British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   How much longer??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/how-much-longer-613020/)

hokeypokey Jun 4th 2009 9:53 pm

How much longer???

Hiya - this is agonising.... cant wait much longer or am going to storm the INZ office and steal my blue sticker!!!! (kidding btw) Seriously though, this application process is taking forever (and ever and ever and ever). In brief submitted EOI June 08, submitted ITA November 08. Was given fab news that application was being processed in Feb 09 only to be informed shortly afterwards that INZ had made a mistake in assessing our EOI and that I needed full NZQA assessment or a job offer. Was also offered option of withdrawing application - an option which I couldnt quite believe - as if I was going to say oh sorry you made a mistake I'll just take back my application shall I? Wtf? Anyway - four months later still dont have outcome of NZQA assessment but do have job offer (yaye!) which I have now forwarded to INZ.

My question is - does anybody have any idea roughly how much longer my PR might take now I have submitted my job offer? (am applying under skilled migrant category). Am also gettin a bit worried that my medical might be out of date coz it was done in Nov 08. Does anyone know if these expire or not?

Any advice greatfully appreciated. In the meantime I am going to continue trying hard not to scream at the next person who says "are you still here then"?. I mean - really!!

alanmacc Jun 4th 2009 10:00 pm

Re: How much longer???

Originally Posted by hokeypokey (Post 7635133)
Hiya - this is agonising.... cant wait much longer or am going to storm the INZ office and steal my blue sticker!!!! (kidding btw) Seriously though, this application process is taking forever (and ever and ever and ever). In brief submitted EOI June 08, submitted ITA November 08. Was given fab news that application was being processed in Feb 09 only to be informed shortly afterwards that INZ had made a mistake in assessing our EOI and that I needed full NZQA assessment or a job offer. Was also offered option of withdrawing application - an option which I couldnt quite believe - as if I was going to say oh sorry you made a mistake I'll just take back my application shall I? Wtf? Anyway - four months later still dont have outcome of NZQA assessment but do have job offer (yaye!) which I have now forwarded to INZ.

My question is - does anybody have any idea roughly how much longer my PR might take now I have submitted my job offer? (am applying under skilled migrant category). Am also gettin a bit worried that my medical might be out of date coz it was done in Nov 08. Does anyone know if these expire or not?

Any advice greatfully appreciated. In the meantime I am going to continue trying hard not to scream at the next person who says "are you still here then"?. I mean - really!!

Hi

Generally once you have confirmed job offer and forwarded to NZIS the turn around is pretty quick.

They say with a confirmed job offer they can turn it around about 7 days, but ours took longer than that

Just keep on top of then now, im sure you will be leaving sunny Scotland soon, we did 2 years ago and are loving it

Good Luck
Alan

TeamEmbo Jun 5th 2009 12:16 am

I have a vague recollection that medicals were valid for 6 months and police checks for 3 months, but it could be the other way round :unsure: or it might have changed altogether since we came over. I'm not sure when the clock starts ticking on this tho as your application has been in for so long.

Reading this, it's a pretty useless reply really. Sorry! Maybe someone with more up to date info will be along soon to give you some proper information :thumbup:

RobDon Jun 5th 2009 7:57 am

As far as I know your medical is valid for 2 years once submitted and recieved by NZIS. I am sure if I am wrong someone can put you right! ;)

crap coffee Jun 5th 2009 8:41 am

cant wait much longer or am going to storm the INZ office and steal my blue sticker!!!! (kidding btw) Seriously though, this application process is taking forever (and ever and ever and ever). !

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry to hear that. .........

wish I was an immigration officer :rofl: ........if I was, I would definitely process your application form as Number #1) ;)

think this is real funny that the whole immigration process took less than five months :eek: for us in Tokyo ..... (We made an application form in February and then left Japan in October...) It was the early 90's. I can't just believe that.... how quick it was..............at that time. We also applied to Canada... but had to wait for 10 months :eek:.... so we moved to NZ without wasting our precious time! (It was my Dad's decision btw :sneaky: not mum......she still loves Canada much though..) I guess that's the first reason why we chose NZ! If Canada didn't take that long, then I'd be there now! :rofl: (the strange destiny I reckon.......my whole life would have been completely different then ... ) Who the hell knows I might be mum to two children now.........:rofl:

I know it's a real pain in the a**e, it's so bloody frustrating!

