How rude !!!!

Old Nov 11th 2006, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Angry How rude !!!!

Evening all ... need to vent !!! (Sorry!)

I had PSS out the other day and between my son and nephew (22m old and 25m old) they terrorised the poor man !!! They fought, kicked and screamed with each other - he couldn't get out quick enough! Uh oh I thought, biiiiiiiiig quote now as compensation for his ears Anyhoo, as promised had my written quote within 2 days (this morning) - bit expensive for what I want to take with me I thought but haven't had any other quotes yet!

Here's my vent - I called up THREE other removals firms to arrange an appointment for them to come and do the survey - all promising to call me back within 30 mins to a couple of hours ... this was Monday !!! I'm STILL waiting for ONE phone call from all THREE !!!!!! I mean FFS people, I want to spend my money with one of them shipping my stuff over to the other side of the world and they can't even have the decency to call me back !!!!

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH - sorry! But it takes the biccie when I want to pay for something and can't get the service! Grrrrrrrrr

Rant over now! Hope everyone's well

Michelle & Carl
Old Nov 11th 2006, 4:56 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How rude !!!!

ACK! I hate that. As you say, you want to spend thousands of quid with them, and they just can't be arsed. Here, have a
Old Nov 11th 2006, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

That reminds me of what John Masons were like with us. I rang them asking them to come out and see us.... they never rang back. I rang again and managed to speak to the guy who would come out and he said he was too busy and wouldnt be able to come out for another 6 weeks!! If I remember right we were moving in about 8 weeks and I wanted it sorted obviously.... he kept saying that was enough time to get things sorted and not to worry.... in the end I rang them back and told them not to bother. Obviously never wanted our money.
Old Nov 11th 2006, 9:18 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
That reminds me of what John Masons were like with us. I rang them asking them to come out and see us.... they never rang back. I rang again and managed to speak to the guy who would come out and he said he was too busy and wouldnt be able to come out for another 6 weeks!! If I remember right we were moving in about 8 weeks and I wanted it sorted obviously.... he kept saying that was enough time to get things sorted and not to worry.... in the end I rang them back and told them not to bother. Obviously never wanted our money.

Us too!!!

Contacted John Masons & Crown relocations.Both promised that someone would contact me within 48 hours. Did they? Did they b*****s!!

The only one thats bothered is gool old PSS
Old Nov 11th 2006, 9:22 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
Evening all ... need to vent !!! (Sorry!)

I had PSS out the other day and between my son and nephew (22m old and 25m old) they terrorised the poor man !!! They fought, kicked and screamed with each other - he couldn't get out quick enough! Uh oh I thought, biiiiiiiiig quote now as compensation for his ears Anyhoo, as promised had my written quote within 2 days (this morning) - bit expensive for what I want to take with me I thought but haven't had any other quotes yet!

Here's my vent - I called up THREE other removals firms to arrange an appointment for them to come and do the survey - all promising to call me back within 30 mins to a couple of hours ... this was Monday !!! I'm STILL waiting for ONE phone call from all THREE !!!!!! I mean FFS people, I want to spend my money with one of them shipping my stuff over to the other side of the world and they can't even have the decency to call me back !!!!

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH - sorry! But it takes the biccie when I want to pay for something and can't get the service! Grrrrrrrrr

Rant over now! Hope everyone's well

Michelle & Carl
Hi Michelle,

We've had similiar experiences. PSS weren't the cheapest, but by far the most professional and knowledgable. Which is after all what you want when you're sending all your worldly belongings in a big metal box on a big metal ship, across the oceans to the other side of the world!!

We figured we'd rather pay slightly more and use the company who we have the most confidence in.

I'm afraid it seems to be the service industry across the board now in this country. Maybe it's the low standards we've all put up with for so long without complaining - so they all got complacent? Don't even get me started on builders!!!

Phew - it's good to rant!
Old Nov 11th 2006, 9:30 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Hi Michelle,

We've had similiar experiences. PSS weren't the cheapest, but by far the most professional and knowledgable. Which is after all what you want when you're sending all your worldly belongings in a big metal box on a big metal ship, across the oceans to the other side of the world!!

