Reload this Page >

How Much Notice to give a Shipping Company

How Much Notice to give a Shipping Company

Old Jan 16th 2011, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Laloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How Much Notice to give a Shipping Company

Hi All

I have finally got my PR and am flying out to NZ on 12th Feb.

When getting quotes etc from shipping companies, how much notice do they generally need to pack and ship your stuff. In other words if I agree on the quote given to me is 3 to 4 weeks enough time for them to pack and ship our stuff.

Thanks

David
Old Jan 16th 2011, 4:12 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Much Notice to give a Shipping Company

Originally Posted by Laloo
Hi All

When getting quotes etc from shipping companies, how much notice do they generally need to pack and ship your stuff. In other words if I agree on the quote given to me is 3 to 4 weeks enough time for them to pack and ship our stuff.

Thanks

David
Hi David
Sorry, I can't answer your question re shipping .... hope you don't mind but I've added you in on the February UK 2 NZ thread, just need your destination please
B x
Old Jan 16th 2011, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MnB
Hi David
Sorry, I can't answer your question re shipping .... hope you don't mind but I've added you in on the February UK 2 NZ thread, just need your destination please
B x

Flying to Auckland.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 4:54 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Flying to Auckland.
Ta muchly
Old Jan 16th 2011, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Si19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud of

Pickfords advised me on Friday a couple of weeks notice so they can organise crews, containers, space on ship etc, the longer the better obviously though
Old Jan 16th 2011, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

KayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud of

Hi All

Thanks

David
Hi,

Our stuff went last week - We only booked it all a couple of weeks before they atually came out to us and they took 2 days to pack and load the container.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by KayC
Hi,

Our stuff went last week - We only booked it all a couple of weeks before they atually came out to us and they took 2 days to pack and load the container.
Thanks for the replies guys.