Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hull - Auckland AT LAST WE MADE IT.

Hull - Auckland AT LAST WE MADE IT.

Old Sep 20th 2007, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

PHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to behold
Default Hull - Auckland AT LAST WE MADE IT.

Hi all

New to site but already feel at home.

My name is Tony & My wife is called Amanda and and we have two kids one 17 year old son and our daughter who is 4, yesterday we found out that we have been granted residence and i cant tell you how happy we are.

We are hopefully looking to move over From Hull ( UK ) in the next 6 months after selling house ( when i have finished renovating it ) and moving to Aucklands North Shore area. We would like to move to B.O.P But i have heard that not alot of driving jobs there ( I hope you can correct me though ).

I am a Heavy Truck Driver (class 5 ) and my Wife is a Social Worker and we both plan to do same in N.Z

Does anyone have advise on where to live when we get of plane or any links to sites that do house renting in the area we want at a reasonable price.

SO MANY QUESTIONS SORRY

Can anyone recommend a good cheap container removal company to ship our goods over and VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION will the lads X.Box 360 work in N.Z if i change the plug.

Thanks, Hope you can help and we will keep in touch.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 9:04 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Hull - Auckland AT LAST WE MADE IT.

Originally Posted by PHONEJUNKY
SO MANY QUESTIONS SORRY...VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION will the lads' X.Box 360 work in N.Z if i change the plug.
Throw the X-Box thingie in the rubbish. Get your lads outside. There are heaps of sporting activities here along with fishing, hiking, surfing, skiing...bucket loads of stuff to do.

Last edited by happynz; Sep 20th 2007 at 9:09 am.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice

hi phonejunky

welcome to the site, there are loads on here who can give you the info on anything you need to know

i am kirstie (36) and husband is paul (34) we are hoping to get over in the spring, ( i am originally from withernsea)

you must be over the moon at getting your visa

with regards

kirstie
Old Sep 20th 2007, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Animal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to all

Hi all

My name is Tony & My wife is called Amanda and and we have two kids one 17 year old son and our daughter who is 4, yesterday we found out that we have been granted residence and i cant tell you how happy we are.

We are hopefully looking to move over From Hull ( UK ) in the next 6 months after selling house ( when i have finished renovating it ) and moving to Aucklands North Shore area. We would like to move to B.O.P But i have heard that not alot of driving jobs there ( I hope you can correct me though ).

I am a Heavy Truck Driver (class 5 ) and my Wife is a Social Worker and we both plan to do same in N.Z

Does anyone have advise on where to live when we get of plane or any links to sites that do house renting in the area we want at a reasonable price.

SO MANY QUESTIONS SORRY

Can anyone recommend a good cheap container removal company to ship our goods over and VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION will the lads X.Box 360 work in N.Z if i change the plug.

Just want to say well done, I bet your over the moon!!
Old Sep 21st 2007, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

cathdarke1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

SO MANY QUESTIONS SORRY

Hi,

We have been in the Bay of Plenty 6 weeks and i have to say their are loads of driving jobs. Container - we used Brittania and i have to say they where excellent not one thing has been broken - It took 6 weeks for our stuff to arrive - We did 4 weeks in the Uk staying with family.
It cost £ 3600 including insurance and that was for a 20foot container - Which fitted all our furniture in (4 bed house). That included all packing and port costs and unpacking adn removal of rubbish at the other end. That was picked up from Warrington, Cheshire and sent to Tauranga, Bay of Plenty.
Xbox works out here so the kids don't need to worry.
Website for rental

www.allrealestate.co.nz

Good luck with the move and feel free to ask me anything
Cath