Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hubby kicking off about cost of dogs?!

Hubby kicking off about cost of dogs?!

Old Aug 24th 2006, 10:47 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hubby kicking off about cost of dogs?!

Does anyone have any info about organising flying your dog out to NZ without using a pet carrier company? Getting all info yourself, getting your own vets to do all the blood tests etc and then taking them to cargo departures and loading them in the right crates yourself? Hubby balking at roughly £6k for the 2! I'm more of the opinion it's better to pass the buck to a professional organisation; that's one less thing to deal with?

Same thing with the removals companies. He's saying you can get your stuff loaded on a container yourself for a fraction of the cost of international shippers. Me? I'm wanting them to come and pack the stuff & give me a facial at the same time! Not to mention doing the washing up before the pack the kitchen stuff? I don't care how much it costs (ish) I just want to book it & have it done!

He's never going to win the dog arguament, but have to be seen to enquire and research all areas - coz he can't be arsed!
Old Aug 24th 2006, 10:51 pm
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Hubby kicking off about cost of dogs?!

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Does anyone have any info about organising flying your dog out to NZ without using a pet carrier company? Getting all info yourself, getting your own vets to do all the blood tests etc and then taking them to cargo departures and loading them in the right crates yourself? Hubby balking at roughly £6k for the 2! I'm more of the opinion it's better to pass the buck to a professional organisation; that's one less thing to deal with?

Same thing with the removals companies. He's saying you can get your stuff loaded on a container yourself for a fraction of the cost of international shippers. Me? I'm wanting them to come and pack the stuff & give me a facial at the same time! Not to mention doing the washing up before the pack the kitchen stuff? I don't care how much it costs (ish) I just want to book it & have it done!

He's never going to win the dog arguament, but have to be seen to enquire and research all areas - coz he can't be arsed!
I don't know about the pets, we def using a professional company. Shipping however, yes you can do it on you own, I did start to look into it, but decided that easier to let those taht know do the job. One thing I did learn tho is that there are lots of cheap containers out there, but not many of them are fit for see freight, some thing about letting the water in. This prob doesn't help, just my two penith

Adie
Old Aug 24th 2006, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by Jac&Adie
I don't know about the pets, we def using a professional company. Shipping however, yes you can do it on you own, I did start to look into it, but decided that easier to let those taht know do the job. One thing I did learn tho is that there are lots of cheap containers out there, but not many of them are fit for see freight, some thing about letting the water in. This prob doesn't help, just my two penith

Adie
Adie, sweetie, it helps, because I will throw it into the conversation like I know what I'm talking about!!! I thank you!! Ooops, Fairy trait - over use of exclamation marks. Sorry! (Just the one)

Last edited by Am Loolah; Aug 24th 2006 at 11:07 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Adie, sweetie, it helps, because I will throw it into the conversation like I know what I'm talking about!!! I thank you!! Ooops, Fairy trait - over use of exclamation marks. Sorry! (Just the one)
Isn't it cheaper to put a pair of shorts and a tee shirt on them-quick shave and then ask them to be quiet-pair of shades,order them meat-hey presto-book em on as kids!!
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by danny.f
Isn't it cheaper to put a pair of shorts and a tee shirt on them-quick shave and then ask them to be quiet-pair of shades,order them meat-hey presto-book em on as kids!!
Hubby said to go with your offer of torching the Saab, and accidently leave the dogs in the car. Hubby now dead.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby said to go with your offer of torching the Saab, and accidently leave the dogs in the car. Hubby now dead.
If he's dead,I want assurances before we go ahead. If I agree-I absolutely don't want to die.
What about the costumes? Scooby doo always gets away with it.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:25 pm

If he's dead,I want assurances before we go ahead. If I agree-I absolutely don't want to die.
What about the costumes? Scooby doo always gets away with it.
Only because of those "pesky kids?"

I was thinking no need for costumes as because his plan was they'd be BURNING???!!"!
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Only because of those "pesky kids?"

