Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I hate this sort of day

I hate this sort of day

Old Mar 29th 2007, 4:18 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of
Default Re: I hate this sort of day

Originally Posted by Jude J
No, its getting worse. Just been speaking to hubby, he's scared! He had to turn off the power and is waiting for the insurance accessor to come out, but so are 100's of others. Water now coming in through baby's room. He said he can hear the water in the wall cavities Gutters are fine, it seems to coming from the balcony off our bedroom which is above the hall and baby room.
I want it to stop now! That's enough!!
Oh my god, thats awful Jude, its really worrying isnt it. Its got to ease off at some stage surely.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

No, its getting worse. Just been speaking to hubby, he's scared! He had to turn off the power and is waiting for the insurance accessor to come out, but so are 100's of others. Water now coming in through baby's room. He said he can hear the water in the wall cavities Gutters are fine, it seems to coming from the balcony off our bedroom which is above the hall and baby room.
I want it to stop now! That's enough!!
oh no that you have to wait, what about a tarpaulin over the balcony for now just to redirect it away from the house

good luck in getting it sorted
Old Mar 29th 2007, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Horrah I think it is slowing down!
Hope everyone has nice full water tanks now!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Horrah I think it is slowing down!
Hope everyone has nice full water tanks now!
have sent you an email re leaky balcony
Old Mar 29th 2007, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice

I LOVE RUNNING IN THE RAIN!

Amy and myself just stuck our trainers on and headed down to Long Bay beach in the rain and it was brill! Loads of surfers out in the swell and the odd dog walker. Still so warm out there its unbelievable!!!

Not one whinging pom around!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 8:44 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Hey! I got my picture in the Herald!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10431488

go to the view pictures bit - my feet are there
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pixi-dust

OMG your feet are famous!! Way to go feet!!

Our claim to fame this week is that my OH's picture was on the front page of the Pohutukawa Coast Times.... not as good as your feet though!!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway how the donklets coping? I was wondering about my poor horse earlier, theres no no shelter at all in his field. Tomorrow is supposed to be a better day up here anyway so hopefully he will be fine.

And guess what, our house is leaking in 2 places!!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

But we should now have some water in our tanks!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:17 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Funny, did your hubby get home ok Pixi I was listening to 'The Idge' on the radio this lunch time and they were saying 'they' were evacuating your main town center?
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:33 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

He did Sky, thanks. All but one of the roads were closed that he could use - so it was a big detour but he was fine - and most of his patients had to cancel so he got to leave early. I have never seen rain like it - I think we had 300mm or something since last night!! 2 months rain in a day and a half! thats crazy!
But everyone is still smiling! Bet the plumbers are busy though.

Sarah are your leaks bad or manageable? We have a lot of pans on the floor!

Donkeys came out for a walk about when it went off and they were wet but seemed absolutely fine. Does your hose have a coat on?
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

He did Sky, thanks. All but one of the roads were closed that he could use - so it was a big detour but he was fine - and most of his patients had to cancel so he got to leave early. I have never seen rain like it - I think we had 300mm or something since last night!! 2 months rain in a day and a half! thats crazy!
But everyone is still smiling! Bet the plumbers are busy though.

Sarah are your leaks bad or manageable? We have a lot of pans on the floor!

Donkeys came out for a walk about when it went off and they were wet but seemed absolutely fine. Does your hose have a coat on?
One leak is pretty bad.... its the balcony on the front of the house... OH actually lined it with tarp last week and its coped til early evening and then we noticed it coming down inside the house again. We will have to get it fixed properly at some point. We have lids off the toy boxes on the floor to catch the water.

My horse doesnt have a rug (cover) on... to be honest if I thought it would be this bad I wouldve popped down and put his winter canvas rug on. I'm sure hes fine.... hes a tough standardbred. I'll go make sure hes ok tomorrow.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:46 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

That's good then Pixi .... wonder if the roads will be clear for tomorrow. Is your house on Stilts? Our last one was so flooding never bothered me and where we're going to be building our new house it's so free draining and miles above the sea level apparently that we never would flood (touch wood, fingers crossed)
Old Mar 29th 2007, 7:54 pm
sky
Banned

Lovely and sunny here in Rangiora this morning .... what's it like for you guys ooooop north today?
Old Mar 29th 2007, 8:06 pm
A land far far away

it's glorious! Not a cloud in the sky, everything is drying off nicely - the ground is steaming!

Sky our house isnt on stilts - its just a normal amount off the ground, but we've free draining soil so it does go down really quickly, we were very lucky the water never got near the house. Not like a lot I passed yesterday which had it lapping at their doors