How PC is N Zee

Old Feb 15th 2009, 3:19 am
Banned

pascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nice
Default Re: How PC is N Zee

Originally Posted by kiwinow
On our breakfast programme we have one straight Maori guy, one straight Euro woman and one gay guy. Very PC. I guess it depends on who you mix with but I'd say in NZ you will be accepted for who you are.
In theory yeah it should be fine but I would think twice if I were you. I have gay friends who have tried to settle in both Wellington and Auckland and said they are the least gay friendly cities they've visited.

The last England v nz rugby match at mount eden I watched in a bar in Auckland. The bar was full of well heeled, trendy kiwis. I reckon I was the only pom so I kept a very low profile.

England had a black player but I can't remember his name. Every time he got the ball he got so much racist abuse from the kiwis in the bar I felt sick and disgusted. These people are too racist.....
Old Feb 15th 2009, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pascalr
England had a black player but I can't remember his name. Every time he got the ball he got so much racist abuse from the kiwis in the bar I felt sick and disgusted. These people are too racist.....
Very unusual. Most Polynesians would take grave offense at someone being racist towards blacks and I certainly wouldn't like to take my chances against them.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

I

The last England v nz rugby match at mount eden I watched in a bar in Auckland. The bar was full of well heeled, trendy kiwis. I reckon I was the only pom so I kept a very low profile.

Are you sure they were all Kiwi's- not a few american Ivy league types on a two years posting, or 'Prince Harry' type ex-pats.
I am being very class-ist (if that's a word) but I do find, as with many of the nastier things in Western society, those at the top and bottom of the pile suffer from the same failings- drug abuse, racism, family breakdowns, dysfunctional families.
Whats the common denominator?
Too much money- no- the bottom of the pile have little or none.
Lack of education- no- the top of the pile have had thousands spent on their learning.
I think it's all to do with cognitive and emotional development - or the lack of it! Together with a serious dilution of the gene pool.

I know, I know. That was a terrible sweeping generalisation but ....
Jennie
Old Feb 15th 2009, 7:26 pm
Banned

pascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nice

Originally Posted by jennifer45
Are you sure they were all Kiwi's- not a few american Ivy league types on a two years posting, or 'Prince Harry' type ex-pats.
I am being very class-ist (if that's a word) but I do find, as with many of the nastier things in Western society, those at the top and bottom of the pile suffer from the same failings- drug abuse, racism, family breakdowns, dysfunctional families.
Whats the common denominator?
Too much money- no- the bottom of the pile have little or none.
Lack of education- no- the top of the pile have had thousands spent on their learning.
I think it's all to do with cognitive and emotional development - or the lack of it! Together with a serious dilution of the gene pool.

I know, I know. That was a terrible sweeping generalisation but ....
Jennie
All kiwis I'm afraid with ugly attitudes and 'all black' shirts. These were well groomed, smartly dressed and professional too.

Sad but true....disgusting really
Old Feb 15th 2009, 7:28 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by sr71
Very unusual. Most Polynesians would take grave offense at someone being racist towards blacks and I certainly wouldn't like to take my chances against them.

Are you sure? Pollys are the most racist people I've met and on the whole have few manners and little charm
Old Feb 15th 2009, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure? Pollys are the most racist people I've met and on the whole have few manners and little charm
May be true, but my point is that you'd be a brave man to make 'black' comments when there could be one standing very close to you.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 10:50 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by sr71
May be true, but my point is that you'd be a brave man to make 'black' comments when there could be one standing very close to you.
Well that was the funny thing. There were a few of them in the bar at the time and they didn't say anything.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still out regards the genuineness of your posts.
Can't quite figure out where your coming from.

You said you felt 'ill and disgusted' at the racist behaviour and antics of some 'well dressed, smartly groomed, professional types [I've seen many such, smart, well dressed, pseudo professionals at BMP rallies and in court- appearances can also be deceptive!].

So far so good - I am now to believe that you are anti racist.
You then go on to refer to Polynesians as 'Pollys'! Which is akin to Pakistanis being referred to as Pakis! A very derogative word, extremely offensive, hurtful and racist.

