Reload this Page >

I bought a top loader.

I bought a top loader.

Old Feb 4th 2014, 3:39 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: I bought a top loader.

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
Signature :- Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
Totally off-topicbut may I just say that someone needed to tell my neighbour this a while ago. It was sang to by torchlight and it did not like that anymore than we did.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 3:55 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisamct
Hmm, my manual says nothing about that and I always just chuck the powder in (and wash everything on a cold wash)
Well, if it works for you, no worries
Old Feb 6th 2014, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

sarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond repute

Mine even plays the national anthem like this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov1lknCZF54
Old Feb 6th 2014, 7:57 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

These top loaders seem alot more interesting than my front loader.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 9:37 pm
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

I thought I was going to be getting a review on the new album here.

Surf powder, persil powder, persil liquid pouches, you name it - it's gone in the top loader with a load, result - stains still viewable. I've learned since having a kid that removing stains is nigh on impossible on a top loader. It's either the machine or it's the powder. Then again, we don't get far with removing stains when using stain powder in buckets. Read the label, follow the instructions and nothing happens

Where's the vanish lady when you need her?
Old Feb 6th 2014, 11:07 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tom1983
I thought I was going to be getting a review on the new album here.

Surf powder, persil powder, persil liquid pouches, you name it - it's gone in the top loader with a load, result - stains still viewable. I've learned since having a kid that removing stains is nigh on impossible on a top loader. It's either the machine or it's the powder. Then again, we don't get far with removing stains when using stain powder in buckets. Read the label, follow the instructions and nothing happens

Hi Tom. Have you tried googling the word stain removal? It great. Got rid of lots of different stains off my daughters clothes and bibs.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 11:11 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

One of the things I like about the top loader is that you can always chuck in the sock you missed and only saw after you set the machine going. I'm always finding solo socks after the washing is started.
Old Feb 7th 2014, 5:55 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tom1983
I've learned since having a kid that removing stains is nigh on impossible on a top loader. It's either the machine or it's the powder. Then again, we don't get far with removing stains when using stain powder in buckets. Read the label, follow the instructions and nothing happens

Now, with this I can help (confess to being a teensy weensy bit laundry-obsessive): you need a 'soak' function on your machine. You also need to treat stains as soon as noted, which is where the Kiwi tub comes in handy for sluicing and treating (I use luke warm water to wet and the pink dab on stuff and then rub the offending item lightly). Most stains I treat the night before laundering so the stain remover gets a good go. Next, you need to use an enzyme detergent (I know, it's not as skin or environmentally friendly - I use an enviro detergent for towels & bedding but hate the way everything goes grey and stains are unshiftable with non enzyme ones) and a warm wash with a decent 30 min of soaking. For whites I add a little napisan too, and occasionally do this for light coloureds (I do 'whites', 'light colours', 'sports stuff' [two sport mad folk in this house produce 1-2 sets of smelly, soaking sports gear EVERY freakin' day- more bonus of enzyme wash] and 'dark colours' - since getting the top loader I do towels/flannels on their own for lint reasons). Deep rinse and my final stain/ greying onslaught is decent pegging in the Kiwi sun - undie crotches and any really stubborn stain shadows get pegged to face the sun in the morning and stay there all day. The sun is an excellent bleach. None of our white clothes are grey, and considering I have a husband who regularly goes bush running, cycling, sea swimming and playing tennis, and a teen who rows >5 x a week and runs and cycles, I do a LOT of laundry. Thankfully the other kid and I like our hobbies to be non-sweaty I love laundry - it's my guilty love
Old Feb 9th 2014, 6:44 am
---

I forgot to say that I use half doses of laundry detergents and quarter doses of fabric softener. I think they make all cleaners (including shampoos and body wash) a lot stronger than they need to be so I either dilute or use half dose.
Old Feb 9th 2014, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

dannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond repute

BB you need help! Is there a rehab for laundry addictions?
Old Feb 9th 2014, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Bourbon- Biscuit ..... and do your pegs have to match too?

I also have an absolute laundry obsession but there is no way I will ever convert to a top loader.

Gill
Old Feb 9th 2014, 8:40 am
---

Originally Posted by dannigirl
BB you need help! Is there a rehab for laundry addictions?
Lol, there are worse guilty pleasures!

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Bourbon- Biscuit ..... and do your pegs have to match too?

I also have an absolute laundry obsession but there is no way I will ever convert to a top loader.

Gill
No, no matching pegs here. I also switched to plastic slide on pegs over wooden snap ones - they are much more suited for NZ conditions. My conversion was a necessary adaption and I am proud of how I have coped.
Old Feb 9th 2014, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
I forgot to say that I use half doses of laundry detergents and quarter doses of fabric softener. I think they make all cleaners (including shampoos and body wash) a lot stronger than they need to be so I either dilute or use half dose.
I thought it was just me!
Old Feb 9th 2014, 12:13 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like I'm neglecting my clothing

Everything goes straight in the top loader all together, no fabric conditioner, a cold wash and then out on the line using whichever type of peg is available at the time I think they look ok
Old Feb 9th 2014, 5:24 pm
---

Originally Posted by Persephone
I feel like I'm neglecting my clothing

Everything goes straight in the top loader all together, no fabric conditioner, a cold wash and then out on the line using whichever type of peg is available at the time I think they look ok
I use any type of peg but actual pegging technique is very important. And there's different peggings for summer and not summer, and for the line and the rack. I hate it when my kids peg stuff (i don't tell them) cos they do it all wrong - they do t shirts either at the shoulders or bottom hem and socks by the toes, ffs!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.