leave it exactly as it is, fill it with arrogant arseholes, and call it New Zealand?
OMG Give it a rest. Whats with the character assassination for anyone who doesn't live in Oz or agree with you?

Some of us actually like NZ and enjoy living here.

Last edited by RobDon; Nov 25th 2011 at 4:33 am.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 5:52 am
`

....and back on topic.

One for Stormer....

Dog poo on the pavements and traffic jams ten years long.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 7:23 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
....and back on topic.

One for Stormer....

Dog poo on the pavements and traffic jams ten years long.
Ha ha watching a prog on TV, some areas (Islington, Liverpool) are now policing cig butt dropping in parks and town centers with on the spot fines for offenders.
We are in a big waiting queue for a case officer so that our NZ application can be considered.....imagine how many case officers the UK would need if they adopted the same level of vetting for immigrants.......
Old Nov 25th 2011, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Can we please have some thatched olde chocolate box cottages with hanging baskets and some tea rooms please. I'd also be a lot happier if we had some canals and barges, plus an oast house or two, a brewery with shire horse carts and a Boots chemist.

Ta very muchly

P.S. If you can stretch the budget a model village and a stately home would be quite cool.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BEVS
....and back on topic

Sorry Bevs just sick of all the constant negativity about NZ.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 7:48 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RobDon
I hear you.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 9:04 am
Just Joined

Maynard Friedman is just really niceMaynard Friedman is just really niceMaynard Friedman is just really niceMaynard Friedman is just really niceMaynard Friedman is just really niceMaynard Friedman is just really niceMaynard Friedman is just really niceMaynard Friedman is just really nice

Throw in some Irish theme pubs and a bland high street full of chain stores and eateries - Pret, Eat, Starbucks, Costa, etc all cheek by jowl.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

(recently) I've been dreaming retiring in Tassie...

at least the climate -- Faaaaaaar Better than here in Welly.

Last edited by crap coffee; Nov 25th 2011 at 10:14 am.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 7:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maynard Friedman
a bland high street full of chain stores and eateries - Pret, Eat, Starbucks, Costa, etc all cheek by jowl.
Crikey mate, we have plenty enough of those; Muffin Breaks, Starbucks, Columbus, Gloria Jeans, Costas, McDonalds, Wendys, KFC already thanks very much.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

martyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Can we please have some thatched olde chocolate box cottages with hanging baskets and some tea rooms please. I'd also be a lot happier if we had some canals and barges, plus an oast house or two, a brewery with shire horse carts and a Boots chemist.

Ta very muchly

P.S. If you can stretch the budget a model village and a stately home would be quite cool.
Somerset has all this but thankfully without Australians.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 10:04 pm
`

Originally Posted by RobDon
No worries. I do understand. Thing is , this is an open forum so everyone is entitled to express their views & opinions within the BE rules.
Best thing is to not read the stuff that does yer head in. Ignore it if it doesn't apply to you. Start your own topics about your own 'positive' views and opinions of your NZ life.
If we get positives = to negative experiences and viewpoints then we get balance of sorts. Thing is that's hard to achieve what with people being people.
Old Nov 27th 2011, 10:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by theghostofdustybin
I have just had a what alcoholics refer to as a moment of clarity.

Lets Buy Tasmania.

Bear with me all will become clear.

The Aussies dont want it.
It already has a climate alot like the UK, but a bit warmer. Ideal for your average pom.
It has a city already.
Build a Marks and Sparks, a Tesco and a Next
Build a couple of pubs out of old stone and stick an old pushbike on the wall with a few hand pull pumps and jar of picked eggs at one side of town.
On the other side build lots of things called bars with shiney stainless steel fittings.
Move the British tabloid press there and a Jaffa Cake factory.
Set up a shop for shoes, coats, tea bags, and vacuums.
Make everyone re take a driving test 17 times until we are happy they can deal with roundabouts. (obviously except us, we are all perfect)
Open a Indian Resturant.
Build a big old castle, then kick it over, so we have something to drag the kids round at the weekend.
Employ full time entertainers to pop by daily to ensure that we dont get bored.

We could even get Tom Baker to work on customs and call it little britain.

Not Britain, but with everything there is in Britain. Perfect.
Sounds idyllic to me but could we drag up a bit further north please

Also need a lovely bookshop selling cheap books. I'd prefer Sainsburys over Tesco, ta & another vote for Boots.

I await my invitation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.