British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   In huge praise of Golden Arrow. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/huge-praise-golden-arrow-639942/)

BEVS Nov 10th 2009 8:33 am

In huge praise of Golden Arrow.

I've just received a phone call from Golden Arrow & I think that is brilliant. :)

It was a follow up to the shipping of Numptys' pugs and I am right impressed with Golden Arrows efforts.

Just looking forward now to hearing from Numpty herself.

Kija Nov 10th 2009 12:45 pm

Re: In huge praise of Golden Arrow.

Wish we had something like that here :( it's times like this that I wish I was uber rich and could afford to charter planes to travel with my doggies :wub:

HHBoP Nov 10th 2009 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8086515)
I've just received a phone call from Golden Arrow & I think that is brilliant. :)

It was a follow up to the shipping of Numptys' pugs and I am right impressed with Golden Arrows efforts.

Hi Bevs

Could i just ask do u mean shipped as in boat?? How long does that take? Am using Golden Arrow as well so good to hear the positive feedback. Am flyin my mogs ova with them. Hope all is goin well for numpty.. sadly I will no longer be goin to Whakatane, employer not confirming where now unitl i provide a date.

cheers

hh

nukiwi Nov 10th 2009 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8086515)

We too used Golden Arrow and found their professionalism outstanding. They kept us updated throughout the process and nothing was too much trouble. We have now been in NZ nearly 15 months and have two very happy cats.

I would recommend them to anyone. :)

BEVS Nov 10th 2009 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by HHBoP (Post 8088157)
Hi Bevs

Could i just ask do u mean shipped as in boat??

hh

Noo. I meant flown as in an airplane.

Shipped just sorta slipped off the keyboard last night.:p

I'm still impressed that Golden Arrow thought to ring me here in NZ to follow up on these pugs. :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by Kija
Wish we had something like that here

Is there no pet exporter there then Kija ? What will you do?
I suppose your pets will have to stay here in quarantine for 6 months.

MnB Nov 10th 2009 9:47 pm

Hi Bevs....:thumbsup:for Golden Arrow!! & thanks again! ...karma well due to you I reckon :thumbsup:

Kija Nov 10th 2009 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8088332)
Noo. I meant flown as in an airplane.

Shipped just sorta slipped off the keyboard last night.:p

I'm still impressed that Golden Arrow thought to ring me here in NZ to follow up on these pugs. :thumbsup:

Is there no pet exporter there then Kija ? What will you do?
I suppose your pets will have to stay here in quarantine for 6 months.

I've read a lot of good stuff about Golden Arrow, and there's another good UK based pet carrier too but I forgot their name :confused:

Bevs from what I understood from the MAF website is that because Egypt is not a rabies controlled country we can't bring the dogs in, but if they've been in a rabies controlled country for more than 6 months they can enter and have to stay in quarantine for a month.

The really sad part is they don't accept birds, I have 2 Senegal doves, one is blind (Noddy) and if we get to go to New Zealand I'll have to leave them behind :cry_smile: and I adore Noddy :wub: :broken_heart:

Jan n Neil Nov 10th 2009 10:55 pm

we used golden arrow can highly recomend them :thumbup:

neil

BEVS Nov 10th 2009 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by Kija (Post 8088624)
The really sad part is they don't accept birds, I have 2 Senegal doves, one is blind (Noddy) and if we get to go to New Zealand I'll have to leave them behind :cry_smile: and I adore Noddy :wub: :broken_heart:

Ah ! I know that feeling. I had an aviary and kept budgies, finches and lovely rosa bourkes parakeets. Broke my heart to have to leave them behind but I donated them to Bournemouth Gardens Aviary which is run by donations.

Jan n Neil Nov 11th 2009 3:32 am

we had a 12 yr old parrot she went to a good home but it was hard letting her go

Neil

Kija Nov 11th 2009 9:49 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8088718)
Ah ! I know that feeling. I had an aviary and kept budgies, finches and lovely rosa bourkes parakeets. Broke my heart to have to leave them behind but I donated them to Bournemouth Gardens Aviary which is run by donations.

we had a 12 yr old parrot she went to a good home but it was hard letting her go
:( :broken_heart: It's very hard leaving pets behind :(

HHBoP Nov 11th 2009 6:36 pm

"Noo. I meant flown as in an airplane.

Shipped just sorta slipped off the keyboard last night."

Do-ooh - sorry :o

Cheers

hhbop