I am in nelson

Old May 14th 2016, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

donutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to behold
Default I am in nelson

Well it's been a long struggle. But I have now been here a week . Only thing is the rest of the family is back in uk and I wouldn't advise doing it this way if you are really close I am on a emotional roller coaster and keep asking if I've done the right thing feeling very home sick I think and house hunting is not going well x
Old May 14th 2016, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am in nelson

Its a real culture shock.
I did it that way when we moved to OZ in the 90's
and for two weeks before the wife and son arrived
I was a mess, emotional like you and questioning everything.

When are your family coming to join you
Old May 14th 2016, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

donutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Justcol
Its a real culture shock.
I did it that way when we moved to OZ in the 90's
and for two weeks before the wife and son arrived
I was a mess, emotional like you and questioning everything.

When are your family coming to join you

Hi they should be here the end of this month fingers crossed but this is the longest I've been away yes it is a culture shock ! 😃
Old May 15th 2016, 7:42 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

MrF came over in a Sept and was due back 3 weeks later, he got a job offer within a couple of days of landing and didn't return until 19th Dec, then we all came over in the January.
Old May 15th 2016, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

nikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond repute

It can be tough being apart of you aren't used to it. I came over 3 months after my husband started his job. However, we were used to that length of time apart, this being easier with Skype and whatsapp.

Just remember... It's only a small amount of your exciting new adventure. Your family will be back together before you know it
Old May 15th 2016, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute

Be gentle with yourself, this huge life changing thing you've been planning for ages is now really here and that will always be scary. I moved from one of the hottest UK summers right into a very cold and dark NZ winter. It was unsettling and disorientating so do try to bear in mind little things like that. I recommend New World as a supermarket for getting some UK branded treats to ease homesickness. Set small achievable goals to explore your new home and get your bearings. It takes a month or two to settle initial nerves and confusion but from experience it does get easier.
Old May 17th 2016, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LauraNotts
Be gentle with yourself, this huge life changing thing you've been planning for ages is now really here and that will always be scary. I moved from one of the hottest UK summers right into a very cold and dark NZ winter. It was unsettling and disorientating so do try to bear in mind little things like that. I recommend New World as a supermarket for getting some UK branded treats to ease homesickness. Set small achievable goals to explore your new home and get your bearings. It takes a month or two to settle initial nerves and confusion but from experience it does get easier.
Thanks it's a little difficult but I'll get there the next big thing is schools so I am surprised I am not gray xxx 😂 it's been a long time planning and I hope we all settle its nice to know people have felt the same d
Old May 17th 2016, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nikkijane88
It can be tough being apart of you aren't used to it. I came over 3 months after my husband started his job. However, we were used to that length of time apart, this being easier with Skype and whatsapp.

Just remember... It's only a small amount of your exciting new adventure. Your family will be back together before you know it
FaceTime and what's app what a god send it would be a lot harder with out it thanks d x
Old May 17th 2016, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donutt
Well it's been a long struggle. But I have now been here a week . Only thing is the rest of the family is back in uk and I wouldn't advise doing it this way if you are really close I am on a emotional roller coaster and keep asking if I've done the right thing feeling very home sick I think and house hunting is not going well x
I am not particularly close to my family, we are pretty independent in fact, but it is still a culture shock. Being in an unfamiliar land where you don't know how to do everyday things is hard, I felt like a fish out of water.

I was on my own for a couple of days at the beginning, I always say now that it is best to make the journey together if at all possible. I have never quite managed to follow my own advice on that point though.

For me things very suddenly clicked into place at week three. We had started to make a bit of progress with house hunting and we were sat having lunch in a beach cafe with beautiful sea views. I started to feel that we could make it home and indeed we did end up in that particular suburb for the next four and a half years.

(This was Australia but I think it is the same thing).
Old May 29th 2016, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

killercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud of

Hi Donutt,
hoping your family have arrived now and you are feeling more settled, try not to be too put off by the weather. we are in Blenheim (about 1 1/2 hours over the hill) we have been in NZ for 6 years now and it does get better we have only been at the top of the south for the last 6
months and I can honestly say that apart from the last 2 weeks the weather has been awesome. hopefully you have now negotiated the school and got your housing sorted and with your family reunited will feel much better. let me know if you need anything or if you explore over this way.
Old Jun 4th 2016, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Thank you so much living enner Glynn X ifamily coming Tuesday xxx I might take you up on offer thanks xxx d
Originally Posted by killercat
Hi Donutt,
hoping your family have arrived now and you are feeling more settled, try not to be too put off by the weather. we are in Blenheim (about 1 1/2 hours over the hill) we have been in NZ for 6 years now and it does get better we have only been at the top of the south for the last 6
months and I can honestly say that apart from the last 2 weeks the weather has been awesome. hopefully you have now negotiated the school and got your housing sorted and with your family reunited will feel much better. let me know if you need anything or if you explore over this way.
Old Jun 4th 2016, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

carpman has a brilliant futurecarpman has a brilliant futurecarpman has a brilliant futurecarpman has a brilliant futurecarpman has a brilliant futurecarpman has a brilliant futurecarpman has a brilliant futurecarpman has a brilliant future

Hello from us too I am sure you must be excitedly looking forward to your reunion! It was hard enough for us all arriving in NZ together - I have so much admiration for you coming here first - blinkin' well done you!

What a very chilly day here it is here in Nelson today so you probably have your heat-pump blasting out hot air or a woodfire going!...first time I ever tried to light one of those it took me an hour and a half...thankfully got that down to just a few minutes now...the joys of living in NZ, aye

I have sent you a pm (I hope it worked!) and happy to help in any way we can. We don't come on here much now...actually haven't been on here for yonks and yonks...gosh, where has the time gone?
Old Jun 6th 2016, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Hi no your pm didn't come through yes today's the day where they all arrive soooooo excited just hope they all settle 😊😊😊😊😊😊

Originally Posted by carpman
Hello from us too I am sure you must be excitedly looking forward to your reunion! It was hard enough for us all arriving in NZ together - I have so much admiration for you coming here first - blinkin' well done you!

What a very chilly day here it is here in Nelson today so you probably have your heat-pump blasting out hot air or a woodfire going!...first time I ever tried to light one of those it took me an hour and a half...thankfully got that down to just a few minutes now...the joys of living in NZ, aye

I have sent you a pm (I hope it worked!) and happy to help in any way we can. We don't come on here much now...actually haven't been on here for yonks and yonks...gosh, where has the time gone?
Old Jun 8th 2016, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

allyokay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Donut! I'm so sorry but I've only just seen your post. I'm afraid I don't use this forum much now either. I hope you settled in okay and it will be fantastic having your family with you. We moved over at the end of November and had the most amazing summer. It's a bit chilly now but I'm sure you'll agree when the sun shines its gorgeous. I just love being in Nelson, imho its the best place to live in NZ! I'm sure that now your family is here you'll be kept so busy but if you ever want to nip into town and get a glass of wine at Harry's Bar or maybe a coffee at Deville's that would be great. If you're into keeping fit you can come along to one of my Zumba classes, It would be nice to meet you sometime x

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 6th 2016 at 10:42 pm.
Old Jun 8th 2016, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute

Hope the reunion went well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.