Human Resources

Old Sep 19th 2005, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

bosshog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Human Resources

Are the HR systems and practices the same in NZ as they are in the UK? Would the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) qualifications be recognised by Personnel in NZ? I hope so.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

aarcc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Human Resources

Originally Posted by bosshog
Are the HR systems and practices the same in NZ as they are in the UK? Would the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) qualifications be recognised by Personnel in NZ? I hope so.
Have you checked out the Human Resource Institute of NZ:

http://www.hrinz.org.nz/

I e-mailed them with this very question and they said that although UK CIPD quals are not formally recognised individual employers would often accept them as having equivalent merit.

Started looking for a NZ HR job etc?

aarcc
MCIPD

Last edited by aarcc; Sep 22nd 2005 at 7:56 pm.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 7:16 am
Just Joined

bosshog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Human Resources

Thanks for very for this - very useful. I haven't started looking yet my docs are going over to NZIS today. Wish me luck once I have acceptance I may start looking, but just taking one day as it comes right now.

How about yourself......?
Old Sep 26th 2005, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

aarcc is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: Human Resources

Originally Posted by bosshog
Thanks for very for this - very useful. I haven't started looking yet my docs are going over to NZIS today. Wish me luck once I have acceptance I may start looking, but just taking one day as it comes right now.

How about yourself......?
I'm trying to gauge whether I should try and get a job 1st then apply for the visas.

But I should pull my finger out and finish my MSc HRM to get that extra 5 points.

aarcc