Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

How are we watching BBC now?

How are we watching BBC now?

Old Aug 2nd 2015, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

madao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How are we watching BBC now?

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
That's strange as my Now TV works perfectly, I'd email UnBlock Us and ask them if they know a reason, they advertise Now TV working via their service. When I've emailed them in the past they get back to you pretty quick.
I plugged back in to the router and found the DNS has gone back to the default Slingshot one. I guess now that perhaps Iplayer was working for me due to their Global mode.

So, I changed the DNS again and it seems to be all working bar C5 catchup. Its not telling me it cant play but i just get the swirly circle and thee prograam doesnt play. Ill send Unblock US a query about that.

Last edited by madao; Aug 2nd 2015 at 1:48 am.
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madao
I plugged back in to the router and found the DNS has gone back to the default Slingshot one. I guess now that perhaps Iplayer was working due to their Global mode.

So, I changed the DNS again and its all working bar C5 catchup. Ill send Unblock US a query about that.
I don't they support C5, I have had C5 working in the past and their servers are that slow its unwatchable so I wouldn't worry about it.
Old Aug 16th 2015, 10:33 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Is anyone using Netflix to watch the BBC and the like ?
Old Aug 17th 2015, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to start bringing Now TV boxes in from the UK, getting NZ plugs for the boxes and doing the install at people's house. I'm also thinking about selling the boxes on themselves with instructions on how to get it working in NZ and have full access to BBC, ITV etc on their TVs without messing about with computers, cables etc.

Does anyone think it's a good idea?
Old Aug 17th 2015, 6:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hola - a Chrome extension.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 10:20 pm
`

I'm going to start bringing Now TV boxes in from the UK, getting NZ plugs for the boxes and doing the install at people's house. I'm also thinking about selling the boxes on themselves with instructions on how to get it working in NZ and have full access to BBC, ITV etc on their TVs without messing about with computers, cables etc.

Clearly I would be in favour of something like that at the moment.

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Hola - a Chrome extension.
I've read warnings on here about using Hola Ozzidoc.

All we wish to do is avail ourselves of some decent viewing when we fancy it.

I had been using mediahint for when we wanted to watch something on UK TV but that seems to have stopped working for me.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 5:13 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: How are we watching BBC now?

[Dragons Den]How much would they retail for and does it work in HD?[/Den]
Old Aug 18th 2015, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Charismatic
[Dragons Den]How much would they retail for and does it work in HD?[/Den]
Maybe around $150 for a box, HDMI Cable, remote and NZ plug (one of those black adaptor plugs) and they're only in SD.
Old Aug 21st 2015, 6:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

What kind of warnings please? Thanks
Old Aug 26th 2015, 3:11 am
`

What kind of warnings please? Thanks
Found the thread HERE. It links to the first one also.
Old Aug 30th 2015, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BEVS
Found the thread HERE. It links to the first one also.
Thank you so much!!
Old Aug 31st 2015, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

karen87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much!!
I'll second that! I had no idea about those security issues
Old Aug 31st 2015, 11:45 pm
`

Originally Posted by karen87
I'll second that! I had no idea about those security issues
TBH . I'm new to this lark and don't quite understand but am happy to heed the precaution.

Unotelly is doing it for us.