British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   I am moving... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/i-am-moving-629084/)

Persephone Sep 4th 2009 6:47 am

I am moving...

To Christchurch!!!!

Mr Sue is being transferred down there for work and we should be moving mid December:eek::eek: So not much time...
It has been on the cards for a few months but it was confirmed last week.

So I have two options: I leave him and stay here or I go and have Xmas and New Year off and then start job hunting again:rofl: Think I'll be doing the latter;)

BEVS Sep 4th 2009 6:51 am

Re: I am moving...

You're moving closer to me all the time, which could be bad for your liver.

Persephone Sep 4th 2009 6:54 am

Oh hell, my liver's already crying out for help;)

Now where's that Merlot gone, need to show that liver who is boss:rofl:

BEVS Sep 4th 2009 6:58 am

In that case, welcome to the Mainland that is the South Island. I can get us two good pig livers anyway if needs be. :beer:

Persephone Sep 4th 2009 7:15 am

Great, I'll go and read up on transplant surgery...I'm sure I can manage it, I have been working for more years than I care to mention and do enjoy a bit of surgery:thumbsup:

I love a challenge:eek:

weejie Sep 4th 2009 7:44 am

Welcome ( soon) to the South Island. You will be able to visit Dunners as well!! Your liver will be 100% merlot in no time:D

Phyl x

Matewx Sep 4th 2009 8:05 am

Oh no!!!
There was me thinking we had a thing going... I moved to North Island JUST for you and within a few months you are going!!! :zzz:
:sneaky: :o

Am Loolah Sep 4th 2009 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Matewx (Post 7903216)
Oh no!!!
There was me thinking we had a thing going... I moved to North Island JUST for you and within a few months you are going!!! :zzz:

Two timing Cad ... :frown:

Good luck with the move Sue!:thumbup:

AngelaandJim Sep 4th 2009 10:15 am

Good luck with your move Sue :)

BEVS Sep 4th 2009 11:09 am

She already has luck. It's called South Island.

P2L Sep 4th 2009 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 7903601)
She already has luck. It's called South Island.

Welcome to the real world Sue!! :rofl::rofl:

Jan n Neil Sep 4th 2009 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by Matewx (Post 7903216)
Oh no!!!

I have been here a week, do i need to say any more ;)

terrier2 Sep 5th 2009 8:21 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 7903102)
You're moving closer to me all the time, which could be bad for your liver.

What you need is Milk Thistle, Im having a repeat blood test for liver function this friday coming. Milk Thistle says on the bottle that it helps the liver to combat alcohol miss-use. Lets see what happens.

Persephone Sep 5th 2009 9:44 am

Well I'm never drinking again after last night.
Still feeling rough-opening yet another bottle seemed such a good idea at the time...:frown:

Matewx
Oh no!!!
There was me thinking we had a thing going... I moved to North Island JUST for you and within a few months you are going!!!
Matewx!!! If only I'd known you feel that way, there's still time- Mr Sue can go to the South Island alone:wub: And I thought AL was the love of your life, though of course she can't compete with me:lol:

Thanks for all the good lucks though of course I won't need it! If I ever roll up in Dunedin I'll be round for a Merlot, Phyl.
Hmmm didn't I just say I wasn't drinking again? No will power that's my problem:rofl:

BEVS Sep 5th 2009 10:51 am

Bugger you then. :zzz:Nowhere near Dunedin.