Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I am a trademe GOD! :0)

I am a trademe GOD! :0)

Old Feb 24th 2007, 12:31 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default I am a trademe GOD! :0)

Well, that's that done! Just picked up the final bit of kit for the flat here, all courtesy of www.trademe.co.nz

Seeing as we're waiting for our stuff on the container, we've made do with second-hand stuff, but what value for money!:

Microwave, clean, boxed, with instructions: $10
3 piece suite: $68
Coffee table, solid wood, really nice: $30
Mountain Bike + Helmet: $80
28 inch Panasonic TV + stand: $120
3 x oil filled radiators (got in quick before it gets cold): $20 - and get this, all are less than 2 years old, all work, and all retail at over $70 - bargain!!!

We are well chuffed with all that, plus the bidding is a right laugh. Unlike ebay, you can't get 'sniped' (outbid in the last second by someone using special software) on trademe, so everyone gets a fair shot.

Best thing? When we get all our own kit, I'm 100% positive I'll re-sell this lot for a profit

Just call me Wiz McPikey You can take the boy out of Southend, but you can't take Southend out of the boy
Old Feb 24th 2007, 1:02 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am a trademe GOD! :0)

Heh heh... from an Essex Girl to an Essex Boy, many congrats! Hope we'll have the same luck as you! That telly sounds like a right steal, good on ya!
Old Feb 24th 2007, 5:39 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I love Trade Me but I love garage sales more
Todays bargains were a ladies racing bike with alloy wheels and dynamo light and helmet for $5 (seller is going to oz Monday), a portable tv for $10, a camping sandwich toaster $2, commercial cheese/ potato grater/slicer $4, job lot of kitchen scissors $1.
Last week I got an authentic kenwood mixer with all attachments for $10, it was a bit dusty and needed a clean but they are absolutely bomb proof and make baking an absolute pleasure
Old Feb 24th 2007, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
Well, that's that done! Just picked up the final bit of kit for the flat here, all courtesy of www.trademe.co.nz

Seeing as we're waiting for our stuff on the container, we've made do with second-hand stuff, but what value for money!:

Microwave, clean, boxed, with instructions: $10
3 piece suite: $68
Coffee table, solid wood, really nice: $30
Mountain Bike + Helmet: $80
28 inch Panasonic TV + stand: $120
3 x oil filled radiators (got in quick before it gets cold): $20 - and get this, all are less than 2 years old, all work, and all retail at over $70 - bargain!!!

We are well chuffed with all that, plus the bidding is a right laugh. Unlike ebay, you can't get 'sniped' (outbid in the last second by someone using special software) on trademe, so everyone gets a fair shot.

Best thing? When we get all our own kit, I'm 100% positive I'll re-sell this lot for a profit

Just call me Wiz McPikey You can take the boy out of Southend, but you can't take Southend out of the boy
Hey Wiz ( Iwould ask where you got your name from but it suggests illegal substances to me)
Just to let you know Trade me has an auto extend feature so when you bid at the last min and there are a few bids going on it keeps adding time to the auction until the bidding stops.
so its sort of indefinate. What a rip off.
Any way are you up to ridding your new bike yet . I am always looking for a challenge or a bike riding companion.
Cheers. The Northern moaner
Old Feb 24th 2007, 7:29 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
I love Trade Me but I love garage sales more
Todays bargains were a ladies racing bike with alloy wheels and dynamo light and helmet for $5 (seller is going to oz Monday), a portable tv for $10, a camping sandwich toaster $2, commercial cheese/ potato grater/slicer $4, job lot of kitchen scissors $1.
Last week I got an authentic kenwood mixer with all attachments for $10, it was a bit dusty and needed a clean but they are absolutely bomb proof and make baking an absolute pleasure
Do u just look in the paper for these garage sales, I would love to get a bike. Mine got stolen from outside my house a couple of weeks before my container took all our stuff away...Now it would be lovely to cycle around the park with the kids...
Old Feb 24th 2007, 7:39 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
Do u just look in the paper for these garage sales, I would love to get a bike. Mine got stolen from outside my house a couple of weeks before my container took all our stuff away...Now it would be lovely to cycle around the park with the kids...
I took the bike I bought up to our land and was riding up and down on it, it was great but hard work as I forgot I hadn't exercised those muscles for about three years
Yes I look in the local paper and go to the most local ones, also whilst you're driving around looking for the advertised ones you come across ones that were'nt and they just have put a sign up at the end of the street or something.
I love them, cos you can also have a bit of a laugh with the folk holding the garage sales, they're always up for a really good chat which is good cos you learn lots you didn't know about the area

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
Hey Wiz ( Iwould ask where you got your name from but it suggests illegal substances to me)
Just to let you know Trade me has an auto extend feature so when you bid at the last min and there are a few bids going on it keeps adding time to the auction until the bidding stops.
so its sort of indefinate. What a rip off.
Oh, I dunno, I think it works quite well - stops you getting gazzumped on summat you really want. Admittedly, if you're the last second pouncer, I can see that it ain't gonna work for you.

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
Any way are you up to ridding your new bike yet . I am always looking for a challenge or a bike riding companion..
Amazingly, I'm riding too and from work - about 15 minutes each way. It's a great ride too - through Hagley Park, then a short sprint along Blenheim Road to the office. It's working well for me, as I feel fitter already, and reckon a couple of pounds have fallen off too. Off the too at present, to speed things up a little. Once I'm up to speed (and have a bit of wedge) I'll sell this old thing on and get something half decent.

It'll be a pleasure to join you on a ride one day - but you'll prob spend more time waiting for me to puff and pant my way up to you. PM me whenever you fancy a jaunt, and I'll be along. Sweet!
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Wiz. We bought loads off there too when we arrived - didn't break the habit though so it's still my first port of call I've sold a few things as well and that's an even bigger high
Old Feb 24th 2007, 7:45 am

[QUOTE=sky;4449340] I took the bike I bought up to our land and was riding up and down on it, it was great but hard work as I forgot I hadn't exercised those muscles for about three years [QUOTE]

You ain't wrong Sky! The worst thing for me was the bum-ache I got from the saddle. I was walking like John Wayne last week whilst my poor botty cheeks got used to it!

[QUOTE=sky;4449340] Yes I look in the local paper and go to the most local ones, also whilst you're driving around looking for the advertised ones you come across ones that were'nt and they just have put a sign up at the end of the street or something. [QUOTE]

I'll have to give them a bash - always up for a bargain! Seen loads of signs about, but I'm always too late, as they all close at around midday on Sat. I'm usually just out of bed about then.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 7:48 am
sky
Banned

[QUOTE=Wiz'n'Ton;4449352][QUOTE=sky;4449340] I took the bike I bought up to our land and was riding up and down on it, it was great but hard work as I forgot I hadn't exercised those muscles for about three years [QUOTE]

You ain't wrong Sky! The worst thing for me was the bum-ache I got from the saddle. I was walking like John Wayne last week whilst my poor botty cheeks got used to it!

[QUOTE=sky;4449340] Yes I look in the local paper and go to the most local ones, also whilst you're driving around looking for the advertised ones you come across ones that were'nt and they just have put a sign up at the end of the street or something.

I'll have to give them a bash - always up for a bargain! Seen loads of signs about, but I'm always too late, as they all close at around midday on Sat. I'm usually just out of bed about then.
I wake up with the birds so am always the first there to bag a bargain