Instead of making sweeping generalisations about a peoples,
Pollys are the most racist people I've met and on the whole have few manners and little charm
What is your own personal stance on racism?
Old Feb 15th 2009, 11:03 pm
Banned

I'm still out regards the genuineness of your posts.
Can't quite figure out where your coming from.

You said you felt 'ill and disgusted' at the racist behaviour and antics of some 'well dressed, smartly groomed, professional types [I've seen many such, smart, well dressed, pseudo professionals at BMP rallies and in court- appearances can also be deceptive!].

So far so good - I am now to believe that you are anti racist.
You then go on to refer to Polynesians as 'Pollys'! Which is akin to Pakistanis being referred to as Pakis! A very derogative word, extremely offensive, hurtful and racist.

Instead of making sweeping generalisations about a peoples,
Pollys are the most racist people I've met and on the whole have few manners and little charm
What is your own personal stance on racism?
It depends on what you call racist.

However they were dressed they were kiwis yelling abuse at a black british rugby player. Clear enough.

If I was black and gay I wouldn't feel comfortable here. I was simply answering the post.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

It depends on what you call racist.

However they were dressed they were kiwis yelling abuse at a black british rugby player. Clear enough.

If I was black and gay I wouldn't feel comfortable here. I was simply answering the post.
And I was simply pointing out that you yourself used, what could have been construed as a racist term-'Pollys' causing me to doubt your own stance on the subject.
I am by no means condoning sports fans' behaviour when they attack an individual due to his race.
That there were Polynesians present who did nothing, says more for their dislike of the England Rugby squad or their reluctance to speak up against the racists [just as you failed to].

I have met many black english and black americans apart from my numerous Indian friends, who love living in NZ.

Perhaps it's Auckland,perhaps?
Old Feb 15th 2009, 11:40 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

That was my thought on reading pacalr's post too but I think he rather likes to be inflammatory so I thought better of bothering to point out the irony of his rambling.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 11:48 pm
Banned

And I was simply pointing out that you yourself used, what could have been construed as a racist term-'Pollys' causing me to doubt your own stance on the subject.
I am by no means condoning sports fans' behaviour when they attack an individual due to his race.
That there were Polynesians present who did nothing, says more for their dislike of the England Rugby squad or their reluctance to speak up against the racists [just as you failed to].

I have met many black english and black americans apart from my numerous Indian friends, who love living in NZ.

No argument from me there. Auckland is not my favorite city either.

Maybe the polynesians didn't like the english rugby squad.

I did actually say something to the guy next to me so he and his girlfriend started verbally laying in to me. I left at half time.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 11:50 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
That was my thought on reading pacalr's post too but I think he rather likes to be inflammatory so I thought better of bothering to point out the irony of his rambling.
But you did anyway, after someone else.

No need to be a sheep any more, you've left nz!
Old Feb 16th 2009, 3:12 am
Just Joined

willow74 will become famous soon enoughwillow74 will become famous soon enough

How did you feel when you were called a Pom?
Old Feb 16th 2009, 7:05 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: How PC is N Zee

When I first moved here I was quite liberal about the native people of New Zealand. They had chose a non-materialistic existance, didn't understand western values etc. In short I was being naive .

I nearly caught some Maori kid, 12 or so because he was breaking into my car the first month I was here. He could run a bit faster than me though so got away. Fair enough these thing happen etc. may not be cultural. The next morning I woke up to find my car had stones thrown at it.

Got the insurance money, sold the car for scrap and moved to a new house Whitby with propper fences etc. One night I left my car parked on the road for a couple of hours while I went for a cycle to the local supermarket for some milk. Came back and the stereo had been nicked...wouldn't have minded except they also stole my polo mints, I really like polo mints .

Lesson learned, got a new stereo and had a car alarm fitted. Ended up selling the car because it was almost repulsive to me for some irrational reason, like a chicken thats had its eggs touched.

Few months later someone smashed my window helping themselves to my laptop and TV but set off the alarm which the lovely lady next door called in but the police arrived far too late, then when I got home policeman was intent on making in my fault for having "nice things" lying about in my own house . The police caught them days later (Though to be fair it was only one Maori and two Samoans they charged) trying to flog the stuff. Despite having a numerous prevous convictions for theft, assault and DUI they where only asked to do community service .

In short, lock everything no matter where you live. New Zealand seems to suffer quite a lot from petty theft.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.