Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

How to watch UK TV in NZ

How to watch UK TV in NZ

Old Sep 11th 2013, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute
Default How to watch UK TV in NZ

The triathlon world champs starts tomorrow in London. Triathlon live TV online wont let me watch because I am outside Europe.

Ay ideas on what UK proxy servers are best for enabling UK TV? I am also missing strictly!

Free or paid, don't mind, I just need it to be reliable!

Thanks!
Old Sep 11th 2013, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to watch UK TV in NZ

I've tried a few different ways to stream live TV from the UK and there's always one major stumbling block. Because there's only one already over loaded cable connecting NZ to the rest of the world the international Internet speeds are too slow. I've got an app on my iPhone that gives you 100's of TV channels including all the UK Freeview ones and you're lucky to get 20 seconds of TV before it stops to buffer.

The app is called Film On if you want to try it. I've also tried different VPN's and failed every time. I'd got my Nintendo Wii rigged up with BBC iPlayer through the TV via a VPN, that would have been perfect but yet again, too slow.

Let me know how you get on.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 9:19 am
Just Joined

ajed is an unknown quantity at this point

When I lived in Europe I used to watch Brit TV using StreamVia - cheap and pretty reliable, too. Only problems we had were during the 2012 olympics... Then again, I think that every provider probably had the same problems as us.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

sparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond repute

Tunnel bear, not had any problems.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 9:08 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.expatshield.com/
Old Sep 11th 2013, 9:55 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by M_and_M
The triathlon world champs starts tomorrow in London. Triathlon live TV online wont let me watch because I am outside Europe.

Ay ideas on what UK proxy servers are best for enabling UK TV? I am also missing strictly!

Free or paid, don't mind, I just need it to be reliable!

Thanks!
Hiya.

Can you provide a link to the stream you want to view? I use unblock-us.com, which is awesome for Netflix and iplayer.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

S_and_T is a jewel in the roughS_and_T is a jewel in the roughS_and_T is a jewel in the roughS_and_T is a jewel in the roughS_and_T is a jewel in the rough

I'd recommend Go Trusted. It allows you to set your IP address to a server in UK, Europe, Asia or US.

http://www.gotrusted.com/
Old Sep 12th 2013, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

PHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to behold

I watch BBC iplayer and ITV player through Hola on my laptop, pad or phone and it works fine and only buffers now and again. I also download off iplayer and watch later. You can get someone in the Uk to get a slingbox and give you the password so you can watch Uk freeview over here. At the moment i get 4.8mps constant so not to bad.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 3:05 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

I use expatshield to view some programmes from BBC I player

I use some other stream sites to watch championship matches on Sky Sports, the broadcast can stop start but it's ok.

Although I always go and do something else whenever the adverts come on. Whilst the adverts here aren't the best, not having some delibrately hurt yourself, ring us and we'll get you $20,000 compensation advert - or even worse a car insurance comparison advert is quite refreshing

Having said that, one of my worst nightmares came on whilst watching the joyful River Monsters on Animal Planet. I never realised Australia had comparethemarket! I thought I got away from that pesky meerkat - arrrrgggghhhh!! The TV almost got smashed. I think someone needs to get Prince Nikolay Stronganov III family member to eat that pesky russian meerkat slowly
Old Sep 12th 2013, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Doesn't work: security on 4OD and BBC blocks you on that one.
Old Sep 13th 2013, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

If you find one please let me know, ones I previously tried just gave me a virus
Thanks
Old Sep 13th 2013, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moonie2011
If you find one please let me know, ones I previously tried just gave me a virus
Thanks
Oh heck! Will keep you posted
Old Sep 14th 2013, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

rossojo will become famous soon enoughrossojo will become famous soon enough

http://www.slingshot.co.nz/products/...t-global-mode/

This is great, but you have to be a Slingshot customer
Old Sep 14th 2013, 3:28 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Once again I am going to recommend www.unblock-us.com

Virus free, easy to setup and you can change your "location" to the US or UK, depending on what service you want to use.
Old Sep 14th 2013, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Catchafire
Once again I am going to recommend www.unblock-us.com

Virus free, easy to setup and you can change your "location" to the US or UK, depending on what service you want to use.
is this a new feature? I used their service last year and my TV always thought it was in the us. where do you set the location and does it actually think you are in the UK?

I have switched to a proxy solution but can't watch sky go on demand or 4od.

cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.