Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I am sure this has been covered, but I can't find where

I am sure this has been covered, but I can't find where

Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

susannah has a brilliant futuresusannah has a brilliant futuresusannah has a brilliant futuresusannah has a brilliant futuresusannah has a brilliant futuresusannah has a brilliant future
Default I am sure this has been covered, but I can't find where

As you guys are the fountain of knowledge about NZ I thought you would be able to help.

Do fridges, microwaves toasters etc work in NZ (plug's changed obviously).

Just so I know if I need bother take all the electrical goods

Thanks

Susi
Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:43 pm

Dave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant future
Default Re: I am sure this has been covered, but I can't find where

Originally Posted by susannah
As you guys are the fountain of knowledge about NZ I thought you would be able to help.

Thanks

Susi
Hi Susi!

Yes your electrical goods will be OK over in NZ as the voltage and frequency is OK. As you say the plugs will need changing. TVs are a little different for the transmission I believe (I'm still looking at that - anyone with some advice would be gratefully received!), but if you have a playstation or DVD (multi-regioned to be able to play R4 NZ as well) then it might be worth taking along depending how you are shipping things over.

Cheers,

Dave
Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:43 pm

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, yes and yes!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 20th 2005, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave and Lyns
Hi Susi!

Yes your electrical goods will be OK over in NZ as the voltage and frequency is OK. As you say the plugs will need changing. TVs are a little different for the transmission I believe (I'm still looking at that - anyone with some advice would be gratefully received!), but if you have a playstation or DVD (multi-regioned to be able to play R4 NZ as well) then it might be worth taking along depending how you are shipping things over.

Cheers,

Dave
Hi Dave
we're taking our tv / dvd/video player but just for the kids to watch their videos / DVD's etc - there have been a number of threads on here explaining about the transmission difficulties - too complicated for me so haven't remembered them but if you did a search you'll find the info.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

susannah has a brilliant futuresusannah has a brilliant futuresusannah has a brilliant futuresusannah has a brilliant futuresusannah has a brilliant futuresusannah has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Joshlin
Hi Dave
we're taking our tv / dvd/video player but just for the kids to watch their videos / DVD's etc - there have been a number of threads on here explaining about the transmission difficulties - too complicated for me so haven't remembered them but if you did a search you'll find the info.
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I knew I had read it here before, but after searching I couldn't find it anywhere.

Thanks again

Susi
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

nivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by susannah

Thanks

Susi
Hi Susi

There is a thread on page 13 entitled "Advise request re- electrical goods" which might be useful.

I tried to post the link but when I checked it, it came up as something else entirely!! Doh!

Cathy.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 11:47 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nivlem
Hi Susi

There is a thread on page 13 entitled "Advise request re- electrical goods" which might be useful.

I tried to post the link but when I checked it, it came up as something else entirely!! Doh!

Cathy.
Have you been drinking again Cathy love...tsk, tsk..Is this the link you wanted to put on??

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305683
Old Jul 21st 2005, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Have you been drinking again Cathy love...tsk, tsk..Is this the link you wanted to put on??

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305683

Thanks for the link. I mustr have looked right past it as I looked back to page 26.

Thanks

Susib