Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I don't enjoy BBQ food.

I don't enjoy BBQ food.

Old Nov 29th 2013, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I don't enjoy BBQ food.

Originally Posted by BEVS
There. I've said it. I don't enjoy BBQ food. I can cope with a couple of skewers or maybe some wrapped fish but the rest - steak - chops - drumsticks etc leaves me uninspired to eat it.

I usually end up with salad and bread.
I don't eat the stuff,, not great for you either. I always stay away from them when friends do bbq party.
Old Nov 30th 2013, 4:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
One thing I hate about Summer, I cannot bear the stench of other people's BBQs with that rancid burning fat smell.
I loathe the sausage sizzle charity ones & have had to cook on them twice now. Smell is bloomin' awful.

It depends on what's being cooked. I make my own burgers or we have fillet steak or tuna.

I love doing fruit parcels on the barbie. They are yum served with vanilla ice cream.
Old Nov 30th 2013, 5:40 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

BBQ'd food...corn on the cob, cheese and chilli melts followed by either fresh snapper or beer can chicken with chilli spice skin rub and banana's baked in their skins all with good fresh salad none in any oils or wrappings or suffering NZ "smoking"

As far as burnt, singed rancid food is concerned a lot of peeps can achieve that on a kitchen stove.... with chips!
Old Nov 30th 2013, 6:57 am
grumpy bugger

theghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond repute

There. I've said it. I don't enjoy BBQ food. I can cope with a couple of skewers or maybe some wrapped fish but the rest - steak - chops - drumsticks etc leaves me uninspired to eat it.

I usually end up with salad and bread.
Isn't that a bit like saying you don't like soup?
Old Nov 30th 2013, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried southern American BBQ
Old Dec 1st 2013, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

marooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Stormer999
BBQ'd food...corn on the cob, cheese and chilli melts followed by either fresh snapper or beer can chicken with chilli spice skin rub and banana's baked in their skins all with good fresh salad none in any oils or wrappings or suffering NZ "smoking"

As far as burnt, singed rancid food is concerned a lot of peeps can achieve that on a kitchen stove.... with chips!
Hey - I like the sound of cheese and chilli melts and beer can chicken - any recipe / description so I can give it a go?

anyone tried cooking their aubergine / eggplant on the barbie to use to make that nice dip with?
Old Dec 1st 2013, 5:06 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/beer_can_chicken/
Yum yum.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1...d-chilli-melts
More yum yum.
Old Dec 1st 2013, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

marooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud of

Excellent - thank you - that's next weekend's cooking sorted!
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedDragon2008
A plateful of that would be one of my top 5 meals ever. Certainly in terms of casual food, possibly at no.1. Every time I see one of those cookery programs that visit (have seen Jamie Oliver and The Fat Bikers do shows from there in recent years), I'm just salivating.
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 1:28 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by RedDragon2008
What is it? How is it different?
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

What a bunch of Southern hemisphere softies BBQ's are the greatest , ribs , wings , steaks , prawns , and the occasional beer chucked in . My record temperature for cooking on the deck is minus 23C , and yes it was fun
Ya POOFS
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

We cook on ours all summer, even our Christmas turkey.
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 2:16 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
What a bunch of Southern hemisphere softies .............................
Ya POOFS
To be fair to everyone else, it is me, that said she doesn't enjoy BBQ food.

and this typically

BBQ's are the greatest , ribs , wings , steaks , prawns , and the occasional beer chucked in
is why.
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

What is it? How is it different?
Sweet and sour smoky marinades
sweetcorn
variety of white meat and fish
Corn bread
More slow cooking rather than burning
Crispy pork on a split
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 4:10 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not keen on the typical BBQ food either. I eat it, but more to soak up the beer
I also don't find the American BBQ food that inspiring so I don't think you're missing out that much BEVS. Just my opinion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.