British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   In a hurry to post ? FastBook (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/hurry-post-fastbook-701302/)

Persephone Feb 28th 2014 10:11 pm

Re: In a hurry to post ? FastBook

Off to London tomorrow for work starting Monday. Drinks with a good friend tomorrow night-I suspect I may be a wee bit hungover on Sunday. Haven't really drunk for a few weeks...

scrubbedexpat094 Mar 1st 2014 12:36 am

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 11148365)
Working hard in Stoke on Trent;) They liked me so much, they wanted me to stay another week:thumbup:

Did you stay another week? Always a great feeling to be wanted. Used to drive through Stoke on the way from Burton to St.Helens. Was great when the A50 was built through there. Where are you off to next?

BEVS Apr 7th 2014 9:39 am

I have just discovered thatmy husband can really tweetle. Tweetweet.
As in, he can really, really whistle melodiously. He can whistle sucking air in and out. I never knew that but it is really rather ace. My Bourkes like it.

bakedbean Apr 8th 2014 1:22 pm

I thought from the first sentence that you meant he had discovered Twitter :sneaky:

Persephone Apr 8th 2014 6:03 pm

On a free iPad in JFK airport as mine is refusing to recharge. Impressed with the set up:)
See, I can say something nice about this country;)

BEVS Apr 8th 2014 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by bakedbean (Post 11209795)
I thought from the first sentence that you meant he had discovered Twitter :sneaky:

:lol: This is totally unlikely. He can find you tube now though.

MrsFychan Apr 15th 2014 6:20 am

hopes something really awful happens to our buyer and estate agent. what a pair of nasty "@#$!!&*%%(())%%$##@@

never experienced anything like it, makes UK estate agents look like angels.

fuming doesn't cover it

BEVS Apr 15th 2014 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 11219453)
hopes something really awful happens to our buyer and estate agent. what a pair of nasty "@#$!!&*%%(())%%$##@@

never experienced anything like it, makes UK estate agents look like angels.

fuming doesn't cover it

Spill !

MrsFychan Apr 15th 2014 10:34 pm

moving day is today, pre inspection was Sunday 5pm. Monday we get an email stating they want the potting table removed, the planters removed as well as various other stuff. they want the lawn mowed as close to settlement time as well as the weeding.

They gave no leeway on moving date so we have had to kennel the animals, take temp accommodation as the people we are buying from can't move until 22nd. Yet they give us less than 48hrs to move large garden stuff.

Then to top it off, all day spent back and forth with emails from solicitor's. their solicitor last email at 1.20pm to my email stating unless we hear by 2pm there is not a single thing we can arrange, then bloody estate agent turns up unannounced at 5.15 with the ******* buyer to do a further inspection to see what the state of play was with the removal of said items, which estate agent said he thought the solicitors had arrange. but in another breath when we questioned him was this was all happening as we had told him on several occasions that everything in the garden apart from trampoline, basketball hoop and garden tools were staying he just said nothing to do with him its between us and the buyers and what the solicitor sorts out so he hadn't bothered reading the emails. My Solicitor DID not even know they wanted to come round. . Lets just say I was not impressed and if this ever ends we shall be making a formal complaint against the estate agent as he was fully aware of the stuff being left and the stunt he pulled with bringing the buyer round without our prior knowledge let alone permission. Rant Over

BEVS Apr 15th 2014 10:41 pm

Has this sale now gone unconditional. Have you signed anything to say you will do all this manicuring ? If not, tell 'em to bog off.
Sounds like said buyer and REA know each other a bit.

MrsFychan Apr 15th 2014 11:32 pm

thats my opinion that the estate agent if at least doesn't know them is having a laugh as we got a fixed rate from him and he has previously said ours was a charity case.

Anyway they asked for $500 Solicitor told them to shove it and we will agree to $200 and no more if they want more get it from agent who was fully aware what was not going.

Anyway removal men here, just getting last bits loaded then a quick clean around, off to the pub for a lunch and call at the last possible moment to say we are out

Snap Shot Apr 16th 2014 12:08 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 11220897)
thats my opinion that the estate agent if at least doesn't know them is having a laugh as we got a fixed rate from him and he has previously said ours was a charity case.

Anyway they asked for $500 Solicitor told them to shove it and we will agree to $200 and no more if they want more get it from agent who was fully aware what was not going.

Anyway removal men here, just getting last bits loaded then a quick clean around, off to the pub for a lunch and call at the last possible moment to say we are out

Blimey what a palaver ! Blasted cheek of the Estate Agent coming round with the buyers like that.

Hope you have a good pub lunch.

I'm not surprised you are furious.

Good luck for moving into your new house next Tuesday, so you'll be moving in the Easter holidays. Proves that settlement doesn't always have to happen on a Friday, even if it's just because of Anzac Day falling on a Friday this year.

(Sorry to say this but you are going through a lot of aggro when your new house is in a neighbouring district)

Oh and what was the, 'charity case' dig from the Estate Agent ? How rude when the fixed fee was already agreed. I'm not surprised there are things you're going to complain about.

BEVS Apr 16th 2014 12:16 am

Ah! The old ' squeeze the last cent ' wheeze. Disgusting.

Go enjoy your pub lunch. It's nearly done now and you can look forward ot a new beginning.

You know. Ages back in the UK when we were selling my OH's flat , the estate agent turned up with the buyers on the day of my Mum's funeral. Thought it would be OK as we would be out anyway. :ohmy: There are some real bad'uns out there.

MrsFychan Apr 16th 2014 5:04 am

All done and dusted now...

BEVS Jul 15th 2014 3:50 am

R'argh !

All I want is to be able to buy a pair of plain navy blue leggings. It seems this is not possible at all ,right here in the wonderful Nelson and Bays entire area but it is all I want.

I did think of the sideways approach. A pair of plain grey leggings and then dye the buggers . No chance.

bearskin Jul 15th 2014 10:25 am

Just been watching The King of Kong again. What a top film. We used to have bloke at work just like Billy M. He made a musical instrument on his desk out of pins and rubber bands. Got fired for turning up drunk once too often... last heard of 'modelling'. Funnily enough, I've never played Donkey Kong.