I was thinking no need for costumes as because his plan was they'd be BURNING???!!"!
And that's obviously not what you had in mind? Very cruel that. For a small price I can include a general anaesthetic to decrease any anxiety on the dogs behalf? Kidding...kidding......OH NO!!! NOT THE TESTICLES!!!!
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:39 pm

And that's obviously not what you had in mind? Very cruel that. For a small price I can include a general anaesthetic to decrease any anxiety on the dogs behalf? Kidding...kidding......OH NO!!! NOT THE TESTICLES!!!!
You now V. V. V. Naughty nursey nurse and deserve to suffer. Shall subject you to my singing Christina Aguilera - doesn't matter what track - I can't sing. Use your imagination - tis going to make your ears bleed! see my reply to your thread re: most famous person you've copped off with. I thought you were kindred sprite - in a pixie stylie - you betrayed me. Can do magic. Am Fairy. Be afraid. Be Very Afraid - Danny Boy!

Last edited by Am Loolah; Aug 24th 2006 at 11:41 pm. Reason: Too much love potion
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

You now V. V. V. Naughty nursey nurse and deserve to suffer. Shall subject you to my singing Christina Aguilera - doesn't matter what track - I can't sing. Use your imagination - tis going to make your ears bleed! see my reply to your thread re: most famous person you've copped off with. I thought you were kindred sprite - in a pixie stylie - you betrayed me. Can do magic. Am Fairy. Be afraid. Be Very Afraid - Danny Boy!

Me well confused now!! Have seen and naturally-am very afraid-tis natural- but what was you,and when?
When am I on detention miss?
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:55 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

hey loolah! ( pleased to meet another fairy overuser of the exclamation mark!)

Anyway, where was your quote from - it seems really expensive. Last year our friends took over their humungous pooch ( hes quite chubby really) and he was 1100 pounds.

Ours came as a job lot ( 2 cats and a dog) so I dont know individual costs.

We looked into doing it ourselves - but it was so difficult and TBH I dont even know if there is a way!! We couldnt find it.
The blood tests and stuff are very anal - if you go with a carrier ( well ours did) they do all the paperwork, dates, sample bottles - everything - out vet was over the moon cos when we said she had to do tests for animals going to NZ she nearly collapsed - cos its notoriously hard.

Wish I could send you back our crate to save you some money!

oh forgot to say - our quote included the hand making of the crate made to measure!
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:57 pm

Me well confused now!! Have seen and naturally-am very afraid-tis natural- but what was you,and when?
When am I on detention miss?
See me in my office Tuesday after tutorial.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

just to put my 2penith in to, its going to be stressful enough without having to worry about you shipping container & pets & all that goes with it. For your own sanity get the pros in & let them do what they know best & what they have more experience in, you already have enough to do.
if my hubby had come up with that idea he would have known where he could shove it & he'd be doing it all himself
i'm with you on this one AL.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by poppets
just to put my 2penith in to, its going to be stressful enough without having to worry about you shipping container & pets & all that goes with it. For your own sanity get the pros in & let them do what they know best & what they have more experience in, you already have enough to do.
if my hubby had come up with that idea he would have known where he could shove it & he'd be doing it all himself
i'm with you on this one AL.
Ended up in a bit of a barney, with me saying exactly that almost word for word and him insisting he can do it. Left it at he will look into it (if I ever let him near the computer) and meanwhile I'll just book the pro's!!! That way he'll think we've compromised - I'll know I've won!

The quote was with Airpets - for 2 of them?
Old Aug 25th 2006, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Liz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud of

Ended up in a bit of a barney, with me saying exactly that almost word for word and him insisting he can do it. Left it at he will look into it (if I ever let him near the computer) and meanwhile I'll just book the pro's!!! That way he'll think we've compromised - I'll know I've won!

The quote was with Airpets - for 2 of them?
Don't let your husband near the computer and I'll try to keep mine away!! My husband is dealing with the packing of our own container, along with a car and a van. He is also organising the shipping of the boat. We have a house full of every packing item possible!! The only thing I will admit too is that it is alot cheaper. I am not getting involved in any of the packing, apart from the children's and my suitcase - I am leaving in two weeks - he is staying behind. So in the end I think I have won!

I have, however, insisted that our dog is shipped is by a professional company.

Liz & Co

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.