Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I feel quite queezy! Anybody else an emotional wreck out there?

I feel quite queezy! Anybody else an emotional wreck out there?

Old Jan 19th 2008, 2:03 pm
AKA New Nurse

nearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant future
Default I feel quite queezy! Anybody else an emotional wreck out there?

Ok so......I arrived back in dull wet and miserable scotland on monday having spoke with a nurse manager who practically offered me a job on the spot in nz the previous friday (had gone to hospital to get a wee taste of my potential working environment and get my face known). I actually thought she was going to kidnap me and make me start there and then ......I come home and straight away email the lovely recruitment lady who arranged the appointment to say yes, i would gladly take a job off their hands. She hasnt emailed me back!!! I dont want to hound her and keep emailing and appear too keen

Im so excited about moving over there, iv been planning it for about 7 years!! Now im panicing and paranoid that they dont actually want me there I am thinking about nz CONSTANTLY and checking my emails like a lunatic! I feel physically sick & am shaking inside........is this a normal reaction to the waiting process or am I just being over anxious??

How do you stop the brain from spinning???
Old Jan 19th 2008, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I feel quite queezy! Anybody else an emotional wreck out there?

This is entirely normal and par for the course. The phone doesn't ring and the e-mails don't arrive while you are watching so you have to get on with life as normal - something will happen.

Did you e-mail just one person without c.c.ing anyone else? She might be on holiday or sick.

Just chill.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

I am thinking about nz CONSTANTLY and checking my emails like a lunatic!

You and me both

Fingers crossed that it all works out.....................Im sure it will.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 4:01 pm
AKA New Nurse

nearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by littleal View Post
This is entirely normal and par for the course. The phone doesn't ring and the e-mails don't arrive while you are watching so you have to get on with life as normal - something will happen.

Did you e-mail just one person without c.c.ing anyone else? She might be on holiday or sick.

Just chill.
Thanks for the reasurance, its good to know this is normal and im not the only one having a hairy fit!! I didnt expect to feel so anxious before the ball even starts to roll!

Yes it is just the one person iv been dealing with and you are right and i have had the off sick thought, but honestly, how inconsiderate! only joking. iv chilled slightly since the inital post..went for a wee lie down before starting my night shift Gonna spend the evening wishing my life away untill that email arrives!
Old Jan 19th 2008, 4:03 pm
AKA New Nurse

Originally Posted by jill1420 View Post
I am thinking about nz CONSTANTLY and checking my emails like a lunatic!

You and me both

Fingers crossed that it all works out.....................Im sure it will.

that makes two of us in motherwell! I take it you are in motherwell? If you are then im just round the corner

fingers crossed for you too!!
Old Jan 19th 2008, 7:42 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nearly nurse View Post
Ok so......I arrived back in dull wet and miserable scotland on monday having spoke with a nurse manager who practically offered me a job on the spot in nz the previous friday (had gone to hospital to get a wee taste of my potential working environment and get my face known). I actually thought she was going to kidnap me and make me start there and then ......I come home and straight away email the lovely recruitment lady who arranged the appointment to say yes, i would gladly take a job off their hands. She hasnt emailed me back!!! I dont want to hound her and keep emailing and appear too keen

Im so excited about moving over there, iv been planning it for about 7 years!! Now im panicing and paranoid that they dont actually want me there I am thinking about nz CONSTANTLY and checking my emails like a lunatic! I feel physically sick & am shaking inside........is this a normal reaction to the waiting process or am I just being over anxious??

How do you stop the brain from spinning???
one thing to get used to here is a general lack of timely response!!

Dont be afraid to give them a call if you can - give it about 3 days then follow up. She may not have had the email or could be on shiftwork.

fingers crossed for you!!
Old Jan 19th 2008, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nearly nurse View Post
that makes two of us in motherwell! I take it you are in motherwell? If you are then im just round the corner

fingers crossed for you too!!
Cheers! We are in next town. Things a bit up in the air for us just now but will hopefully get there in the end. PM me if I can be of any help.

Jill
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:34 pm
AKA New Nurse

Originally Posted by dreamfish View Post
one thing to get used to here is a general lack of timely response!!

Dont be afraid to give them a call if you can - give it about 3 days then follow up. She may not have had the email or could be on shiftwork.

fingers crossed for you!!
Thanks Dreamfish, those fingers crossed must have done the trick . I phoned her last night after no reply (she didnt recieve the email) and its all good!! Should get the job offer in writting tonight (scotland time) ....its all becoming suddely real ... large Kahlua with baileys on the rocks does the trick though!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:39 pm
AKA New Nurse

Originally Posted by jill1420 View Post
Cheers! We are in next town. Things a bit up in the air for us just now but will hopefully get there in the end. PM me if I can be of any help.

Jill
Hi jill, Hope things are going well and not so up it the air like you said they were the other day. Im in newarthill, mon not technically motherwell. Things are moving on a bit for me finally, spoke to the recruitment lady yesterday and hope to have the job offer by mail tonight!! How far along the process are you? Feel free to PM also. I may hold you to that offer of help