I guess I'll just wait.

All the best,

hokeypokey Jun 5th 2009 12:46 pm

Thank you for the replies. Feeling slightly less frustrated today. Will def be keeping "on top" of immigration - am sure they wont take long to inform me if my medical is out of date. So will just need to sit tight and wait a bit longer. :fingerscrossed:

Was good to be able to vent some feelings on here to folks who understand - def think i'll be coming back for more! :thumbup: Will keep you posted as to how i get on.

In the meantime crap coffee I definitely think you should apply for job at NZIS! ;)

BEVS Jun 6th 2009 12:35 am

In brief submitted EOI June 08, submitted ITA November 08. Was given fab news that application was being processed in Feb 09 only to be informed shortly afterwards that INZ had made a mistake in assessing our EOI and that I needed full NZQA assessment or a job offer. Was also offered option of withdrawing application - an option which I couldnt quite believe - as if I was going to say oh sorry you made a mistake I'll just take back my application shall I? Wtf? Anyway - four months later still dont have outcome of NZQA assessment but do have job offer (yaye!) which I have now forwarded to INZ.

Medicals are valid for 3 months.
Police checks are valid for 6 months.

How much time did NZIS give you to obtain either the full NZQA assessment or a job offer. Normally there is a time limit set on this.
If you are still within time, then your ITA will still be live on the case officer's desk & your medicals will be OK as they were submitted with that ITA.
It's not really possible to state how long an ITA application will take to be verified and accepted or declined, as it's a case by case basis.
NZIS will still need to check the job offer out and do the comparison against your skill set & work experience for the occupation.

Paula2007 Jun 6th 2009 9:41 am

Hi

My husband and I have applied for a Parent Visa and handed in our application to Immigration New Zealand in London with our medicals and police checks in the application pack in March 2009.

I asked the Visa Officer about the time line for our medicals and Police checks as I knew that it could be up to to two years before our application was looked at due to the amount of applications they were getting for this type of visa. She told me that they would still be valid. :thumbup:

crap coffee Jun 6th 2009 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by Paula2007 (Post 7639540)
Hi

I asked the Visa Officer about the time line for our medicals and Police checks as I knew that it could be up to to two years before our application was looked at due to the amount of applications they were getting for this type of visa. She told me that they would still be valid. :thumbup:

OMG TWO YEARS? :eek:

Paula2007 Jun 7th 2009 10:07 am

Hi Crap Coffee

Yes that is correct - it is 2 years!!!!

I will probably loose the will to live by the time we get the letter from INZ. Husband and I are both in our early 60's and just want to get over to New Zealand to support our children and help look after our grandchildren so that our children can go to work without worrying whose looking after their children. Nana and Granddad are ready to roll and are just sitting in the UK in limbo.

The way immigration select the Parent Visa applications has altered from February 2009 and it was just our luck that we handed ours in in March 2009. They now review them in strict date application order from all the branches, all over the world - so it doesn't matter where you sent your application to as it would make no difference now for this type of visa.

After this devastating news I decided to apply for a job in the NHS and got it and start tomorrow - I thought that this would keep my mind occupied. I never thought I would get an interview at 62 years of age but I must have something that they want? (I am a medical secretary)!!

Our daughter is coming home for a holiday 3 weeks today so that will while away another month. Roll on 2011.

crap coffee Jun 8th 2009 2:22 am

Originally Posted by Paula2007 (Post 7641773)

Yes that is correct - it is 2 years!!!! I will probably loose the will to live by the time.

