Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

How much money is enough when emigrating?

How much money is enough when emigrating?

Old Aug 11th 2009, 8:35 pm
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much money is enough when emigrating?

Originally Posted by clarecarr
what company are you using to take your rather cute cat? we have a gorgeous tabby and he will cost about £1400, after all the vet stuff! I have no idea what I am going to earn - but I think it will be pants compared to the uk

clare x
to be honest we haven't looked in to it thoroughly yet - we were having problems with NZQA (which I will post about elsewhere) and only found out today we can proceed with our current ITA.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

xxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nice

Originally Posted by shelloid
to be honest we haven't looked in to it thoroughly yet - we were having problems with NZQA (which I will post about elsewhere) and only found out today we can proceed with our current ITA.
Good luck with your ITA
Old Aug 12th 2009, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Pinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nice

Originally Posted by shelloid
OH is also liking the look of being a house-hubby
Mine too, and also with the golf-thing

I've told him: if he hoovers every day, learns how to do the washing without damaging my undies, followed by how to hang out to dry whilst minimizing creases, followed by remembering to fold and put away the dry clothes, learns how to wash up and actually remove the food rather than redistribute it, dusts, washes the windows, tidies up, grooms and bathes the dogs, learns how to clean the bathroom, AND has my tea ready for me every day...

... then he may indeed be a domestic angel, and have half an hour off every second Sunday for golf

Last edited by Pinkkat75; Aug 12th 2009 at 7:14 am.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Did you post it then????
"Oh Yes, didn't I say..... Posted at 1520hrs yesterday. Special Delivery £8.68. Double packaged. Masses of cellotape all over the shop.....that'll pee someone off when they try to get into it.

I told the post lady that I want the kind of postage cover that if it gets lost....someone dies.....she understood my meaning xx

xx
Old Aug 12th 2009, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Numptyhead
"Oh Yes, didn't I say..... Posted at 1520hrs yesterday. Special Delivery £8.68. Double packaged. Masses of cellotape all over the shop.....that'll pee someone off when they try to get into it.

I told the post lady that I want the kind of postage cover that if it gets lost....someone dies.....she understood my meaning xx

xx
Ha Ha, you are so funny-does she know you or was she terrified I'll try and send you karma for that. Bevissa
Old Aug 12th 2009, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Numptyhead

xx
Like it , for you xx
Old Aug 12th 2009, 7:48 pm
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pinkkat75
Mine too, and also with the golf-thing
yeah that's what mine's thinking of!

You're not planning on Wellington are you - if you are we may never get them off their arses and getting jobs - too busy golfing together
Old Aug 13th 2009, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bevissa65
Ha Ha, you are so funny-does she know you or was she terrified I'll try and send you karma for that. Bevissa
This is Cornwall, we all know each other..... Yeah I know her and it got to New Zealand House next day.Royal Mail doing what they promised...how impressive is that.
Have just remembered I didn't enclose a stamped addressed envelope for the poor cash strapped immigration peeps, to return my life docs to me.

Its only been a day and the waiting to know our outcome is killing me already
Ho Hum!