Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

How much would it cost..........

How much would it cost..........

Old Jul 27th 2010, 6:26 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default How much would it cost..........

We are in the midst of renovating our kitchen and bathroom and I've seen a gorgeous new cooker on trademe here that is imported from the UK. When I've checked on UK sites it's actually available at around 40% of the price they want here!

So my thought is to maybe ship it over, but need to weigh up the cost of shipping and GST as to whether we would save much.

My question to you lovely peeps is how much is it to take a part of a shared container. The dimensions of the said item would be 92cm x 100cm x 60cm plus a bit extra for packaging.

Thanks
Sarah
Old Jul 27th 2010, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much would it cost..........

Originally Posted by P2L
We are in the midst of renovating our kitchen and bathroom and I've seen a gorgeous new cooker on trademe here that is imported from the UK. When I've checked on UK sites it's actually available at around 40% of the price they want here!

So my thought is to maybe ship it over, but need to weigh up the cost of shipping and GST as to whether we would save much.

My question to you lovely peeps is how much is it to take a part of a shared container. The dimensions of the said item would be 92cm x 100cm x 60cm plus a bit extra for packaging.

Thanks
Sarah
Of course the cheeky option would be to approach a fellow BE'er and see if they have room in their container for your purchase
Old Jul 27th 2010, 8:05 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Of course the cheeky option would be to approach a fellow BE'er and see if they have room in their container for your purchase
That would be MOST cheeky of me, seeing as I've been very lapse in posting here lately but I like your thinking!!
Old Jul 28th 2010, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

cost of shipping + gst charged on cost of item and cost of insurance for item + cost of
delivery in nz+ cost of fitting and safety checks.

to much trouble if you ask me