Reload this Page >

How to ship a small(ish) heavy item to NZ

How to ship a small(ish) heavy item to NZ

Old Jul 18th 2007, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

BobK will become famous soon enoughBobK will become famous soon enough
Default How to ship a small(ish) heavy item to NZ

Just a quick question.

I have some machine tools in the UK that I want my Dad to ship out to me in NZ. The size of the wooden crate that they fit into is relatively small, maybe 30cm X 30cm X 30cm but being large chunks of steel, the box is heavy at around 20Kg.

To post via the post office is just silly money. Has anybody shipped a relatively small heavy item like this before? who did you use? Obviously surface mail inside a container is fine. I'm in no rush, but the equivalent chinese tooling here is junk and I'd like to get them over.

Thanks

Bob
Old Jul 18th 2007, 5:36 am
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice
Default Re: How to ship a small(ish) heavy item to NZ

Back in 2003 I had my Computer system shipped out to me in 2 boxs the Monitor was the heaviset part (still in use as I type).

I had it Airfreighted out via a cargo handler based at Heathrow, they picked the boxes up from my parents home in Plymouth and I picked it up from Auckland. Worked out a lot cheaper than the Post Office.

Only headache was customs this end.

Being a setimental hoarder I still have the box with the company details

AWLI Group Ltd
Tel:- 020 8893 2299

May still be in business and may be of help?
Old Jul 18th 2007, 6:53 am

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How to ship a small(ish) heavy item to NZ

I shipped a metal tool box full of steel tools that were heavy. It cost £200+ in 2004 to Christchurch. We used a shipping firm but try any one. Try DHL or similar.