Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I feel crap. Cheer me up

I feel crap. Cheer me up

Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I feel crap. Cheer me up

Originally Posted by Jude J
You have a toyboy, you little minx?

not sure what I would do in the case of a big earthquake, I have a feeling my house would collapse without much effort... so I'm not sure we need a survival pack!! sorry, I suppose I ought to take it seriously sometime.
oh yeas and owen knows about him hes 24 and works for a uk holiday company as a sailing instructor, hes about 6ft 2 blond hair blue eyes...in fact to die for, I declared my undying love for him about 3yrs ago on holiday in Corfu...owen even calls him my toyboy...hes from Hull originally but that doesnt sound half as good as saying he works in Greece does it?

yeah the earthquake thing goes for my house too, all i know is that you are supposed to stand in a door way as they are stronger supports

also have pic of toyboy at home, so could post that if you wanted to see him
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 7:19 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Jack, sorry to hear you're down in the dumps. I can't add much to what's already been said, except to say that you've got to make the decisions for your family the same way as your parents made the decisions for theirs. Most people move away from the area they grew up in at some stage in their lives and often it's the ones who stay the closest that feel the farthest away.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 7:50 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Batty
Jack, sorry to hear you're down in the dumps. I can't add much to what's already been said, except to say that you've got to make the decisions for your family the same way as your parents made the decisions for theirs. Most people move away from the area they grew up in at some stage in their lives and often it's the ones who stay the closest that feel the farthest away.
I agree about moving away at some point. Thing is I joined the Navy at 17 and stayed for 14 years. Now Im back and .......well you know
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 7:56 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
I agree about moving away at some point. Thing is I joined the Navy at 17 and stayed for 14 years. Now Im back and .......well you know
Yeah I do. I was the same. I suppose I'd been back for too long (6 years) and my mum thought we'd never actually go through with it. She wasn't negative about it as such - just little suggestions about moving elsewhere in Ireland. She's great now though - thinks it's brilliant that I'm over here and happy. I do get on a lot better with her now though and can have hour long conversations without wanting to scream
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 8:10 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Well thats it I have booked my FLIGHT
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 10:50 am
Just Joined

jonnytoes is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear your troubles Jack, we had similar situation with wifes parents (we go to Auckland the week after next). They just wouldn't talk to us about going - which I found strange. It sorted itself out - well kind of. The problem isn't with us It'll be hard to leave everyone but just because something is difficult doesn't mean that you shouldn't give it a go and if necessary be prepared to fail.

This made me laugh http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/10/d...port-call.html. Hope you feel better - remember No regrets and Good Luck
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 10:51 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

I wish none in the house :scared:

Parents. They just dont want to talk about us moving or even visiting NZ

Kinda burying their heads and hoping its not going to happen. I asked today if they would look after the kids so that me and the wife can come over and have a look around. In a way we want to come over and find that its NO better or different to the UK and that we dont need to up-root our kids and upset my parents, if you can understand that?

But oh no, our minds are already made up, which they are not! Apparently you can find everything out on the internet (my folks dont have this) that we need to know about NZ. I beg to differ. We want to come over and have a look for our selves without the hassle of the kids so that we can gain as much info as we can without treating it as a holiday.

Anyway I feel better now
Your going along the right way mate. Hope your trip to NZ does give you a good impression.

Kiwi
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 10:57 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Well thats it I have booked my FLIGHT
I thought you booked the other day?

Emirates good choice, don't, ever, fly the (NZ) national carrier.

When I left my mum and friends were happy for me, but when I came back for good (well, to Europe) they all told me how much it had f***ed with their heads (which was quite obvious from the things they were saying to me and the way they were reacting to things I said). Not sure what my point is...

...I'm off for a prawn and avocado sandwich (I only bought one avo because I know it won't be stringy).
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 11:02 am
Account Closed

buy a tent and rough it for 17 days and piss in a bucket
Every Kiwi's dream holiday!

I did this is my own home once when it fell down around me - I had no toilet for 4 months. No floors either, come to think of it. I went to Sainsbury's for the other motion.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 11:03 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jude J
A little tornado would be nice. Nothing too dramatic, but I would love to see one. One day last summer we were at a friends house having a bbq, the clouds that day were particularly amazing, my parents were on hols with us at the time and all of us were looking at the sky. Either later that day or the next day we found out there had been a big water spout thingy out in the gulf, if we had been at ours we probably would have seen it
We dont have a survival pack but shane brought a wind-up radio, which he said would be usefull in an emergency. So we might starve but at least we can do it listening to The Edge or something!
Surely that's The Idge?
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 11:18 am
Account Closed

I thought you were an aircraft engineer? The boyfriend is an aircraft engineer but he trained in the...wait for it...AIR Force.

Curious
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Kerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really nice

Hi Jack

I had the same probs with my parents, its taken 3 years for them to get their heads around us moving and now we plan to move January.

Mum was against us going to begin with (for the first 2 years anyway!) but she said it was purely selfish reasons she wanted us to stay and that we should look forward to a new lifestyle and it would be so much better for the children. Will miss her loads though.

They will come round, eventually

Kerry
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 1:34 pm
Account Closed

eileen35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kerry & Dirk
Hi Jack

I had the same probs with my parents, its taken 3 years for them to get their heads around us moving and now we plan to move January.

Mum was against us going to begin with (for the first 2 years anyway!) but she said it was purely selfish reasons she wanted us to stay and that we should look forward to a new lifestyle and it would be so much better for the children. Will miss her loads though.

They will come round, eventually

Kerry
three years :scared:
my mums face resembles this every time i mention new zealand
ive only started looking into it couple month now,and i think by now she should be at the accepting it stage.
looks like its going to be longer than i first imagined.
good thing is i know its cos she,s sad to see us go.but think she does want us to give kids better outlook than here.
i just wish they could come too
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 1:51 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by mazi
I thought you were an aircraft engineer? The boyfriend is an aircraft engineer but he trained in the...wait for it...AIR Force.

Curious
I was, also used to teach Avionic ect. But that was when I was in the Navy. Its been 6 years now and I am not civilian qualified
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 1:51 pm
Banned

Thanks for all the post guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.