Reload this Page >

How much will the banks lend

How much will the banks lend

Old Jun 23rd 2005, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

sandybob will become famous soon enoughsandybob will become famous soon enough
Question How much will the banks lend

Hi guys,
it's been a while since we posted a thread. Can anyone give me an idea how many times our income the banks will lend for a mortgage in NZ ?
Cheers BoB.
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 2:56 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much will the banks lend

Originally Posted by sandybob
Hi guys,
it's been a while since we posted a thread. Can anyone give me an idea how many times our income the banks will lend for a mortgage in NZ ?
Cheers BoB.
Not certain, but believe it's similar to here ie 3 - 3.5 x salary (ish)
Old Jun 24th 2005, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: How much will the banks lend

Originally Posted by Biddy
Not certain, but believe it's similar to here ie 3 - 3.5 x salary (ish)
Thanks Biddy
Regards BoB.
Old Jun 24th 2005, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

debnjohn will become famous soon enough

I've 'heard' it's 4.5 times the gross family income.
I've sent you a pm.
John.
Old Jun 26th 2005, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sandybob
Hi guys,
Cheers BoB.
Banks tend to lend you more if you are able to put down a sizeable deposit (25-30%). THere is no hard and fast rule....there is quite a lot of discretion.

Also, your monthly spending, credit card limits, other loans etc are taken into account. On average, somewhere around 3.5 - 4 times seems to be a reasonable assumption. Most fo the bank websites (NBNZ, WEstpac, ASB, ANZ) have calculators to give you an idea.

It makes life a lot easier ifyou are able to show six months of good savings history, ie set up a savings account and put away weekly / fortnightly savings to that, and dont dip into it. Banks feel a lot more comfortable if you have something like that to point to good saving behaviour...
Old Jun 27th 2005, 12:05 am
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newkiwi
Most of the bank websites (NBNZ, WEstpac, ASB, ANZ) have calculators to give you an idea.
Have at look at this one....I did and it gave me a good idea of what we could borrow and what it would cost us...good luck...

http://www.asbbank.co.nz/section460.asp
Old Jun 27th 2005, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by newkiwi
Banks tend to lend you more if you are able to put down a sizeable deposit (25-30%). THere is no hard and fast rule....there is quite a lot of discretion.

Also, your monthly spending, credit card limits, other loans etc are taken into account. On average, somewhere around 3.5 - 4 times seems to be a reasonable assumption. Most fo the bank websites (NBNZ, WEstpac, ASB, ANZ) have calculators to give you an idea.

It makes life a lot easier ifyou are able to show six months of good savings history, ie set up a savings account and put away weekly / fortnightly savings to that, and dont dip into it. Banks feel a lot more comfortable if you have something like that to point to good saving behaviour...
Thanks for the advice
regards BoB
Old Jun 27th 2005, 10:38 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Who sent me some nice anonymoose karma for this thread :scared: :scared:

If you don't sign your name I can't return the favour!!!
Old Jul 1st 2005, 4:19 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Who sent me some nice anonymoose karma for this thread :scared: :scared:

If you don't sign your name I can't return the favour!!!
Twasnt I but have been trying to return the favour for days now but keep getting that darn message that I must spread it around....grrrrrrrr will get it to you just as soon as they let me