Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I am so scared now! - GRAPHIC - Do not read if squeamish!

I am so scared now! - GRAPHIC - Do not read if squeamish!

Old Feb 17th 2007, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy I am so scared now! - GRAPHIC - Do not read if squeamish!

I have been reading Sarah's post about medicals and it reminded me of something that happened to me a few years ago!

I suffered 2 mid-pregnancy miscarriages, one in Nov 2002 & May 2003 - both happened because of big blood clots in my womb, it started my contractions and I gave birth months too early! A couple of weeks after my 2nd loss I started bleeding extremely heavy and went straight back to hospital - I was sent home after being told there was nothing wrong with me! This happened another 3-4 times in a week! Sent home being called a liar! I went to my GP to see if he would help me, he took bloods and my Hb level was down to 3.something - I was so ill, I could barely walk or concentrate! He sent me straight back to hospital where I was admitted as an emergency and had days of blood transfusions.

In Dec of that year, I fell pregnant with my middle child and was monitored closely due to blood clotting probs - I had the same again so had to start a course of Clexane (blood thinner) injections daily! This obviously helped and I gave birth normally and no blood problems again! BUT, I fell pregnant a few more months later and had same blood clots problems - started Clexane again as blood clots were detected again! Normal birth etc. and to this day (15 months!) I have never had another blood clotting problem.

I am scared because we are going out on a visitor's visa (no quals but years of experience and no job offer despite applying for loads!) and I'm afraid that at my medical, they will pick up on this and want more info! How would I sort that out from NZ ?? I'm just so scared that if we sell up and leave, shipping our belongings too, that they refuse me and send us packing back here! I only have these problems when pregnant and am NOT going to be having anymore seeing as Carl had snippety snip last year hehe!

Has anyone been through this or know anyone who has blood clot problems and been refused ?! I don't want to end my dream, but I don't want to go out and be sent back here! Other than this, I don't smoke, drink only a couple of glasses of wine of a weekend and keep fit - well I have a 15 old who just learnt to walk and a 2 1/2 yr old inquisitive chap to keep me on my toes lol.

Please help put my mind at rest!

Michelle xx
Old Feb 17th 2007, 8:58 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am so scared now! - GRAPHIC - Do not read if squeamish!

Michelle

So sorry to scare you hun.Didn't mean to. Get yourself a large glass and chill.

I would advise you to get as much info from your consultant & G.P before you go & if possible?? get yourself a consultation to say that you've been given the all clear & no re-occurence of your condition is expected at any time.

I hope that puts your mind at ease (knowing you, it probably hasn't )

Sarah x
Old Feb 17th 2007, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Sarah! It wasn't you that scared me, it reminded me and I probably wouldn't have had this knowledge in advance if I hadn't known about you! So it has been a blessing in disguise I have a LARGE wine now hehe!

My GP and consultant are both absolutely lovely - would marry them if bigamy was legal and would give me whatever records and notes I needed! Also on top of this I had pre-cancerous cells in 2000 !!! I'm a walking disaster but have had negative 6 monthly check-ups ever since! Yay

Get your butt on MSN girl !!!!!!!!!!

Michelle x
Old Feb 17th 2007, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
Thanks Sarah! It wasn't you that scared me, it reminded me and I probably wouldn't have had this knowledge in advance if I hadn't known about you! So it has been a blessing in disguise I have a LARGE wine now hehe!

My GP and consultant are both absolutely lovely - would marry them if bigamy was legal and would give me whatever records and notes I needed! Also on top of this I had pre-cancerous cells in 2000 !!! I'm a walking disaster but have had negative 6 monthly check-ups ever since! Yay

Get your butt on MSN girl !!!!!!!!!!

Michelle x
i had doogy cells a few yrs ago & they weren't a problem on my medical (i'm having a smear test here next week , oh what joy & will have to pay $33 for the privilge )
can't help with the other stuff, but good luck girl xx
Old Feb 17th 2007, 11:11 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Yea I had laser treatment for pre cancerous cells too and it didn't stop me getting into nz. I think because you problems were caused by pregnancy and you're not having any more babies you should be ok. I think it's just medical problems that are on going that nz immigration are looking out for because of the potential costs of treatment and medicines to the country.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 11:13 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppets
i had doogy cells a few yrs ago & they weren't a problem on my medical (i'm having a smear test here next week , oh what joy & will have to pay $33 for the privilge )
can't help with the other stuff, but good luck girl xx
Aren't they free here that's appauling isn't it!
I should probably go for one soon as the last one I had was just before I came out here.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
Aren't they free here that's appauling isn't it!
I should probably go for one soon as the last one I had was just before I came out here.
yep i know $33 for a nurse to stick a lollipop paddle up me fanny & twizzle it around a bit, i think they should pay me guys get it easy don't they
Old Feb 18th 2007, 7:56 am
sky
Banned

Originally Posted by poppets
yep i know $33 for a nurse to stick a lollipop paddle up me fanny & twizzle it around a bit, i think they should pay me guys get it easy don't they
Yes