British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   How Much Notice to give a Shipping Company (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/how-much-notice-give-shipping-company-700888/)

Laloo Jan 16th 2011 2:38 pm

How Much Notice to give a Shipping Company

Hi All

I have finally got my PR and am flying out to NZ on 12th Feb. :thumbsup:

When getting quotes etc from shipping companies, how much notice do they generally need to pack and ship your stuff. In other words if I agree on the quote given to me is 3 to 4 weeks enough time for them to pack and ship our stuff.

Thanks

David

MnB Jan 16th 2011 4:12 pm

Re: How Much Notice to give a Shipping Company

Originally Posted by Laloo (Post 9105533)
Hi All

When getting quotes etc from shipping companies, how much notice do they generally need to pack and ship your stuff. In other words if I agree on the quote given to me is 3 to 4 weeks enough time for them to pack and ship our stuff.

Thanks

David

Hi David
Sorry, I can't answer your question re shipping :unsure:.... hope you don't mind but I've added you in on the February UK 2 NZ thread, just need your destination please :)
B x

Laloo Jan 16th 2011 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by MnB (Post 9105681)
Hi David
Sorry, I can't answer your question re shipping :unsure:.... hope you don't mind but I've added you in on the February UK 2 NZ thread, just need your destination please :)
B x

Flying to Auckland.

MnB Jan 16th 2011 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Laloo (Post 9105716)
Flying to Auckland.

:thumbsup: Ta muchly :D

Si19761 Jan 16th 2011 5:40 pm

Pickfords advised me on Friday a couple of weeks notice so they can organise crews, containers, space on ship etc, the longer the better obviously though

KayC Jan 16th 2011 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Laloo (Post 9105533)
Hi All

Thanks

David

Hi,

Our stuff went last week - We only booked it all a couple of weeks before they atually came out to us and they took 2 days to pack and load the container. :thumbsup:

Laloo Jan 16th 2011 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by KayC (Post 9106130)
Hi,

Our stuff went last week - We only booked it all a couple of weeks before they atually came out to us and they took 2 days to pack and load the container. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies guys.