Two years is almost shocking to me. end up being too tired to wait up for - quite possibly. doubt that I would ever bother moving to Nz .. if I had to wait that long....? have no idea, my parents would do the same thing........?:blink: Obviously they didn't want to wait another 10 months to get into Canada... Part of the reason was I was getting too old... already turned 15 (my brother was 13) at that time... so my life would have been even more complicated and difficult then (with language barrier etc) if we had stayded there longer ... We resided in Japan for 4.5 years as my dad was an Exchange Professor and didn't have flexible options he could grab... so it was such a big, hard decision to make (for him), but at the end of the day, we needed to do ...

The way immigration select the Parent Visa applications has altered from February 2009 and it was just our luck that we handed ours in in March 2009.

NZ has decided to introduce tough visa rules for the Parent Visa applications. (In my understanding, it was much easier 10 years ago - thats for sure)... I've got a Japanese friend who got a job (IT) in Wellington on Working Holiday visa, and then got a residence permit at the end - so her dream came true finally... also she really wanted to invite her mother here to live with her, but IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE....with what so ever many reasons! Just got rejected... so she now tries to invite her older brother! dunno what's going on with it though...

After this devastating news I decided to apply for a job in the NHS and got it and start tomorrow - I thought that this would keep my mind occupied. I never thought I would get an interview at 62 years of age but I must have something that they want? (I am a medical secretary)!!

Paula, Thats a very smart idea very wise!!! You must be very brave. The idea that working longer might also be good for your health. I'd love to work as long as I can - hopefully 65 years of age... :D Government work is no longer the job of last resort ...but will see. (If I don't go back to the UK...?)

A medical secretary tends to stay in the position - it's a good profession. I've been knowing a lady at my G.P's practice... since I was 17 :eek: AND SHE IS STILL THERE!!!! & my G.P!!!:rofl: she (both ladies) Has her hair turned grey now though...:rofl:

I hope things turn out okay for you.

In the meantime, enjoy a wonderful time with your daughter!

sarah1990 Jun 8th 2009 12:47 pm

NZ has decided to introduce tough visa rules for the Parent Visa applications. (In my understanding, it was much easier 10 years ago - thats for sure)... I've got a Japanese friend who got a job (IT) in Wellington on Working Holiday visa, and then got a residence permit at the end - so her dream came true finally... also she really wanted to invite her mother here to live with her, but IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE....with what so ever many reasons! Just got rejected... so she now tries to invite her older brother! dunno what's going on with it though...

with the working visa u can only work for a company for 3 months was it the same for your friend? x

crap coffee Jun 8th 2009 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by sarah1990 (Post 7644939)
with the working visa u can only work for a company for 3 months was it the same for your friend? x

Her employer sponsored her as a "special" which is daft I guess, to be honest. and pays her $45000. she doesn't deserve. Her job is... Admin and some basic database work. she has no uni degree and no experiences...

sarah1990 Jun 8th 2009 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by crap coffee (Post 7644961)
Her employer sponsored her as a "special" which is daft I guess, to be honest. and pays her $45000. she doesn't deserve. Her job is... Admin and some basic database work. she has no uni degree.

what is a special a one off? wow lot of money for something i do... did she just get the job when she got there or did she apply before gettin there>?

BEVS Jun 9th 2009 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS
Medicals are valid for 3 months.
Police checks are valid for 6 months.

Originally Posted by Paula2007 (Post 7639540)
Hi

Sorry for any confusion to anyone.

Paula.
As you have already submitted your application the police checks and medicals remain as part of the application. Their life is the life of the application regardless of whether it is sitting doing basically nothing on an NZIS officers desk

For those that are obtaining police checks and medicals for forthcoming applications:-.

Once you obtain a police check you have 6 months to submit that with an application otherwise it becomes invalid to NZIS.

Once you have your medicals you have three months to submit that with your application to NZIS.

Medicals and police checks must be current and timely at the point you submit your application. NZIS have set this as 3 months for the medicals and 6 months for the police checks.

Application means your ITA, temp work permits. WTR etc.