Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I am here...............

I am here...............

Old May 9th 2011, 12:06 am
Account Closed

DandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond repute
Default I am here...............

Now where is my little family??

Good morning all, after over 33 hours in transit (four flights) i have arrived in Invercargill, what a dinky little place it is.

My boys don't arrive for a few months, so chin up, be strong and time will fly by, right?????
Old May 9th 2011, 12:44 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: I am here...............

Hallloooo. Welcome to New Zealand

Hope the journey was good and you are liking what you see of Invercargill so far.

My boys don't arrive for a few months
It's a shame when you can't all arrive together. We had that. Himself was here a couple of months before me.
Anyway. "Chin Up. Be strong. Time will fly by." You've always got us lot for the time being

You didn't happen to see Luke&Jo on yer travels did you? They are AWOL
Old May 9th 2011, 12:47 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandJMay
Now where is my little family??

Good morning all, after over 33 hours in transit (four flights) i have arrived in Invercargill, what a dinky little place it is.

My boys don't arrive for a few months, so chin up, be strong and time will fly by, right?????
hello and welcome to sunny, well sort of sunny NZ, i do like your description of cargill as Dinky .......... lol so your implying its not a sprawling metropolis ...
Old May 9th 2011, 12:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome home. Glad you've arrived safe & sound. Shame that you couldn't all come together but hopefully time will fly by for you
Old May 9th 2011, 2:38 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Good to hear you've arrived safe and sound. How long til your boys get here?
Old May 9th 2011, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to NZ.. Take it easy for a few weeks, i found i was a bit lost for a time...

Anyway, Enjoy it, your finally here !.

Oh and change your location under your pic.. You have been dying to change it right..

Gary.
Old May 10th 2011, 3:56 am
Account Closed

DandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for all your lovely replies.

Oscar the cat is arrives in 41 days, then Darren arrives in 20 weeks, which can I just say is far to long so we are working out how to get the figure down.

I have been really impressed with the way things have worked out so far, the phone, internet and my bank account all sorted in the same day. No ifs no buts just sorted. Perfect.

I think dinky is good way to describe Invers, I have already spotted a Larma and Emu in the park, I just hope I can get the hang of the traffic system, I seem to spend hours waiting to cross the roads and I can't work out which way the traffic is coming from.

Apart from the missing family, so far so good.

PS any tips on getting the hang of jetlag would be great
Old May 10th 2011, 3:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Wessa
Welcome to NZ.. Take it easy for a few weeks, i found i was a bit lost for a time...

Anyway, Enjoy it, your finally here !.

Oh and change your location under your pic.. You have been dying to change it right..

Gary.
Changed it