Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

How quickly did it all happen?

How quickly did it all happen?

Old Jan 31st 2014, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How quickly did it all happen?

Timeline is on the blog. See link below
Old Feb 1st 2014, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Helen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to all

Just wanted to add to our bit here:

Posted everything off on Tuesday, got an email to confirm they'd received it Wednesday. Just had an email yesterday to say hubby has his visa but they want to check that my heart is ok.

A lot quicker than imagined but a little gutted about my issue (hubby is now telling me I shouldn't have ticked the box as I actually don't have an issue now... not really helping).

Anywhoo. Good luck
Old Feb 1st 2014, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

Bonitarosa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Helen256
Just wanted to add to our bit here:

Posted everything off on Tuesday, got an email to confirm they'd received it Wednesday. Just had an email yesterday to say hubby has his visa but they want to check that my heart is ok.

A lot quicker than imagined but a little gutted about my issue (hubby is now telling me I shouldn't have ticked the box as I actually don't have an issue now... not really helping).

Anywhoo. Good luck

Thanks Helen. Good luck to you too. It's always best to be honest :-) this waiting is a nightmare! I can't actually remember when we applied as the interview process was lengthy. I think we started end Nov? I'll have to ask my husband. :-)
Old Feb 1st 2014, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Helen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bonitarosa
Thanks Helen. Good luck to you too. It's always best to be honest :-) this waiting is a nightmare! I can't actually remember when we applied as the interview process was lengthy. I think we started end Nov? I'll have to ask my husband. :-)
Absolutely!! I've had two minutes of absolute horror and whatnot, thinking I'm going to be the reason we don't get there because I'd filled out a form wrong or something or other. I keep having to check myself, take a deep breath and remain positive!

I also only know dates because I worry I'm going to miss something so it's all in my diary
Hubby has only had to sign his name on all documentation so he's largely blissfully unaware of the chaos!

Possibly gone quicker than average for us because he has a job set up out there... just wanted to make sure other folks knew that too.
Old Feb 1st 2014, 6:44 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Helen, I had a partial knee replacement 7-8 years prior to my NZ meds. Immigration wrote to insist I had clearance from a Senior Orthopedic Surgeon to confirm the joint was still OK, he just laughed and said it would have been more sensible to inspect the other knee! Still cost me a heap for his letter.
Old Feb 1st 2014, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Stormer,

Thank you!!
That and a cup of tea and the world is right once more
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

we came back in august 2001 from a holiday to NZ, decided we would like to go back... looked into what we needed re points (24 as was back then and we had 23 ..).So one of us would need a job

Waited until my wife had finished her 2 yrs of teaching which meant we came out the following august 2002 on a WHV.

2 weeks later she had a permanent job and we appiled for PR and it came through in the november 2002 as i recall.

job done..
Old Mar 14th 2014, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

gaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nice

had the time to do it, so it took me pretty much 1 year with a bit of too-ing and fro-ing for NZQA and Meds.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute

I decided I wanted to come out in March of 2012. I needed to get my nursing registration sorted out before I could do anything. I dragged my heels a little (not a lot) and that took a year.

So April 2013 my registration arrived, I used an agency to hunt for jobs.

I got a job offer in May 2013 and got myself a WHV and was on the plane by July 2013.

Since I've landed in NZ I've got myself another job and a proper work visa for 3 years which I am starting on Monday.

The work visa (seeing as I was in NZ) took me about three weeks to organise and 3 days to get.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

kingacat is an unknown quantity at this point

We sent an email to a company to see if we were eligible mid January and moved to NZ mid November in the same year. It took time to sort out nursing registration and then get a job. Time went really fast though with all the organising!