We figured we'd rather pay slightly more and use the company who we have the most confidence in.

I'm afraid it seems to be the service industry across the board now in this country. Maybe it's the low standards we've all put up with for so long without complaining - so they all got complacent? Don't even get me started on builders!!!

Phew - it's good to rant!
You just scare them away with your battery operated accessories!! :scared:
Old Nov 11th 2006, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
You just scare them away with your battery operated accessories!! :scared:
It was my daughter's Robosapien - you lot have dirty minds!
Old Nov 11th 2006, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

ssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Us too!!!

Contacted John Masons & Crown relocations.Both promised that someone would contact me within 48 hours. Did they? Did they b*****s!!

The only one thats bothered is gool old PSS
We were also going to go with John Masons until we had the misfortune of speaking to a Mr Harvey Fisher. This man had the instant effect of annoying me more than a skimmer on a cheap night out(ok Jack)
He was rude when we needed advise to the point of the OH putting the phone down on him and then he refused to send a letter to the solicitors with details on how to pay them for shipping the container as they dont do that, i asked him if he was willing to loose £3500 for a 28p stamp his reply do what you think is best So in the end we have gone with Fox & Co who have been superb can't help enough worth speaking to.
Old Nov 11th 2006, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by ssnjeff
We were also going to go with John Masons until we had the misfortune of speaking to a Mr Harvey Fisher. This man had the instant effect of annoying me more than a skimmer on a cheap night out(ok Jack)
He was rude when we needed advise to the point of the OH putting the phone down on him and then he refused to send a letter to the solicitors with details on how to pay them for shipping the container as they dont do that, i asked him if he was willing to loose £3500 for a 28p stamp his reply do what you think is best So in the end we have gone with Fox & Co who have been superb can't help enough worth speaking to.
John Masons told us to phone them back with the other companies quotes and they'd work it out from that rather than come out themselves. We didn't phone them back. Mainly from an ethical (get me!!) point of view that's using someone else who bothered to do the hard work when they couldn't be. Tut, Tut!!
Old Nov 12th 2006, 8:08 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

So anyone figured out who is the most reasonable yet?

Jeff-
Old Nov 12th 2006, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all

I feel a 'bit' better this morning about it I'm just going to ring around tomorrow and see who I can get to come out, seems thats the problem with most, they want your money but not the hard work in looking (noseying) through my stuff !!!! I did want to ship my car over (I'm learning to drive again after failing my test 6 years ago :scared: and love my Peuguot 306) but it seems it will be mega expensive to mend if it's gets brokened!

Can't I just pay for the damn container and if I fill it I fill it and if I don't, my loss ???? Arrrrrgggggghhhhhh

Should have just won the lottery last night and buggered off with nothing this morning (except my winnings of course!)

Thanks again - hoping to find a reasonable one soon Jack, sorry Jeff !!!

Michelle & Carl
Old Nov 12th 2006, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

danny fearon is an unknown quantity at this point

We are using Brittania, couldn't have had better service to date. They even moved us from our house into local rented accomodation for free, gave us loads of boxes and bubble wrap etc. They have been out and when we have rang them to say we are takinf more / less / different to what was agreed they have been great. Haven't packed up yet but they are coming on the 27th so hopefully the standard will be as goos as we've had so far. Can't compare costs as we thought theirs was reasonable after looking at other threads.
Donna
Old Nov 13th 2006, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

We ended up using Hadley & Ottaway from Norwich and they were totally excellent.... cannot praise them enough. I think they were our middle priced quote... the guy from Pickfords was just a kn0bhead tbh and then John Masons and another company I cant remember didnt want to come out. H and O moved like whirlwinds through our house on the day..... nice bunch of men and very organised and knew their stuff too.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 12:19 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

its interesting how we all have different experiences based upon our interaction with the salesman.

now john masons i am quite interested in using. its a toss up btwn pss and JM... but PSS sales dude was definitely the least knowledgeable. contradicts a lot of what we have all experienced doesnt it?

i still say - ignore the sales dude, and go by the comments/recommendations on how well the company dealt with your packing and removals.