How to...UK TV

Old Jan 29th 2016, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

allyokay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to...UK TV

Originally Posted by jmh
What sort of modem/router do you have? Which unblocking company are you using?

I wouldn't change anything unless you are experiencing problems. Some DNS providers seem to be on top of it.
Nether NF4V and I'm using Cactus VPN

Nether???? Ahh! Netgear! ha ha !
Old Jan 30th 2016, 12:19 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by allyokay
Nether NF4V and I'm using Cactus VPN

Nether???? Ahh! Netgear! ha ha !
Bet its a Netcomm ;-)
Old Jan 30th 2016, 12:53 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by allyokay
Looks like Netflix have waged war on VPN services, from what I read the way forward is to change the DNS settings on your modem??? Is that right? Does anyone know what you change them to? Or better still had anyone got a link that will step by step show you what to do?
If Netflix has stopped working, first try changing the ip address you are using - you can do this via the app on your ipad. You could try logging out and in again too. This might be enough to reset it.

If that doesn't work, you could try using Smart DNS, which might be included in your package. You can set it up on your modem, laptop or smart tv. Details here: https://www.cactusvpn.com/smart-dns-setup-tutorials/

That's all I have set up and I haven't had a problem accessing Netflix. Other more technical work arounds are available if it's still not working and you'll find these in the link I made earlier. I suggest you contact Cactus to see if they can help. Providers seem to be coping with this quite well, and some of the smaller ones are not being targetted (yet).

Last edited by jmh; Jan 30th 2016 at 12:58 am.
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 9:55 am
Just Joined

frankcaffrey is an unknown quantity at this point

Not a fan of unblock-us, they have very complex dialer, and support team is quite moody. I waited for unblock.com to launch and they haven't launched yet. Leave me no choice but purchase purevpn.com for bbc iplayer and uk tv. and so far experience is good.
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

allyokay is an unknown quantity at this point

DNS4me.net is great I'm trailing it at the moment. Doesn't cost too much either. By the way, thanks JMH for the advice.
Old Feb 4th 2016, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

I just use Hulu, and I can access what I want.
Old Feb 4th 2016, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

pleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nice

Originally Posted by frankcaffrey
Not a fan of unblock-us, they have very complex dialer, and support team is quite moody. I waited for unblock.com to launch and they haven't launched yet. Leave me no choice but purchase purevpn.com for bbc iplayer and uk tv. and so far experience is good.
I don't understand why it's complex. All I do is click on the unblock-us icon and choose 'connect' or 'disconnect'. It couldn't be more simple!!